Death Panels

southwind'

But it's ok to condemn a person to death as long as it comes from a governmental institution .-----
__--------------------

No. But dont make it a crime to discuss it.

Make it a crime for an insurance company to decide it without discussion.

But it's ok to condemn a person to death as long as it comes from a government institution ?

Do you have one single instance where a government that allows euthanasia has condemed a person against their will to death? One example. I have not even bothered to look because I am betting that you cannot even come up with one.

If you look (I know it's a stretch) but I know you will find tons of examples where an insurance company has denied treatment to a person who has paid for insurance.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you have one single instance where a government that allows euthanasia has condemed a person against their will to death? One example. I have not even bothered to look because I am betting that you cannot even come up with one.

If you look (I know it's a stretch) but I know you will find tons of examples where an insurance company has denied treatment to a person who has paid for insurance.

DUH......

Warning to Britain as almost half of Belgium's euthanasia nurses admit to killing without consent

A high proportion of deaths classed as euthanasia in Belgium involved patients who did not ask for their lives to be ended, a study found.
More than 100 nurses admitted to researchers that they had taken part in 'terminations without request or consent'.
Although euthanasia is legal in Belgium, it is governed by strict rules which state it should be carried out only by a doctor and with the patient's permission.
The disturbing revelation - which shows that nurses regularly go well beyond their legal role - raises fears that were assisted suicides allowed in Britain, they could never be properly regulated.
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]​
[/background]​

southwind'

But it's ok to condemn a person to death as long as it comes from a governmental institution .-----
__--------------------

No. But dont make it a crime to discuss it.

Make it a crime for an insurance company to decide it without discussion.
I'm sure once ObamaCare is fully enforced, there will be plenty of discussion.........It just won't be between you and your doctor !
Please provide an example of this assault on morality.
Err.............taking God out of the school system !

The party of small government, the party of personal responsibility is the party who wants to tell me that I cannot die on my own terms.

GOP the party of hypocrisy strikes again.

Technically you can die whenever you want, Get a gun, poison, jump off a mountain, etc. Why should it be done by a doctor, it's not like it's an abortion or anything :rolleyes:

So go ahead and die, why should my taxes or insurance pay for your euthenasia? I say go to a veteranarian and let him do it.

I don't know if Dell has ever faced it. My dad had cancer. Went thru Chemo (Medicare paid for it) when he was 74. It went into remission in Thanksgiving 2000. It was back in February 2001. He signed his own death warrant by deciding not to go thru Chemo again...even though Medicare was willing to pay. I think they call that "end of life counseling".

My ex mother (86) fell down stairs, breaking her neck, arm and leg. Again Medicare (read the government) was willing to pay for her rehab..even though SHE knew the life she knew was over. She did a little end of life counseling with a priest - and decided to forgo food.

The right has played up "death panels" because of a mention of 'end of life counseling". I guess they are all for quantity over quality. Funny....two people close to me opted for quality. AND....they saved the taxpayer money.

My mother lived in Italy and refused to institutionalize my father that had advance Alzheimers. Her reasoning was that she married him and her vows meant what they said in sickness and health. In most eyes she may have been a fool, but she married him and loved him until the end.

The right does not give a rats ass about people. They are against abortion but won't do a dam thing to prevent unwanted pregnancy. They want to extend life at all cost regardless of what the person wants. We treat our pets better than the republicans allow us to treat our family members. They would like to make people believe that people in Oregon or other nations that allow euthanasia are being offed left and right against their will. Never mind that there is not support for their lies.

I'm really tired of the republican version of small government. I'd like them out of my life.

Since when did Oregon become a nation???

Again poison works just as well as what the doctor gives you. Why increase my medical payments to pay for some family's desire to do an old useless family member in? Read my above response before you add your dribble.

Technically you can die whenever you want, Get a gun, poison, jump off a mountain, etc. Why should it be done by a doctor, it's not like it's an abortion or anything :rolleyes:

So go ahead and die, why should my taxes or insurance pay for your euthenasia? I say go to a veteranarian and let him do it.
What are the life insurance stipulations on suicide and euthanasia?
Might be a huge difference for the beneficiaries.

Reactions: 2 people

Lets think about this one. If the government is paying for your healthcare, wouldn't it save such government big bucks if you cease to exist?