Carry ons

control copy.
---go for control.
we are going to be running engines one and two at a-99. we will require an airstart, beltloaders be moved and cargo doors closed. also need a forty minute advise.
---forty minute advise, will contact ramp control copies.
>>>>>>>twenty minutes later...
control copy.
---go for control.
a-99 still waiting on airstart, beltloaders and cargo doors to be closed.
---control copies i'll contact a ramp supervisor.
>>>>>>>twenty minutes later.
control copy.
---go for control.
a-99 requesting another forty minute advise to begin once ramp has taken care of their equipment and a wake up call.
---ramp never showed?
no sir.
---standby a-99
copy.
>>>>>>10 minutes later...

Okay PTO, so in example #1 you had a bird go out of service for an Inop APU. And, just as I said, you were at the bottom of the list. Hangar shots are not a priority anyway.

In example #2, your bird was stuck behind another holding for the gate. So you were left with 10 minutes ('til departure), plenty of time to "Put Tape On" and sign the logbook.

**Moderator Note: Please refrain from quoting a lengthy post. It just makes it easier for everyone to read follow-on posts. Thank you.**

Okay PTO, so in example #1 you had a bird go out of service for an Inop APU. And, just as I said, you were at the bottom of the list. Hangar shots are not a priority anyway.
Excuse me Peaches but that was a live bird, not a hangar shot. It didn't become a hangar shot until I requested an additional 40 minute advise. I see you have a tendecy to twist things so that your simple solution answers work.

In example #2, your bird was stuck behind another holding for the gate. So you were left with 10 minutes ('til departure), plenty of time to "Put Tape On" and sign the logbook.
We were fortunate that it was a clean bird. the plane still took a delay just for de-boarding and boarding.

Excuse me Peaches but that was a live bird, not a hangar shot. It didn't become a hangar shot until I requested an additional 40 minute advise. I see you have a tendecy to twist things so that your simple solution answers work.
We were fortunate that it was a clean bird. the plane still took a delay just for de-boarding and boarding.
It all sounds to me like either poor local management or insufficient staffing. Take your pick scab!

It is neither of the above RTB. It is the ignorance of the IAM members.
If guys aren't doing their jobs(marshalling a/c) then why aren't they being disciplined? Certainly management is just looking for reasons to get rid of some senior ese's and replace them with newhires.

You know why it became a hangar shot?? Because 98% of the pilots out there won't accept an inop APU, especiallyif it's 2-engines. I'm willing to bet it was a crew change, and they were looking at dispatch considerations, being that makes it altitude restricted. Hence the time frame. So who's got the simple explainations now? But, since you are the employee and hear and see all, I'm guess I'm wrong again.

it is very understandable to see why the pilots wont accept the plane with an inop apu durint the winter. but yet the scabs dont know how to fix the apus!!!! although airstarts will do the trick to get the engines started, I highly doubt the scabs know that much

It all sounds to me like either poor local management or insufficient staffing. Take your pick scab!

Plenty of both, but there is definitely a staffing shortage at DTW, and has been for awhile. This is not a revelation.

I see you have a tendecy to twist things so that your simple solution answers work.

So here we have you accusing Peaches of twisting things to fit her own agenda....

It is neither of the above RTB. It is the ignorance of the IAM members.

...And a few short posts later finds you guilty of doing the exact same thing. Imagine that.

it is very understandable to see why the pilots wont accept the plane with an inop apu durint the winter. but yet the scabs dont know how to fix the apus!!!! although airstarts will do the trick to get the engines started, I highly doubt the scabs know that much

Robbed,
Getting the engines started isn't the concern of the pilots. It's losing an engine in flight and having no APU as backup that they worry about. Not such a big issue with 3 or 4 engines but a definate concern with 2.

So who's got the simple explainations now? But, since you are the employee and hear and see all, I'm guess I'm wrong again.
Yes Peaches once again you are wrong. Had ramp done their job that aircraft would have pushedback with a minor delay. Requesting another 40 min. advise set the motion for a plane change and sending that aircraft to the hangar. It had nothing to do with the crew refusing the aircraft. The simple answer here is that ramp failed to do their job and pushed the aircraft into a delay situation that control wasn't willing to accept.

Yes Peaches once again you are wrong. Had ramp done their job that aircraft would have pushedback with a minor delay. Requesting another 40 min. advise set the motion for a plane change and sending that aircraft to the hangar. It had nothing to do with the crew refusing the aircraft. The simple answer here is that ramp failed to do their job and pushed the aircraft into a delay situation that control wasn't willing to accept.
OK PTO,
I'll ask the question again:If guys aren't doing their jobs(marshalling a/c) then why aren't they being disciplined? Certainly management is just looking for reasons to get rid of some senior ese's and replace them with newhires.

It certainly seems like poor local management to me!

Hey SCAB,

Go home SCAB! Quit stealing UNIONIZED labor, SCAB! SCAB you stink and so does your pie hole!

View attachment 4398