AWA ALPA Thread for the Week 9/14-9/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALPA will have a short term victory if they cram down the list and the Joint Contract by the end of the month.

The only way ALPA wins in the end is if the company is immediately sold and broken up before USAPA has a free and fair election.

ALPA and the company will be working overtime to prevent free and fair elections by a quick merger. And since ALAP writes "Flying the line" they will sacrifice their members in true ALAP fashion, and never acknowledge their deeds.
OK sport, how do you think this is going to finish? You and I both know this place isn't going to be "broken up."

Please, do tell.

And remember, you were wrong about Nicolau.

OK sport, how do you think this is going to finish? You and I both know this place isn't going to be "broken up."

Please, do tell.

You have no memory. I was one of the first to say that Prater was obligated to pass Nic to the company and I repeatedly pointed out that he was in breach for failing to do so. Eupohoria has apparently confused you. If ALPA fabricates a "USAPA" sickout, in coordination with the company, the same day they expect a huge reaction to the list being passed out, then don't underestimate what else ALPA can do the crush those who pay ALPA dues but show they are not faithful at all cost.

If this place isn't broken up or sold real soon then there will be an election of who is the agent.

Please, do tell.

It is a little too early for gloating. There are other options. A transaction will happen soon, but there is time to show our opinion in this matter. The Nicolau award being allowed is not a surprise. Arbitrated awards are rarely overturned. I would suggest for most people not to fly if they are stressed about this. My advice is to keep your options open. Wait before you act.

Junebug is running towards the end zone waving the football celebrating, lets slap it out of his hand and run the other way.

Give it a few days.

It is a little too early for gloating. There are other options. A transaction will happen soon, but there is time to show our opinion in this matter. The Nicolau award being allowed is not a surprise. Arbitrated awards are rarely overturned. I would suggest for most people not to fly if they are stressed about this. My advice is to keep your options open. Wait before you act.

Junebug is running towards the end zone waving the football celebrating, lets slap it out of his hand and run the other way.

Give it a few days.

Getting "sick" is probably exactly what ALPA planned on and they seem to have fabricated a "USAPA" sickout.

Don't get sick tomorrow. The best day to get sick is the day the election occurs.

Getting "sick" is probably exactly what ALPA planned on and they seem to have fabricated a "USAPA" sickout.

Don't get sick tomorrow. The best day to get sick is the day the election occurs.

WE know what happened. Relax. Circle the wagons. When the list came out, emotion. Then calm. When Prater quote came out, emotion. Lets make our decisions in the short calm time we will have in a week. Think, then plan.

As far as the sick situation goes, I did not hear about it, but the company did and did not warn the Grandma trying to see her kids, or the GI that wanted to come home. There was a business person wanting to end a good week by arriving at their destination. Alpa and the company planned this and used passengers to make their point. Lets warn them about the labor unrest of all the Usairways unions and warn them that their college kid, grandma, and wedding plans will be disrupted this holiday. This is not a threat but an observation from watching this mis management.

Which came first the labor unrest or the unrest of the labor.

Pilots:

Go to the official USAPA website for the special notice on the home page.

USAPA has nothing to do with this alleged sickout.

In fact, USAPA has had something on their website for weeks now saying they are not party to any illegal job action.

USAPA is not involved in any of this!

We are not the bargaining agent, and USAPA has nothing to gain, no leverage from these types of actions.

USAPA wants an election to be elected the new bargaining agent for the USAirways pilots.

Bus Driver

Sorry!

www.usairlinepilots.org

Bus driver

Pilots:

Go to the official USAPA website for the special notice on the home page.

USAPA has nothing to do with this alleged sickout.

In fact, USAPA has had something on their website for weeks now saying they are not party to any illegal job action.

USAPA is not involved in any of this!

We are not the bargaining agent, and USAPA has nothing to gain, no leverage from these types of actions.

USAPA wants an election to be elected the new bargaining agent for the USAirways pilots.

Bus Driver

In a series of votes, ALPA’s Executive Council today passed four resolutions that address issues raised in the ongoing merger of US Airways and America West.

The resolutions settled four outstanding issues:

1) The Council made a firm commitment to support a fast-track negotiating strategy to raise the pay of AAA pilots in order to achieve pay parity with AWA pilots and to achieve major raises (pay parity plus) for both pilot groups. These negotiations—which will move AAA and AWA pay rates beyond current AWA levels—will be conducted by the Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC). Specific terms for timing and retroactive payment will be negotiated by the JNC.

