BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
If US Airways Management put it's people and customers first then I think anything is possible.
That is the big if, is the management. I believe their al a carte pricing is the trend of the industry but it needs to be done correctly. They are trying to nickle & dime the customer for every penny. They already alienated the FF, now they want to charge the average Joe for every service they can supply, how long before Joe bails out. No FF's no Joe's how long can they survive?

what i do not understand is that they are nickel and diming the passenger...but on the other hand you can come up and buy a last minute one way to LAS for 148.50??? Our change fee is more than that!!! Its not just the LAS market...I have tried other cities one way and the same story....whom is setting our pricing so low that no profit will ever be made???

what i do not understand is that they are nickel and diming the passenger...but on the other hand you can come up and buy a last minute one way to LAS for 148.50??? Our change fee is more than that!!! Its not just the LAS market...I have tried other cities one way and the same story....whom is setting our pricing so low that no profit will ever be made???

They are not purposely "setting the price that low", they are matching competition/ dealing with overcapacity. As stated a million times before, airlines are unable to raise fares to profitable levels due to competition and the overcapacity in the domestic (soon to be int'l!) system. Like 'em or not, that's where the fees come in.

DP has said many times he would like to raise the fares to where they need to be with no fees. He can't. Neither can DL, AA, NW, UA, etc.

How many times does this need to be stated?

what i do not understand is that they are nickel and diming the passenger...but on the other hand you can come up and buy a last minute one way to LAS for 148.50???
Today's walk up one way fare PHL-LAS on US: $392
Today's walk up one way fare PHL-LAS on WN: $392

Booking 2 weeks out
US One Way: $129
WN One Way: $109

Could the flying public be setting the fare's? If no one is willing to travel due to job lay off's, companies filing bk or closing? A few year's ago, people were taking 2nd and 3rd's on the house's to get the boat, new car and an extra trip to vegas or go see grandma. Their home value is now less than they own and people are scared.

Today's walk up one way fare PHL-...

You need to look at some NON hub markets and the prices are a lot different either due to competition or not having the hub pricing power. I've been seeing a lot of double digit fares ($69-$89) recently from Florida to the NE. Add on a $15 bag (IF you are checking one) and thats still a deal if you're able to get it.

Why fly US for a fake $69 when you can fly WN for a true $69? Actually, I've seen some WN flights for $59 out of PHL to MCO. Makes no sense to fly US.

Why fly US for a fake $69 when you can fly WN for a true $69? Actually, I've seen some WN flights for $59 out of PHL to MCO. Makes no sense to fly US.
Not to mention, WN will still give you a snack and a free drink.

On a side note though... I always say to myself... Every time I pay for a ticket I think, "they still aren't making money". I don't feel as bad when I get charged for a soda on a dirty plane when I know they aren't making money. If US was profitable, I would be one nasty person...

On a side note though... I always say to myself... Every time I pay for a ticket I think, "they still aren't making money". I don't feel as bad when I get charged for a soda on a dirty plane when I know they aren't making money. If US was profitable, I would be one nasty person...

Just let them be put of their misery and fly WN where you can travel on a clean plane, have free drinks and snacks, and friendly employees? Oh, and a FF program that is so easy to earn and use free tickets on.

Everyone goes on about how the east would be sold off, or split away. In a better economy, US-east is more profitable than US-west. In fact PHX looses money consistently in the winter. Lots of pass thru traffic, not a lot of local. SW has the lead on locally generated traffic @PHX

Everyone, please stop flying US and put us out of our misery. This will make the majority of people on this board extremely happy. However, I'm not sure what they will do with their time once US is out of business - the good news is they can turn all their anger towards UA.

Status
Not open for further replies.