Carry ons

I am curious though, how does one go from ordering fuel to working the ramp?

Not sure how it works at Robbed's carrier, but you do know that Operations (or "ops") at NW is either performed by CSA's or ESE's, right?

Therefore, it's quite possible to work operations one day, and the ramp or gate on another.

All right, that’s fair enough. I still have yet to learn all the intricacies of this business. When I need something done I just call Control, tell them what I want and then hound them every five minutes until it gets done.

Why thank you Robbed. Now was that so difficult? I am curious though, how does one go from ordering fuel to working the ramp?

I have been in the aviation industry about as long as you have been in the country.
in my 28 yrs of living in the USA, I have never been overseas. How f--n hard is it for a POS scab like you to understand that alone????? I have been in the airline business since 1998. Done OPS since 1999. at my carrier there Kev, I do OPS 5 days a week and the ops is part of the ramp per the way it was when we were USAIR and we just carried it over to Piedmont. the CSAs are USAIR however, just the ramp was outsourced. PTO you defintely dont know anything about the aviation world. Do everyone of us a huge favor and go back to your home planet of pluto.. after all you spend more than half of your working shift on the computer verus FIXING airplanes.
I pity the unionized agents who have to work around the stinkin a** smelling POS SCabs including you

All right, that’s fair enough. I still have yet to learn all the intricacies of this business. When I need something done I just call Control, tell them what I want and then hound them every five minutes until it gets done.

PTO,
You obviously haven't a clue what it's like to work in ops. I worked at a MX Controller at ORD, so I speak from experience. You've got phones ringing off the hook, with a radio in your ear. You've got everyone "hounding" you from all directions at once. You become a master plate spinner keeping it all going. Calling them up every 5 minutes is going to put you at the bottom of the list.

...Which is why it's still my favorite job at NW....

Plate spinning?? or sending "superscabs" to the bottom of the list??? because they call every 5 min's crying cause even though they've found their ass...AND the hole in the ground...... they "STILL" can't tell the diff......

even though they've found their ass...AND the hole in the ground...... they "STILL" can't tell the diff......
well I will have to disagree with ya here Graflex, at least the part about finding the two. you see in order to find the second you must pull your head out of the first ;)

BTW welcome aboard and be prepared for a Tall Tales when our famous..(legend in his own mind).. Super Scab makes his return trip from non-revving. hopefully the weather strands him and he gets to take his favorite form of transpotation..The BUS!

well I will have to disagree with ya here Graflex, at least the part about finding the two. you see in order to find the second you must pull your head out of the first ;)

BTW welcome aboard and be prepared for a Tall Tales when our famous..(legend in his own mind).. Super Scab makes his return trip from non-revving. hopefully the weather strands him and he gets to take his favorite form of transpotation..The BUS!

Hey Local......
When you read the other threads... you'll find I'm already up to speed on the antics of "superscab".... As I've gotten tired of signing as "peaches husband"....lmao

You're right though..... as before PTO can find his head???? he has to pull it out of that ARSE he's been so busy kissing..... you know the one???? belongs to SCABair management???

As to riding that buss he loves so much??? remember...it's a "short bus"......<chuckle>

Plate spinning?? or sending "superscabs" to the bottom of the list??? because they call every 5 min's crying cause even though they've found their ass...AND the hole in the ground...... they "STILL" can't tell the diff......

The "plate spinning."

I like working ops because there's always a lot going on. There's no scabs at my current station (never had MTX here), but "sending them to the bottom of the list" would have been most enjoyable. :lol:

Today I paid close attention to passengers on my return flight from home, I was not at all impressed with the flying public. Why does airlines even bother with carryon baggage? Nothing larger than a briefcase should be carried onto an aircraft. I was amazed at the shear number of people that bring full sized bags on to the aircraft and try to shove them into the bins. I saw a few with two. These are grown people that stand there holding everything up putting their bag in one way, with it still hanging out, then slamming the door down trying to make it latch. I'm just sitting there cringing waiting for the inserts on the hinges to pull out or the door just break all together. Then they take it out flip it over and start slamming again. Then they ram everything to one side and stick it in sideways. Here comes the next guy with one that won't even go into the bin but here he is pushing, twisting and prying trying to make it fit. You can see the upper edge of the bin bowing up about to crack in half. Then the dude gets upset because he has to check it. Lets not forget about the guy that goes around asking other passengers if he can put some of his crap under the seat in front of them so he won't have to check anything. To me that is just beyond rude. Then there is the lady carrying something in what looked like poster board about five foot long and three to four foot wide trying to slide this thing between the seats and the wall with people in them. Needless to say it was awkward as hell.

You can load and unload an aircraft in three times the time if you did away with the overhead bins. I find these bins to be nothing more than time consuming and an overloaded safety hazard.

