Delta adding LAX-DEN extra LAX-BOS

topDawg said:
Boy for someone who likes to talk so much crap about education and universities you prove to me more and more you went to a crap school. Your reading and comprehension skills are pretty piss poor.

First the bets were AA would be at 300+ flights a day and AA would completely take over Terminal 5. None of which have happened.
Second you need to learn how a bet works. MAH (and you) as normal, pick up an employee rumor drive by post it over here then run away. MAH never agreed to either bet. I never said DL wasn't moving to T2/3.I said (at the time) isn't wasn't a done deal and technically it still isn't a done deal. 
Finally, again, reading and comprehension skills. I said 5 bucks per bet to charity. Do you know what a charity is? or are you saying MAH is a charity? 

If you read all of this try not to hurt your head figuring out what it all means. 

Oh and its dawg, not dog. 

Very WorldTraveller of you.

AA is taking over T5.
DL is taking over T2/T3.

AA will be going to a 300+ operation thanks to a very efficient, streamlined terminal operation that will give it about 34 gates.

You were wrong. 

Reactions: 1 person
MAH4546 said:

Very WorldTraveller of you.

AA is taking over T5.
DL is taking over T2/T3.

AA will be going to a 300+ operation thanks to a very efficient, streamlined terminal operation that will give it about 34 gates.

You were wrong. 
Prove it......... 

MAH4546 said:
 AA will prove it with a major announcement coming very shortly. 
ah so you call me WT then..........run away from the comment. cool. 

You are confidant you should have taken my bet. Having said that, if AA takes over T5, completely, 100%, I am still going to give money to a charity of (my) choice. The math doesn't work but it isn't worth it to me. Let people like you, LDV, WT, etc. have these stupid pissing contest. 

I just want Delta profitable and TechOps expanding, profitable and doing more work in-house. I couldn't careless if AA takes over every. single. gate. at LAX.

have fun. 

having said that, Rob, It doesn't take effect for a while. I imagine it will take a while before DL moves to the north side of the field. Things in LA move about as fast as rush hour traffic and I simply can't see DL moving till T3 is completely rebuilt (could be wrong). That means a full TBIT build out first, which I don't think is going to happen till 2020-2025.
So my bet is 2027.

having said that, I don't see why any Oneworld carriers would move over from TBIT. TBIT-T8 will have a behind TSA link and its not like T5 is going to mean a ton of widebody gates for AA. It is mostly 757 or lower. I don't think a 330/777/787/350 will fit on anything but the end gates.

For DL, same thing, I don't really understand why T3 wouldn't be rebuilt without some kind of after TSA link to T2 and TBIT. I think Virgin (Atlantic/Australia) and Aeromexico stay in T2. I can't really see why airlines like MU/CZ/AF/KL (AZ?)/KE would move over to T2.   

The plan is for things to move very briskly. DL is anxious to get to T2/T3 very quickly. We are talking 18-36 months, not 2027.

AA will be announcing a major LAX expansion next Thursday. It remains to be seen if the T5 takeover will be made public. AA and LAWA met today to work on sealing up that deal. DL had to close its LOI for its move before AA could get to work on the T5 move deal. I've also heard that AS could be involved in the new T5 but not sure how real that is.

Regardless, the Thursday expansion is not qualified on T5 gates. AA is building two new gates at T4 which will be ready this summer. AA is getting gates in TBIT which it has exclusive use between 5AM and 11AM and will share outside those times. AA is also getting another T6 gate. Those eight new gates will facilitate expansion in the interim.

Nobody said OW will leave TBIT. Heck, even with AA moving to T5, AA will still use TBIT! It doesn't need wide body capacity at T5. It has TBIT for that.

Not sure why you are getting so angry. I called what was going to happen, as did others with far better knowledge of the details than I, and it's happening exactly as I said.

To be fair, Mark's information usually pans out to be spot on. While some forum participant's "inside sources" usually were just DL's internal website for retirees, FT or Airliners.net, Mark's seems to come from far deeper within AA.

The notification to the trade press about an announcement @ LAX on the 20th were sent out at the beginning of this week, and will have executive participation, so it's not just a new route. At least I'd hope they don't follow that model like some other carriers do.

MAH4546 said:
The plan is for things to move very briskly. DL is anxious to get to T2/T3 very quickly. We are talking 18-36 months, not 2027.
If they plan on completely rebuilding T3 I don't see how that is possible (and the message from the company makes it seem as if T3 will be completely tore down and rebuilt, not a big re-fresh like DL did to T5 post WA merger) I would think TBIT would have to be built out so that either DL could use it temp. or the current T3 airlines could.

2027 was a little sarcastic but I can't see the bringing down of T3 going fast in LA. I'm sure its an environmental waste land.   

