Delta adding LAX-DEN extra LAX-BOS

topDawg

Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
LAX-DEN will be 5 daily CR9s and the extra LAX-BOS flight will be a 738. Looks like the Boston flight is summer seasonal. 

So with this it is very clear Delta is pulling out of LAX.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

And you tell others not to act like WT, and you do the very same behavior that you chastise others about.

700UW said:
And you tell ofhers no to act like WT, and you do the very same behavior that you chastise others about.
You out of all people, have little room to chastise others about their "behavior".

700UW said:
And you tell ofhers no to act like WT, and you do the very same behavior that you chastise others about.
Yes, when people post very stupid things over the last few days I am going to throw a very smart a** comments around. 

But thanks for trying to keep me in line mom, don't you have some pro-IAM posting to do?

If jetBlue follows through on the rumoured Mint service from BOS to LAX and SFO, the real question is whether AA, DL and UA are able to retain their high-value customers on the BOS transcons when B6 is offering the lie-flat seats? More than a decade ago, AA flew 3-class transcon 767s from BOS to LAX and SFO.

With as crowded as it already is, DENLAX seems like a lot to add to a constrained facilty for (maybe) not a whole lot in return?

Also, I haven't looked, but I assume this will use 2 A/C? Too short of turn times to realistically just have one going back & forth...

OTOH, LAXBOS seems like it will have a lot of upside...

FWAAA said:
If jetBlue follows through on the rumoured Mint service from BOS to LAX and SFO, the real question is whether AA, DL and UA are able to retain their high-value customers on the BOS transcons when B6 is offering the lie-flat seats? More than a decade ago, AA flew 3-class transcon 767s from BOS to LAX and SFO.
We still have 5 daily nonstops BOS-LAX--two breakfast, one lunch, and two dinner flights.  However, there is one AB321 and the rest are B738. One can do a nice service on either in F/C, but it ain't the same as the 767s, and never will be unless they decide to step up the game and put some A321Ts on the route.

jimntx said:
We still have 5 daily nonstops BOS-LAX--two breakfast, one lunch, and two dinner flights.  However, there is one AB321 and the rest are B738. One can do a nice service on either in F/C, but it ain't the same as the 767s, and never will be unless they decide to step up the game and put some A321Ts on the route.
I doubt that more A321Ts are in the cards, but perhaps 75Ls could be used. I'd be ok with the recliners that DL installed on the ex-TWA P&W 757s that DL acquired after AA returned them to the lessors. IIRC, they were outfitted with leather recliners that featured deep recline and foot/legrests. Nothing like the park benches installed on the 738s or A321S. I've never been the high-maintenance "gotta have a completely parallel to the floor flat bed" type, as long as I can get a lazy-boy equivalent.

Wouldn't surprise me to see DL fly its flat bed 757s on BOS-LAX if B6 puts the Mint seats on that route. DL was going to fly flat beds JFK-SEA but I believe it has backed off that commitment, as SFO and LAX are the bigger-money markets.

FWAAA said:
 The issue, at least on Delta's end, is lack of aircraft. I'm not sure Delta has spare 75S capacity to add LAX-BOS.

I have heard two things about the birds from China, 1) that they will become 75Ss which would give DL some spare capacity there or 2) they will become 75Hs and do Hawaii and inter-port flying and help replace the 75V fleet.

Kev3188 said:
With as crowded as it already is, DENLAX seems like a lot to add to a constrained facilty for (maybe) not a whole lot in return?
its one of LAs top 10 markets. ORD is the only top 10 market Delta now doesn't have flights in. Getting corp contracts DEN is very important. I expect ORD will be along once more 319s get the new product. Then after that Houston and DC are the next biggest missing links.

Kev3188 said:
Also, I haven't looked, but I assume this will use 2 A/C? Too short of turn times to realistically just have one going back & forth...
hard to tell because I imagine they will rotate with other CR9s in DEN and LAX.

Kev3188 said:
OTOH, LAXBOS seems like it will have a lot of upside...
 eh I figure no one is making money on that route. Long flight and a ton of capacity.

robbedagain said:
When does it start
June.

robbedagain said:
thx dawg  Is MESA or Skywest doing the DEN runs from LAX??
OO. 

Mesa doesn't fly for DCI. 

Most of Delta's western flying is Skywest or Compass. 

Latest posts

Back