NW/DL non-mainline airport customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLT CS AGENT

Advanced
Feb 28, 2007
In an airport where you have Mesaba (wholly owned by NW) handling customer service and ground opps for NW and you have Delta Connection, NON-wholly owned ASA handling things for DL, whats going to happen? Who will be handling the airport opperation/customer service for the new DL? Since Mesaba will be wholly owned by the new DL, it would seem that the non-wholly owned contract airline would be gone. Anyone know anything? Any thoughts?

In an airport where you have Mesaba (wholly owned by NW) handling customer service and ground opps for NW and you have Delta Connection, NON-wholly owned ASA handling things for DL, whats going to happen? Who will be handling the airport opperation/customer service for the new DL? Since Mesaba will be wholly owned by the new DL, it would seem that the non-wholly owned contract airline would be gone. Anyone know anything? Any thoughts?
What about Pinnacle? Are they wholly-owned or not?

What about Pinnacle? Are they wholly-owned or not?
The Pinnacle was once owned by NW. With Mesaba and Compass working for the new airline I don't think Pinnacle or Comair will be needed any more. Newer planes plus wholly-owned= more money. The ground handling at "farm out" stations will be done by the lowest cost operator for the new airline. Maybe Mesaba, maybe you. How low can you go? They will only pay you 7 bucks an hour but at least you can say you work for an airline, right?

Well, the ideal scenario would be that DL's workers organize, and that we all fall under NW's current CBA (yes, it's sh*tty, but hear me out). There are enough mainline flights between both carriers (19 daily) to qualify to "reopen" under NW's current terms. This would mean opportunity for mainline employees from both sides if it were to come to fruition.

A more probable scenario is that whomever is cheaper (ASA vs. XJ) will win out.

This will play out in a lot of places, not just CLT. It gets even more interesting in cities where one of the two carriers has it's own people, and the other doesn't. What then?

I think you'll see Compass or Mesaba come in and takeover some of ASA's work in ATL. Compass and Mesaba will fall under the new DL umbrella and ASA is just contracted out via Skywest. Comair, Mesaba and Compass will all three belong to DL so they probably will not shed them...watch out ASA with your dismal record you are expendable!

I think you'll see Compass or Mesaba come in and takeover some of ASA's work in ATL. Compass and Mesaba will fall under the new DL umbrella and ASA is just contracted out via Skywest. Comair, Mesaba and Compass will all three belong to DL so they probably will not shed them...watch out ASA with your dismal record you are expendable!
At my airport, we have Skywest, Comair and Pinnacle among others, but these are primarily for DL and NW. Where are the thoughts about Pinnacle? As a non-wholly owned, can they merge with a wholly-owned carrier? (ie: Mesaba) or go by the wayside?

Good question, it seems this will affect many of airports across the nation. I wouldnt worry too much unless your a supervisor or manager. The "new airline" will still need agents to load bags and passengers and as long as they do not cut too many flights you can probably just apply to work for the carrier that gets the contract (Mesaba or Comair). During the news conference they pretty much danced around that question. They will probably do away with some of the management positions. Don't know how they will merge the workers together, probably by DOH.
Good luck to everyone.

I know that thread is about Airlink/Connection stations, but what will the impact be on the outsourcedNW stations that are have DL staff? My guess is that the vendor contract would be ended, but who knows?

(the question of staffing in outsourced NW stations was discussed some time ago here:
http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...stations+staffs
but I didn't what to reopen that thread since it has about a year. Even though the subject is still current)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts