CACTUS call sign

Here's a shocker: it doesn't matter who bought whom and in any case it shouldn't have anything to do with pilot seniority integration.

This is what matters:

a. Preserve jobs.
b. Avoid windfalls to either group at the expense of the other.
c. Maintain or improve pre-merger pay and standard of living.
d. Maintain or improve pre-merger pilot status.
e. Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.

Does DOH fit these requirements? If our respective Merger Committees can't agree then Nicholau will take care of it. How can there be anything more to say?

Wasnt the PI merger a combination of DOH, Slotting and Fences?

Remember how you pilots screwed your own at Empire.

Yeah LAVMAN it is like the IAM scabbing at NorthWest and then say we are not scabs. Same logic Right?

Wow, another candidate for the EAS, your obsession with me is unhealthy.

And last time I checked ALPA is crossing a picket line at NWA. Just like at US in 1992, bet you were one of the pilots cleaning planes, not writing things up or were you one of the lucky ones who benefited from ALPA's secret deal not to honor the strike and have all the pilots get paid who did not fly, you know the MD-80, DC-9, F100, F28 and 737-200 pilots who got paid to sit at home when you pilots decided to cross a picket line?

And the ESE contract containg lanaguage for the ESE's scope language, maybe you should take the time and educate yourself instead of making yourself look foolish.

I don't know where this stupid rumor started. If you say Doug said we were going into C11 please show me where.

Here you go...Pittsburgh Tribune- Business

And last time I checked ALPA is crossing a picket line at NWA.

Just like the NWA mechanics did in the '98 pilots strike. Fight your own battles, sister...(And I'm not that sure the mechanics asked ALPA for a work stoppage in '92.)

Oh yes the IAM did, your pilots made a secret deal. Why do you think the AFA first honored the strike before being ordered back to work by a judge?

And tell your buddy bottom feeder as he was the one who started that attack and I just fired back.

Oh yes the IAM did, your pilots made a secret deal. Why do you think the AFA first honored the strike before being ordered back to work by a judge?

And tell your buddy bottom feeder as he was the one who started that attack and I just fired back.

I was just kidding with you. No offense meant... As far as the secret deal, maybe Boeing Boy can enlighten us. I really don't know.

As far as the secret deal, maybe Boeing Boy can enlighten us. I really don't know.
Me either. Maybe it was so secret that the word didn't get out (except to the IAM). All I remember is that the MEC didn't call on us to engage in a sympathy strike, so individual actions would have been foolish (wildcat strike, anyone?)

Jim

Explain to the board how every pilot on the F28, F100, 737-200, DC-9 and MD-80 got paid for all the missed flights when those fleets were totally grounded.

We all know what happened, ALPA made a deal with the company not to honor the strike, unlike AFA who did and were ordered back to work by a federal judge.

Well, for starters you've got your facts a little off - not all the fleet types you mentioned were grounded.

Then there's the little thing about why certain fleet types were grounded - like where the non-line maintenance on those types was performed. Seems like the company figured the CLT/GSO mechanics wouldn't be as supportive of the strike as the PIT mechanics (and they were right).

"We all know" lots of things that aren't really true.....ask SpinDoc about the oil company conspiracy. So the F/A MEC decided to honor the IAM picket line and the ALPA MEC didn't - doesn't prove that there was any "secret deal". Or was there a "secret deal" on 9-11? We got paid for the trips that didn't fly then....

Really, 700UW, this industry is filled with examples of one union on a property not supporting another - look at NW for one of the latest examples (and what's this I hear about the IAM trying to recruit the scab mechanics there?). Where were the mechanics when the TWA F/A's struck back in the 80's? Working on planes - that's where. Were they "scabs" with a "secret deal" because they didn't have as many planes flying to need working on?

In my long memory, there's only been one instance of the various unions on a property pulling together - Eastern under Lorenzo. So either every union is a "scab" union or none of them are, but you don't get to pick and choose based on what's most convenient for your argument.

Jim

The F28, F100, DC-9 and MD-80s were all parked, some of the 737-200s were also.

I know for a fact a good friend of mine was a captain on the F28, his trips were cancelled, yet he got paid and the company did not have to pay any pilot who's trip was cancelled due to the strike, yet everyone got paid.

You still did not answer, you posted other issues that are not relavent to what was asked.

And the CLT/GSO mechanic and related went on strike with everyone else. Not one A&P in CLT scabbed, there were GSE mechanics and one avionics in the hangar, and some stock clerks, no line mechanics nor utility in CLT scabbed.

Jim on a personal note, I respect your posts and it is not a personal attack against you.

Ok, just post the documents containing this "secret agreement" between the company and ALPA. That'll settle it once and for all.....

As for the rest, you may think they're irrelavent but I think they're revalent. The company didn't have to pay for trips cancelled after 911, yet they did - another "secret agreement"?

IAM "scabs" other unions - sorta disingenious to throw out the scab label when you want to but claim it's irrevalent when the shoe is on the other foot, isn't it?

Jim

The ESEs at NWA all ready were performing ancillary duties at non-mtc stations, they have the language to do it in their CBA, they are not fixing planes at NWA.

Go ask the ALPA leadership about the deal, they will admit it.

The ESEs at NWA all ready were performing ancillary duties at non-mtc stations, they have the language to do it in their CBA, they are not fixing planes at NWA.

Go ask the ALPA leadership about the deal, they will admit it.

#1. Don't let the facts get in your way. You must have a copy of the "SECRET AGREEMENT".

#2. One who performs struck work is a SCAB
IAM performed struck work
IAM is a Scab Union

Those are the facts

The ESE NWA contract states the ESEs can do ancillary duties where MTC does not perform them.

Since NWA imposed a new CBA on the mechanics, it is now ESE work.

No secret agreement, in black and white for everyone to see.

700, what is your new mantra...." off topic" get back onto the call sign that was posted....

Back