Maybe the FAA should regulate the size of carryons and make it an industry standard. Like I said the size should be no larger than a briefcase.
On your return flight home you say? I thought the replacement workers are holed up in a motel? Unskilled AMT's are like overhead bins also----time consuming and an overloaded safety hazard. Not to mention a financial one. Heard a real nice story the other day on another website. Heard a replacement worker got fired from NWA, then scrounged his way up north form DTW, and after a short, impressive week there, got fired. This seem a little unimportant to the majority of mechanics that post here. However, here's the good part. The facility is full of former AMFA Northwest Airlines mechs! As someone would so eloquently put it---POETIC JUSTICE. Now this wonderful dirtbag of a human can go do what he caused the AMFA mechs to do---scour the earth looking for employment.
Justice is sooooo sweet!

i'm appaulled that a "highly skilled" NWA SCAB would actually fly. I thought for sure the plane would be able to leave the gate unless some sort of tape was wrapped around a broken part of the plane or the problem was meled!

i'm appaulled that a "highly skilled" NWA SCAB would actually fly. I thought for sure the plane would be able to leave the gate unless some sort of tape was wrapped around a broken part of the plane or the problem was meled!
Let's put it this way, he's definitely not a member of MENSA. Also, if Northwest Airlines has hired him as a "mechanic", he's obvioulsy not that highly skilled at anything. They can't afford to pay for that anymore.

control copy.
---go for control.
we are going to be running engines one and two at a-99. we will require an airstart, beltloaders be moved and cargo doors closed. also need a forty minute advise.
---forty minute advise, will contact ramp control copies.
>>>>>>>twenty minutes later...
control copy.
---go for control.
a-99 still waiting on airstart, beltloaders and cargo doors to be closed.
---control copies i'll contact a ramp supervisor.
>>>>>>>twenty minutes later.
control copy.
---go for control.
a-99 requesting another forty minute advise to begin once ramp has taken care of their equipment and a wake up call.
---ramp never showed?
no sir.
---standby a-99
copy.
>>>>>>10 minutes later...
---A-99 copy.
a-99.
---Plane change for a-99. aircraft xxxx is going to the hanger.
copy plane change for a-99.
>>>>>>a good bit better than a hour later...
hang mx: control copy
---go control.
hang mx: a-99 is preparing to taxi for the hanger, can we get the belt loaders moved and an airstart?.
:lol:

Here is another good one for you.

PTO waiting for his aircraft to arrive at A-99. 20 minutes pass by.

control copy a-99
---go for control
has there been a gate change for ship xxxx?
---no, ship xxxx is og for a-99.

Five minutes later ship xxxx still has not arrived at a-99. Super Scab PTO leaps aboard his tugmobile and heads out in search of his missing aircraft weaving his way through the ramp evildoers. Far away PTO sees what could be his aircraft and heads that way. At a-1 he finds ship xxxx stuck behind ship 0000.

control copy a-99.
---go for control
can we get a marshalling crew for a-1. ship 0000 is blocking the taxi-way keeping ship xxxx from getting by.
---control copies a-1 needs parking.
>>>>>>>10 minutes later...
---a-99 copy control.
go for a-99.
---did xxxx get by a-1?
No, ship 0000 has yet to be marshaled in. Ship 0000 and xxxx has done a fine job blow-drying the tarmac out here though.
---copy that. (anger is lurking in voice).
>>>>>>>five minutes later.
Control copy A-99
---go for control.
still no ramp personnel for a-1. ground time for a-99 is down to 20 minutes.
---control copies.
>>>>>about five minutes later... Here comes this ramper slouching along dragging his feet moving slower than slow motion. He slithers over to the box mounted on the side of the jet way and slowly opens it and slowly reaches in to pull out the wands. Then he slowly walks over to his position and just stands there looking out at ship 0000. A few minutes later here comes the wing walkers.

Ship 0000 finally gets parked and ship xxxx is on its way. Super Scab PTO returns to A-99 to greet ship xxxx and to perform maintenance with the limited time left on the clock.

Control a-99 maitenance ready.
---a-99 maintenance ready, thank you.

control copy.
---go for control.
we are going to be running engines one and two at a-99. we will require an airstart, beltloaders be moved and cargo doors closed. also need a forty minute advise.
---forty minute advise, will contact ramp control copies.
>>>>>>>twenty minutes later...
control copy.
---go for control.
a-99 still waiting on airstart, beltloaders and cargo doors to be closed.
---control copies i'll contact a ramp supervisor.
>>>>>>>twenty minutes later.
control copy.
---go for control.
a-99 requesting another forty minute advise to begin once ramp has taken care of their equipment and a wake up call.
---ramp never showed?
no sir.
---standby a-99
copy.
>>>>>>10 minutes later...

Sounds like .... just another day in "paradise"...

**Moderator Note: Please refrain from quoting a lengthy post. It just makes it easier for everyone to read follow-on posts. Thank you.**

Let's put it this way, he's definitely not a member of MENSA. Also, if Northwest Airlines has hired him as a "mechanic", he's obvioulsy not that highly skilled at anything. They can't afford to pay for that anymore.
thats funny! :D :p :up:
i guess that the NWA MGMT ran out of dough while paying them low down dirty filthy rotten smellin a** scabs for the hotels and scab meals

Latest posts

Back