If they don't rebuild T3 then It could happen quickly, but that seems really stupid and short sited by DL and LAWA. IMO they have a good chance to do some logical things at LA. Good chance all the parties will mess that up, but I am hoping they don't. 

MAH4546 said:
AA will be announcing a major LAX expansion next Thursday. It remains to be seen if the T5 takeover will be made public. AA and LAWA met today to work on sealing up that deal. DL had to close its LOI for its move before AA could get to work on the T5 move deal. I've also heard that AS could be involved in the new T5 but not sure how real that is.
Moving AS from T6 to T5 with AA would be the most logical choice. That would allow the T3 carriers along with SY and HA (possibly AC also) to move into T6. 

MAH4546 said:
Regardless, the Thursday expansion is not qualified on T5 gates. AA is building two new gates at T4 which will be ready this summer. AA is getting gates in TBIT which it has exclusive use between 5AM and 11AM and will share outside those times. AA is also getting another T6 gate. Those eight new gates will facilitate expansion in the interim.
good for them

MAH4546 said:
Nobody said OW will leave TBIT. Heck, even with AA moving to T5, AA will still use TBIT! It doesn't need wide body capacity at T5. It has TBIT for that.
rob asked if they would, 
and I agree. If I were AA/LAWA I would take the widebody gates out of T5 and add back the gates DL has taken away over the years. However it would be smart for AA to use the smaller FIS in T5 (and AS) for its narrowbody flying that will need customs. No need to sit on a valuable wide body gate at TBIT for those flights when DL/LAWA sunk all that money into the T5 FIS.  

MAH4546 said:
Not sure why you are getting so angry. I called what was going to happen, as did others with far better knowledge of the details than I, and it's happening exactly as I said.
 Who is angry? I don't get angry over stuff like this. I could literally care less what Delta, American, United, Southwest, etc. etc. do in LA. If DL announced it was completely leaving LAX and moving its operations to ONT.....cool. I don't care.
I care about the company doing what generates the best returns for the airline and they put that money back into my pocket. I also have a few friends who work at LAX and would like to see them taken care of. Thats about it.
Only growth I am really worried about is finally getting TechOps a true hangar and stop using the to small WA high bay and the TWA hangar.
but I'm not angry. Its just not worth me talking about because I simply don't care and clearly people like you do.

Having said that, Nothing has happened "exactly" as you said. You said AA will completely use/takeover T5. I call horse crap because the math doesn't work. DL moving to T3 just to share it with NK/VX/B6/F9/G4 makes zero sense. DL isn't going to fit 170 flights into T2/3 without someone, most airlines, moving. DL needs ~16-18 gates to run 170-180 flights per day. Without them getting complete control of T3, the most logical assumption, that doesn't happen. As I have said before, DL isn't moving to get smaller. Nor do I expect growth. 

tl;dr don't see AA getting all of T5, just most of it. Either sharing with AS or some T3 airlines. 
robbedagain said:
Thanks dawg
 anytime. 

eolesen said:
To be fair, Mark's information usually pans out to be spot on. While some forum participant's "inside sources" usually were just DL's internal website for retirees, FT or Airliners.net, Mark's seems to come from far deeper within AA.

The notification to the trade press about an announcement @ LAX on the 20th were sent out at the beginning of this week, and will have executive participation, so it's not just a new route. At least I'd hope they don't follow that model like some other carriers do.
Which one is Mark? LDV or MAH? 
and I am not really arguing any of that. 

but so far he has been right on one thing, DL moving to the north side. Cool. That was posted openly on Delta's intranet a year ago. DL also said it in its JV application. The other option was some how moving AS out of T6, which I said 100 times on here was a pipe dream. This move was obvious. 

and hopefully that announcement will give the real details on DL's move to the north side and the south side relocation project. 

What is floating around is AA will have 34 gates at LAX after all is said and done.

T4, T5, Gates in T6 and TBIT.

Thats in exchange for giving up the Eagle Nest, and getting a new hangar to replace the old ones.

700UW said:
What is floating around is AA will have 34 gates at LAX after all is said and done.

T4, T5, Gates in T6 and TBIT.

Thats in exchange for giving up the Eagle Nest, and getting a new hangar to replace the old ones.
Correct. About 34 gates within the next 36-48 months is the hope, it will allow AA to get into the ~300 daily range at LAX. Thanks to the fact that LAX departure are very spread out throughout the day, high gate utilization is easier at LAX than other airports. A great example is red eye flights. While many airports in other time zones shut down at 7 or 8, LAX sees multiple banks of red eyes. LAX more so than other just due to market size. DL does about 10 turns per gate today at LAX, and AA will be able to achieve same.

LAXHKG, LAXSEA, LAXPDX announcing in a few hours.

Reactions: 3 people
Wasn't made yet. Could be pending approvals. Or, maybe they decided not to compete with their alliance partner CX.