Delta Flight Museum

you want the DL I knew to be dead so you can build your own - in the likeness of NW.

Your peers don't have the same ideas.

Yóu're the odd man out, Kev, even though you are still a person with a great heart and head. You just don't represent the majority viewpoint.

DL isn't doing a retro livery.

Move on.

So DL doenst believe in that huh?  Are you sure?

2347139.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
that's great pic 700   I remember seeing that plane several times in the past     may be they repainted back so the customers would not get "confused" and may be it helped delta "move forward"

WorldTraveler said:
you want the DL I knew to be dead so you can build your own - in the likeness of NW.
The DL you knew was a slow to react, stodgy carrier, that did things like flying WB's to Florida to chase sh*t yield. The DL I want to keep building is one that continues to reshape the aviation landscape, but also genuinely recognizes that it's people are the ones doing the heavy lifting. Some of those people just happen to come from carriers that make up the DL of today- the one you removed yourself from right before the greatest turnaround the industry has ever seen.

Your peers don't have the same ideas.
I'm willing to bet most of my peers wouldn't much mind a retro plane at all.

DL isn't doing a retro livery.
I never said they would. I'm simply stating there' snot only no harm in it, but also a potentially large upside.

...Said the man who's been separated from the carrier for years...

700UW said:
So DL doenst believe in that huh?  Are you sure?

2347139.jpg
Oh, hello.

Reactions: 1 person
except I was a part of rebuilding DL and dismantling those kinds of yesteryear strategies.

The Spirit of Delta has worn a number of paint Jobs including the Olympics. Can you find that pic too?

The Spirit of Delta sits in a museum now, Kev.

you want him to give it up but yet on all the other threads you chase him and chastise him for union etc   you need to give it up     700 that's great pic  I like the 96 color scheme delta did an md11 with and a 76 with    I saw the 76 in 96 Olympic colors in atl

Who died and made you the moderator?

Go earn some money, they need to pay another $400 million to settle another fraud case.

Kev3188 said:
Okay. What do you think about the idea of retro planes, then? Would you like it to see one/some? Just asking an opinion, not on whether you think it'll happen or not.

I personally think it would do wonders for morale- you know, "taking care of the people" as WT mentioned.

DL doesn't have to do anything, of course. But for them to claim it would "confuse" the public is disingenuous at best. 
I personally think it would be great to see a 744 in the retro DELTA paint scheme circa 70- early 90's.
I would NEVER want to see another Ron Allen livery or "Flowing Deltaflot" livery again.  
As far as including any aquired/merged carriers?  NO.  They are dead and gone.  Keep them that way.

Since all the current 747-400s were NW and DL never flew that type it should be in the original NW Orient paint scheme IMO.

So your coworkers who contributed to DL's success who were former NW, RC, PA, WA and NE should just get thrown under the bus?

Guess you know how to make friends.

The Heritage Liveries at US are a big hit, passengers and employees both like them and its a good marketing tool.

Reactions: 2 people
Delta did operate a 747, it wasn't a -400 so what?  You really need to get a life.
No one is throwing anyone under any bus.   Taking advice from you on making friends?
Really?  Thats rich

Reactions: 3 people
BABABOOY said:
I personally think it would be great to see a 744 in the retro DELTA paint scheme circa 70- early 90's.
I would NEVER want to see another Ron Allen livery or "Flowing Deltaflot" livery again.

If we're talking about the paint scheme below, I'm with ya. Same goes for your feelings on the Ron Allen or "DeltaFlot" liveries.

As far as including any aquired/merged carriers?  NO.  They are dead and gone.  Keep them that way.
We'll have to respectfully disagree (for obvious reasons), but that's okay.

1361211.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts