Buyout Package for F/As

I think they want to make the f/a's lives so miserable they're hoping a good portion will quit. JMO.

I think I am begining to understand.

The f/a's lives are so miserable that they need to put things into their contract to spread the misery.

I will skip on that me too clause.

I did this real quick. I figured it on system wide/all depts, 1000 employees taking a buyout. $10,000 per year average, over 7 years, in salary reductions for the company when they hire entry level employees. And I used 30,000 in annual healthcare saving when the employee leaves for PBGC plan.

1000 employees, replaced by new hires @ $10,000.00 per year X 7 years = 70 million dollars
1000 employees, healthcare savings @ $30,000. 30 million per year X 7 years = 210 million dollars

Company saves 380 million dollars over 7 years

How much of that could they share as an intensive? If they do not go this route it makes clear they are not managing this company for the long term.

Didn't seem to hit us out here when it came online. That should be enough proof for you.

Was the company stagnant at the time PBS was introduced or was it expanding? Either way my sign that it's not a good thing is that the company is pushing it.

Reactions: 1 person