Can This Man Save Us Airways

700UW said:
Click for story-registration may be required (free)

Can this man save US Airways?

TONY MECIA
Staff Writer

Bruce Lakefeld didn't seek this mission. It found him.

Seven months ago, the retired Wall Street banker was enjoying the country-club lifestyle of a Florida retiree.
[post="198666"][/post]​

"Soon, Lakefield will be known either as the man who pulled off the airline's dramatic revival, or the one who buried it."

If he doesn't get rid of Glass pronto he will definetly be known as the grave digger.

linemech.

.........I found this article amusing, Typical Charlotte Observer drivel, Mr. Lakefield is nothing more than a figurehead puppet. {The puppeteer being "Birmingham Bronner" and his trusty hired union- busting gun Gerald glASS..Here's their game plan...1] File bankrupcy . [AGAIN]....... 2] Get temporary relief [ a new twist this time around]......3] Use the contract abrogration card [AGAIN]......4] Go thru the motions of "good faith" [ ha,] bargaining...........5] Who knows for sure ???........Wonder what effect the price of oil [ if it continues to drop ] will have on the outcome of these so - called negotiations ??

First day on the job (after Siegel fired), Lakefield was flying thru CLT to DCA. He was in the Airport for several hours. He hid in the Club. A leader would have been pumping hands, meeting people, raising poor employee morale. Not Bruce! When he boarded his flight to DCA he did not even acknowledge any employee at the gate. I was dumbfounded.

THIS is NOT a leader. I don't know what or who he is. I just know what he is not. He is not capable of rallying the troops.

All these so called experts that say that because of his military upbringing he could be an assett. He will not even take a paycut. :down:

• Banned
In the 1113e hearing, Lakefield was sitting behind the lawyers while Glass sat with the lawyers and was running the show.

The article to start this topic was well written and interesting. I believe the Observer hit the nail on the head when they wrote, "Few expect Lakefield to have a long tenure at US Airways. He sees his mission as transforming the company into a successful, profitable airline, then handing it over to the next generation. Whether he succeeds should become evident in the next few months. Either the company will achieve its cost savings and survive, or fail and liquidate."

Regards,

USA320Pilot

• Banned
It will fail and liquidate.

700UW said:
It will fail and liquidate.
[post="198782"][/post]​
how astute you are sir...i see daily the engine swaps to get original engines back to the planes they came with both here in CLT and PIT..the liquidation has begun....
so who owns the 757's and 737's that are being prepped to go back to lessor??

delldude said:
how astute you are sir...i see daily the engine swaps to get original engines back to the planes they came with both here in CLT and PIT..the liquidation has begun....
so who owns the 757's and 737's that are being prepped to go back to lessor??
[post="198784"][/post]​

i know according to my latest airliners issue air asia has a total of 7 ex usair 737-300 the tail nbrs are as follows: 341 342 336-339 and 349 so if this is the start of a liquidation, then they are off to a start but if not then is this the plane of lake field to go all airbus and embs?

• Banned
Those are not the ones we are talking about, the ones we are talking about are in the fleet right now.

And 320Driver, I do not hope it fails.

Latest posts

Back