California Madness!

Too many rats in a small cage.
My Uncle has a farm in Lithopolis and I when I visited in Feb, it was shocking.
What used to be corn and cows now has been incorporated.
Houses to the left and houses to the right not a 'farm' in sight.
I guess that's 'progress' but I remember watching a movie downtown at the high school auditorium on a Saturday night.
Well, that ship has sailed.
Sad, that this era has passed.
I wonder what people would do today if they had no TV or Internet.

I'd bet that little dive bar is gone that we talked about....area was under heavy development.
We were out there ....jeez......ten or more years ago.maybe longer. Easy Rider used to do a gig around Valentines Day at the Veterans Hall.

Needless to say I meant no offense. While confessedly being too lazy myself for actually "honest work" of that sort, I came within scant inches of USN flying. Oddly enough it was my 30-years-serious-Navy father who eventually tired of "always being away" on carriers that strongly suggested otherwise...well, plus the USAF was then getting the first beautiful F15's/16's starting to roll off the showroom floor.
East, I was in a F-8E Squadron, the last of the gun fighters, VF-191, that pulled a Westpac cruise on the U.S.S. Bon Homme Richard, off North Vietnam in 1965. And, no offense taken.
f8-009.jpg

Last edited:
L.A. That's the 405, San Diego freeway. From the looks of it it could be the Sepulveda pass, looking northward from the L.A. basin, going into the San Fernando valley. I drove it daily when I was working at LAX. But at the time wasn't quit that big. It's a bottleneck, always has been, no matter how big you make it.
Well, well, well, we have a doubter here. Well let's look at that picture again. The tall round tower on the lower left would be part of the Getty Museum. The smaller winding road on the right would be Mulholland Dr. I do believe this is the 405!

Last edited:
Is that a California license plate?...... Yea! got to be!
33587031_2087171808217568_1953079460949393408_n.jpg