Calm down

Right or wrong, it's a pretty straight forward policy -- whatever your pass classification is on your retirement date is what you keep.

What is APFA going to do -- kick them out of the union?... stop sending them the monthly magazine?... The guy is retired. I don't think he cares about toothless sanctions.

The union can make a lot of noise, but in the end really can't dictate what the airline offers in an non-contractual area like travel, or prevent someone from being offered (or from accepting) a consulting position after they've separated from the company & leave the union.

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
Right or wrong, it's a pretty straight forward policy -- whatever your pass classification is on your retirement date is what you keep.What is APFA going to do -- kick them out of the union?... stop sending them the monthly magazine?... The guy is retired. I don't think he cares about toothless sanctions.The union can make a lot of noise, but in the end really can't dictate what the airline offers in an non-contractual area like travel, or prevent someone from being offered (or from accepting) a consulting position after they've separated from the company & leave the union.
Agreed E , I'm sure everyone that is bitching would take space positive travel for life in a heart beat!

Reactions: 3 people
diamondcutter said:
Agreed E , I'm sure everyone that is bitching would take space positive travel for life in a heart beat!
I absolutely would. Especially if I'm no longer with the Union and have no influence anymore anyway. How's it any conflict of interest?

eolesen said:
Right or wrong, it's a pretty straight forward policy -- whatever your pass classification is on your retirement date is what you keep.
For who ?
Not for most retirees now