Delta customers frustrated by outage

jcw said:
So let's get this every time another airline has said "minor" issue who starts that thread - that's right - one cheerleader - has anyone seen said serial poster of doom for other airlines post a negative story about DL
I have a feeling that if AA lost all of its front line systems like that we would hear about it for months...... 

topDawg said:
SNAPP going down, like give said, is not a minor issue. 

It basically means all the front line systems are down.
DL simply did not say that all frontline systems were down in every location.

nor did they say how long it was down or it took to restore them.

I am not discounting that it could have been an issue - but DL didn't say that.

and even a system outage does not compare with merger related cutover problems which lasted for weeks or longer at other carriers.

btw, don't tell me what was and wasn't broken because I access some of DL's systems over the weekend and know what was working and not working before anything was said here or anyone picked up there was a problem.

I'm willing to call an outage what it is.

i'm not allowing it to be embellished into something that I know did not occur to the extent you say it did.

So your on here posting confidential information again

WorldTraveler said:
DL simply did not say that all frontline systems were down in every location.

nor did they say how long it was down or it took to restore them.

I am not discounting that it could have been an issue - but DL didn't say that.

and even a system outage does not compare with merger related cutover problems which lasted for weeks or longer at other carriers.

btw, don't tell me what was and wasn't broken because I access some of DL's systems over the weekend and know what was working and not working before anything was said here or anyone picked up there was a problem.

I'm willing to call an outage what it is.

i'm not allowing it to be embellished into something that I know did not occur to the extent you say it did.
Some of Delta's system? 

DeltaNet and TravelNet are not some big secret systems.

WorldTraveler said:
neither is delta.com or the VRUs that connect to and dump into the res system etc.
DeltaNet is Delta.com. All the same thing. 

But more importantly I don't believe the major outages were over the weekend but were Monday and Tuesday. Kev would have to commit on just how important the systems are (afaik no effect on the TechOps side of the world) 

but my understanding of it was SNAPP went down system wide 

So back to the topic DL had an outage and it impacted more than one flight it impacted a lot of customers

topDawg said:
DeltaNet is Delta.com. All the same thing. 

But more importantly I don't believe the major outages were over the weekend but were Monday and Tuesday. Kev would have to commit on just how important the systems are (afaik no effect on the TechOps side of the world) 

but my understanding of it was SNAPP went down system wide
They're quite important.

Not having SNAPP can be (more or less) overcome if your flight is being worked by an agent that knows the old system. If not? Well...

I'm not sure how you overcome not having ALIS short of just calling LCC and giving them your weight data, and having them relay it via ACARS?

Kev3188 said:
They're quite important.

Not having SNAPP can be (more or less) overcome if your flight is being worked by an agent that knows the old system. If not? Well...

I'm not sure how you overcome not having ALIS short of just calling LCC and giving them your weight data, and having them relay it via ACARS?
was it system wide that you know of? 

Extensive usually infers systemwide.

The way just about everything is architected these days, there really aren't local outages anymore unless it's comms related (e.g. losing a router or maybe a load balancer) or it is an app that is running locally (e.g. StaffManager and some of the stuff in an OCC/HCC might still have local apps running on local hardware).

Latest posts

Back