Delta customers frustrated by outage

amazing some cheerleader is now saying it's no big deal really didn't impact the system all that much

WorldTraveler said:
and how long did it last, Kev, and what percentage of the system did it affect?
I don't know how long but a good bit of the front in systems where effected. Delta.com and such. 

I don't believe Matic ever went down tho. 

WT seems to be very frustrated with this topic, the topic on Forbes and LUV advertising to ATL. He's been so busy responding, he didn't say anything DL's unexpected poor numbers released today. DL had been forecasting PRASM being flat this Q and the month started off seeing 3.5% drop.

200 more cancelations after more cancelations in Jan.  Lower numbers reported for Delta for the month of Jan. and not meeting expectations. Yea, he's in a tizzy...

Yes, this outage was minor. It only affected people trying to use the web, mobile, a kiosk, or those who were on hold with the call centers because the channels using the intrawebs were all broken.

Rest assured, those customers who were happily checked in and onboard their flights at the time of the outage didn't notice.

Neither did the the 20% of customers who don't use modern technology to check in or to book a flight.

I don't know how long but a good bit of the front in systems where effected. Delta.com and such. 

I don't believe Matic ever went down tho.
As far as I know, it didn't. That's all well and good if you have AW agents on hand that still know the entries... If they've only ever learned SNAPP, then it's a different story...

Yes, this outage was minor. It only affected people trying to use the web, mobile, a kiosk, or those who were on hold with the call centers because the channels using the intrawebs were all broken.
...Or the ramp crews trying to finalize weight/balance data...

yes, it was a minor issue. every airline has issues... why it happened, I don't know and

200 more cancelations after more cancelations in Jan.  Lower numbers reported for Delta for the month of Jan. and not meeting expectations. Yea, he's in a tizzy...
DL's cancellations had everything to do with operations in the NE, esp. BOS and LGA. Since WN is such a minor speck in those cities, you wouldn't know what was really going on but there were significant icing issues - or else the FAA was just making it up.

and, btw, all 3 of the airlines with Chicago hubs had major cancellations over the past several days.

WorldTraveler said:
yes, it was a minor issue. every airline has issues... why it happened, I don't know and

DL's cancellations had everything to do with operations in the NE, esp. BOS and LGA. Since WN is such a minor speck in those cities, you wouldn't know what was really going on but there were significant icing issues - or else the FAA was just making it up.

and, btw, all 3 of the airlines with Chicago hubs had major cancellations over the past several days.
SNAPP going down, like give said, is not a minor issue. 

It basically means all the front line systems are down. 

So let's get this every time another airline has said "minor" issue who starts that thread - that's right - one cheerleader - has anyone seen said serial poster of doom for other airlines post a negative story about DL

Latest posts

Back