2) The Council found that there was no basis to set aside the seniority arbitration award issued in May by an arbitration board. The Council concluded that no evidence of impropriety or failure to follow ALPA Merger Policy had been presented. ALPA will now defend the award. The award is to be submitted to management as issued, but with the proviso that it will have no effect until the parties complete a single collective bargaining agreement.

3) The Council confirmed that the $2 million previously approved from the Major Contingency Fund to support AAA and AWA pilot groups is for strike preparedness, communications, and family awareness activities directly attributable to joint negotiations. Upon resumption by the AAA MEC of participation in joint negotiations, the MEC can submit a communications plan and MCF budget that will allow it access to the funds.

4) The Council determined that there was no basis under the ALPA–US Airways Transition Agreement to contest the operation of US Airways under a single FAA operating certificate with separate operations that keep the aircraft and pilots of AAA and AWA apart until completion of a single collective bargaining agreement.

These actions came after months of presentations, debate, legal analysis, and communications with the MECs and line pilots. The focus will now turn to the next round of joint negotiations to achieve an improved CBA for all pilots at US Airways.

Please click to read the Pay Parity Plus, Seniority Arbitration Award, Major Contingency Fund, and FAA Operating Certificate resolutions in full.

I just love the conspiracy theory being thrown around. Now they blame ALPA for their attempted sickout. Un-frikin-believable! :rolleyes:

As if USAPA supporters would actually admit to having something to do with it. Anyone who attempts a sickout is obviously going to deny it due to it's illegal nature. But I must say, the old double-reverse-pass play of blaming ALPA is brilliant! Nice try though.

Amazing how all the "chest beaters" and those who have been throwing around insults and ridiculous schoolyard challenges are suddenly silent tonight. They don't even have the integrity to admit that they were wrong all along. I guess it's time to call for that election, eh?

I just love the conspiracy theory being thrown around. Now they blame ALPA for their attempted sickout. Un-frikin-believable! :rolleyes:

As if USAPA supporters would actually admit to having something to do with it. Anyone who attempts a sickout is obviously going to deny it due to it's illegal nature. But I must say, the old double-reverse-pass play of blaming ALPA is brilliant! Nice try though.

Amazing how all the "chest beaters" and those who have been throwing around insults and ridiculous schoolyard challenges are suddenly silent tonight. They don't even have the integrity to admit that they were wrong all along. I guess it's time to call for that election, eh?

767jetz, United Airline Pilot

My article link below tells the truth. This decision is the end of ALPA, airline pilot association. If any real journalist would like to hear facts on ALPA, stay tuned. If it were not for USaviation web site, you would not be receiving the variety of opinions you have to date.

If you consider history as throwing insults, it will repeat itself against you. Real courage, you will never know. If you would like to dispute the article below, besides the excuse you were not around at the time, that would be nice.

United airline pilots condem scabing of others not their own

767jetz, United Airline Pilot

My article link below tells the truth. This decision is the end of ALPA, airline pilot association. If any real journalist would like to hear facts on ALPA, stay tuned. If it were not for USaviation web site, you would not be receiving the variety of opinions you have to date.

If you consider history as throwing insults, it will repeat itself against you. Real courage, you will never know. If you would like to dispute the article below, besides the excuse you were not around at the time, that would be nice.

United airline pilots condem scabing of others not their own
nostradamus,

You can attempt to redirect the discussion or throw jabs all day long for all I care. It won't change the outcome of the EC. If you are really so angry it will affect your work, then you have a responsibility to use your sick time.

Fly safe my friend.

nostradamus,

You can attempt to redirect the discussion or throw jabs all day long for all I care. It won't change the outcome of the EC. If you are really so angry it will affect your work, then you have a responsibility to use your sick time.

Fly safe my friend.

Not defending your integrity or safety of the flying public, typical alpa courage.

Dear UAL,

What would USAPA have to gain from this alleged action.

We are not the bargaining agent for the USAirways pilots.

We gain no leverage from such an action. We are not the bargaining agent, and we do not sit at the table for negotiations. USAPA has nothing to gain.

USAPA had nothing to do with this. Nothing.

Explain what we would gain? You can't!

I know, I know, the facts get in the way.

check the website.

www.usairlinepilots.org

It is clear now we will have an election.

ALPA is done as a bargaining agent for mainline carriers, this is the beginning of the end for them.

ALPA will be run by the regionals now, and those kids want your job, and will work for less!

Bus Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back