California Madness!

He's like Last of the Mohicans when it comes to sane, rational Californian's.
That's a matter of opinion!......... He may not be your typical California fruit cake, but sane? Now that might be up for debate!

I could not stop laughing..
thanks for your humor...:D
Any time!........ And let me remind you, I'm an "ex- Californian", but got my family out of there early on in 1992. Sad what they're doing to it, because that really was a beautiful place to live and work.

Any time!........ And let me remind you, I'm an "ex- Californian", but got my family out of there early on in 1992. Sad what they're doing to it, because that really was a beautiful place to live and work.
You know I am a transplant form Ohio. Spent 13 years in the Army, mostly in the south (Georgia, North Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee).
Never had a truck with an Easy Rider gun-rack, so I didn't fit in.
If you don't think the Jim Crow laws are not in force, you haven't seen 'The South'.
KommieFornia is certainly not perfect, but it is the best place I have seen so far.
I had a chance to work for AA as they offered me a job on my way to United, but then, I would have to live in Tulsa.
No thanks!
:cool:

You know I am a transplant form Ohio. Spent 13 years in the Army, mostly in the south (Georgia, North Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee).
If you don't think the Jim Crow laws are not in force, you haven't seen 'The South'.
KommieFornia is certainly not perfect, but it is the best place I have seen so far.
I had a chance to work for AA as they offered me a job on my way to United, but then, I would have to live in Tulsa.
No thanks!
I was going to "A" school in Memphis early on when I first went in the Navy in the early 60's. They were still flying the Stars and Bars on their water front park flag pole when I was there. So I've seem a bet of what went on. Strange, I worked for United at LAX as a bag buster right after I got out. Took me all of eight months to figure out there was no future in that. Quit. went back to school ( N.I.T.) under the G.I. bill and got my A&P licenses. Went back to United on a Friday. They hired me, but wanted to ship me off to their overhaul base in San Francisco. Well, that didn't set too well with me at the time, so I told them to forget it on Monday, and went to work for their competition the same day right there at LAX. Worked there 22 years before moving on.

Last edited:
No thanks!
I have lived in large cities such as Atlanta, Chicago, and St. Louis (go Cardinals). I can tell you the biggest douches I ever had the displeasure of meeting were in Atlanta. I can tell you the friendliest place I ever lived was Huntsville Alabama. Crack all the jokes and champion all the stereotypes you want about people in the south but I can tell you when I lived in Huntsville it seemed you could not take 10 steps without bumping into someone with a PhD. Some of them were literally rocket scientist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsville,_Alabama
Now in the 2000s, Huntsville has the second largest technology and research park in the nation, and ranks among the top 25 most educated cities in the nation. It is considered in the top of the nation's high-tech hotspots, and one of the best Southern city for defense jobs, It is the number one location for happy engineers with high average salary and low median gross rent.

I myself literally optimize the internet infrastructure, a very technical job, yet I come here and see fools, like you for instance, push stupid ass, inaccurate stereotypes about people from the South.

Maybe you did not fit in because your an arrogant asshole with a bad attitude. Did that ever cross your mind?

I have lived in large cities such as Atlanta, Chicago, and St. Louis (go Cardinals). I can tell you the biggest douches I ever had the displeasure of meeting were in Atlanta. I can tell you the friendliest place I ever lived was Huntsville Alabama. Crack all the jokes and champion all the stereotypes you want about people in the south but I can tell you when I lived in Huntsville it seemed you could not take 10 steps without bumping into someone with a PhD. Some of them were literally rocket scientist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsville,_Alabama
Now in the 2000s, Huntsville has the second largest technology and research park in the nation, and ranks among the top 25 most educated cities in the nation. It is considered in the top of the nation's high-tech hotspots, and one of the best Southern city for defense jobs, It is the number one location for happy engineers with high average salary and low median gross rent.

I myself literally optimize the internet infrastructure, a very technical job, yet I come here and see fools, like you for instance, push stupid ass, inaccurate stereotypes about people from the South.

Maybe you did not fit in because your an arrogant asshole with a bad attitude. Did that ever cross your mind?

frustration-KeyBoardHero.gif

I love you guys. Your self bloviating is noted.:D
You think you know everything, then, blow up when it is unwarranted.
I spent a year at Redstone. You do know that Huntsville is a college town, and I agree that it is a pretty nice place. But it is not typical.
I was a supervisor of the mini-ATC airways repair in the tri State of Ft. Rucker for 3 years and we serviced ATC in Alabama, Georgia and Florida in some of the most obscure and remote areas..
That gave me an opportunity to meet and greet with the locals. Not a week here or there, but for 3 years.
Some people are great most are not, (My Opinion of course).
So why don't you get your:
ass-no_head.jpg

:eek:

You think you know everything, then, blow up when it is unwarranted.
The only thing unwarranted here were your stupid comments.

Let's take a look at them shall we.

No thanks!

So people form the south are nothing but pickup driving, gun toting, racist rednecks........

Then you specifically insult Tulsa. Apparently it is SO BAD it kept you from starting a career.

You do know that Huntsville is a college town, and I agree that it is a pretty nice place. But it is not typical.
OK then. What is your definition of "typical"? Tell me oh expert of all things in the south. Describe the "typical" southern town.

Last edited:
Hey, let's not resurrect the fight between the North and South here! But as a "west coast Yankee" transplant, still have to watch that he says around here because where I live now there are still a lot of Southern sympathizers. But with every up and coming generation, that is changing, for the better I may add.

The only thing unwarranted here were your stupid comments.

Let's take a look at them shall we.

So people form the south are nothing but pickup driving, gun toting, racist rednecks........

Then you specifically insult Tulsa. Apparently it is SO BAD it kept you from starting a career.

OK then. What is your definition of "typical"? Tell me oh expert of all things in the south. Describe the "typical" southern town.
Not all. Some people are great. Most don't like Yankees and if you tell them you live in California, you have a red scarlet.
This us my opinion based on my experiences.
Just like yours.
I decided to continue my career in California instead of Oklahoma.
The AA offer had a 10 year progression while the UA offer had 5, and I didn't have to live in Tulsa.
You don't like it TFB4U..
:eek: