Delta FAs File For AFA-CWA Election !

Yea, dont count on it. AFA leaves NOTHING to jealous of.

Actually, FAMikey, THB seems to be VERY interested in EVERYTHING AFA CWA, especially at the negotiating alliance with all the other unions.. As a matter of fact, THB is interested in using an AFA trademark - CHAOS, and by the way that stands for (create havoc across our system) in case you need it in the fututre... Unfortunately, for you, she will be leaving in the near future, so the need may not be as great :rolleyes: . P.S. - AFA is the union that got ALASKA a 10.5 hour duty day. What is you duty day at AA? Oh, I am curious as well, how many hours do you have to work, to make the same pay as what you did in 2000? Per THB, you work 40% more than you did in 2000 to make the same wage, and that is without a BK :shock: . . . We have fallen on tough times in this industry, but it is not time to bash FAMikey, you should at least support the DAL f/as. The USA is one of the least organized countries in the world, and that is by a large percentage. SAD very SAD.

I find it interesting that once this topic was posted, people started coming out of the woodwork to chime in. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, however, there are an unusual amount of AA f/a's who have decided to put down AFA-CWA on the Delta board...not just with this posting, but several times in the recent past as well. I'm not really sure what this is all about. Why are AA f/a's "warning" DL f/a's? DL f/a's obviously cannot join APFA (AA's union.) What is your suggestion? Would you prefer DL f/a's go without a contract? And frankly, why do you care? One has to wonder.....
You are correct Hi-C, it does no one any good to come online now, particularly if you are from another union, and start casting aspersions on DL f/a's attempt to gain a legal and binding contract. It's one thing if you're coming from an AFA carrier to tell DL f/a's your feelings on the AFA but from APFA?? What good does that do?

Since many of us have friends and relatives there we speak with some knowledge and understanding. My question how many time do they have to say no? How much money is AFA willing to lose on this wasted venture? Personally I would be pissed if it were my dues money.

yoyodyne was seen wearing their "Keep Delta My Delta" shirt, standing next to the Delta kool-aide punch bowl, and heard it from an official Delta Information Officer!

As a matter of fact, yes, I love my Kool Aide, and yes, I was and am a proud supporter "Keep Delta OUR Delta"

As for you, if you are so friggin unhappy, last time I checked, this was America, and not the Soviet Union, no one is forcing you to work here, LEAVE, I'm sure you can find some UNION loving airline out there to work for; and if you don't work here, then don't judge me, or judge how I feel, or should feel, I'm plenty happy just they way things are!

Since many of us have friends and relatives there we speak with some knowledge and understanding. My question how many time do they have to say no? How much money is AFA willing to lose on this wasted venture? Personally I would be pissed if it were my dues money.

Mikey--The majority has only said "No" ONE, count it..1..time. Time being singular, not plural. There was a vote called DEC 2001--counted FEB 2002. This was in the wake of 9/11 and many people who signed cards felt like it was "kicking" Delta when they were down so out of loyalty they did not vote. Why if AFA has collected over 50% of authorization cards should they not call a vote? This is the will of the MAJORITY of DL f/a's right now. This is called democracy. I don't know who your friends and relatives are but I work here and I want a vote...yes, again and so do at least 50% of my peers. Also, since it is NOT your dues money, what are you complaining about?? Get over it. There is a vote. Just wait for the results.

As a matter of fact, yes, I love my Kool Aide, and yes, I was and am a proud supporter "Keep Delta OUR Delta"

As for you, if you are so friggin unhappy, last time I checked, this was America, and not the Soviet Union, no one is forcing you to work here, LEAVE, I'm sure you can find some UNION loving airline out there to work for; and if you don't work here, then don't judge me, or judge how I feel, or should feel, I'm plenty happy just they way things are!

Unfortunately, Yoyo, Bnb does not have to leave and go to a union carrier. He/she has the right to make their job the best it can be in the manner in which they seem fit (as long as it is legal and above board of coure). Just like you have the right not to agree with them. If everyone always thought like you, there would still be children working in factories and they might even be speaking with an English accent (The REVOLT in Revolutionary War). Like it or not, many of the working conditions you now enjoy were fought for by union men and women long before you were born. Delta has always followed those guidelines and even improved upon them to keep the unions out. (And yes, you enjoyed these benefits dues-free, in effect riding on the coattails of others.)This worked for a while until the last 10 or so years when when our industry became very troubled and corporate greed became the "in" thing. Just because one wants their work rules/pay in a legal and binding contract does NOT mean they are unhappy and does NOT mean they aren't a good worker. To suggest otherwise is prejudicial and very myopic.

I do support the Delta FA's, too bad AFA does not. Twice they have said thanks, no thanks and still you guys lick your lips at the thought of all that extra dues money.

Again, Mikey...ONCE. ONCE DL f/a's said 'no thanks.' Again, say it with me O N C E.

As a matter of fact yoyo, I envy your position. Ignorance is bliss. As in the movie, the Matrix, I too wish I had taken the blue pill! :blink:

I work for Delta too but I'm not happy here. I'll be damn if I walk away from 13 years of service and nothing to show for it. I support the union drive for Dept 120. We will win..........

Congratulations! You did the right / SMART thing. Protect yourself...these corporations see you / us as nothing but slaves to secure multi-million dollar pay outs for themselves.

February 14, 2008

To Our Delta Flying Colleagues,

Today marks a momentous occasion where we may be uniting as Union Sisters and Brothers in the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA. To honor this day, our Master Executive Council would like to extend their congratulations as well as their commitment to your continued efforts to win a voice at the collective bargaining table.

It was in July 2006 that AFA-CWA was elected as the Northwest bargaining representative and our Union Sisters and Brothers from United converged on Minneapolis-St. Paul to assist us in the transition. Depending on your decision in the upcoming election, we will return the favor by assisting you.

On behalf of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, Northwest Airlines Master Executive Council, we look forward to welcoming you aboard!

In Unity,

Northwest Airlines Flight Attendants (Delta/Northwest = 22,000 Plus UNION Strong...at the merger table!)

While I am not a Delta flight attendant I must say that what ever they decide it is their choice and their choice only. In the mergers of the past Delta was the giant and had sheer numbers to overpower any unionized flight attendant group such as Western, PAN AM…etc. This time it will be different because there will be two likely voting scenarios. 1.) The Delta flight attendants will vote on union representation if they succeed they get a seat at the merger table if not they just wait and see. 2.) The second scenario will be the final representation vote, this will happen with the combined flight attendant group. Because of the numbers of the NWA flight attendants comprising more than 35% of the craft being unionize the NMB will require a vote. The NWA flight attendants and the Pro-AFA Delta Flight Attendants group should insure that the AFA will finally get into Delta.

What you don't factor in there is how many NW flight attendants now want AFA off the property, for instance, most of DTW. And that AFA gave up relocation costs in the last contract that they shoved down everyone's throats... so how many MEM flight attendants are going to have to pay to relocate when that base gets canibalized or closed and flights in and out of MEM get turned over to ComAir and it becomes impossible to commute.

Mark my words, a lot of NWA flight attendants are feeling severe pangs of regret that they voted for AFA, for a number of valid reasons (like, for instance, postponing the CHAOS action when they had a chance, only to end up being court-ordered not to implement CHAOS). The previous NW union leaders were educated and stood up not only to the company, but to the thugs at Teamsters. Now they are stuck with wishy-washy, disorganized leadership who couldn't find their as%holes if they were squatting on a mirror.

So, when it comes down to a vote as to union or no union, don't be surprised if enough of the NWA flight attendants see through the AFA shroud and say that enough is enough.

Time will tell

DC..legitimate concerns.

But you will be HARD PRESSED to find ANY NWA FA who would risk working for an any airline with out a Union. I don't care how bad a Union is...you saw what NW was like when it could have it's way (in BK)

While nothing is perfect, the combined NEW company is not the old of Delta or Northwest. For anyone to "take a chance" on the kindness of corporate strangers, would be foolish indeed.(and painful)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Delta F/A's vote No "this round".
And YES the Next round after the Merger.

Would Delta f/a's loose seniority under present language and history?

---just asking, trying to get factual information.

Merger with Western and aquistion of Pan Am, Delta F/A's made out
pretty well.

Would this time around be any different?

Would Delta f/a's loose seniority under present language and history?

---just asking, trying to get factual information.

Merger with Western and aquistion of Pan Am, Delta F/A's made out
pretty well.

Would this time around be any different?

BBB, it is important to understand how those deals when down in the past.

Western was a MUCH smaller carrier than Delta, Pan Am was ..well, I won't get into that. Suffice it to say because of the size of that part of PAA they were slotted in not by senority.

Here's the deal on the pending merger. Delta is not that much larger than Northwest. Federal Railroad Labor laws dictate that if a merger occurs (and this is a merger of equals hence the "stock swap" no matter what name goes on the plane) if one entity is Union or of a different Union (or NO Union as is Delta) all contracts prevail...until an election is held. An election (there may be an instance that requires 35% in favor of, such as what just happened at Delta with over 55% voting for an election).

Once it has been established that a Union representation is requested the Vote must be by 50% PLUS 1 for it to win. Based on that, NWA AFA plus the percentage of Delta FA who would vote in favor of...would guarantee a win for Union representation.

Now, on the senority issue. NWA AFA has scop language in their contract which must be adhered to by NWA and the resulting company of the combo. That guarantees our DOH on any senority list at a carrier operated by NW pilots or former NW pilots under a merged company.

Non Union Delta FA's have a promise and a legally NON binding piece of paper "promising" fair and equitable integration, that does not mean DOH. We are guaranteed nothing LESS...legally. That is not the case with a Non union carrier.

Pilots are Union at Delta for a reason...ask yourself, are they treated better than you? Do you have a voice in your future? Unions are not perfect...but trust me, the days of trusting airline corporate "families" are OVER!

I hope I have explain this correctly. If anyone sees a need for correction please jump in.