District 141 Meets with United, Secures Wage Increases for Members Working Under Modified Contracts

T5towbar said:
I'll probably be voting NO on this TA on Friday.
Despite the improvements on pay and scope, I strongly feel that PT Caps are needed.
My hub got decimated without them, and I feel the inclusion of some sort of caps would restrict the inclination for people to get involuntarily downgraded. I just have mixed feelings about this now that the BOD is opening up to these hedge funders.

MX and FA are still negotiating. Why the sudden rush of a week? We need to digest this further.
Watch out T5!

Frick Frack and maniac have no compulsion to see you not fall on your sword.
JMHO, don't buy into it.

These AA$$clowns would cross your picket line in a nanosecond..

Take Care,
B) xUT

Worldport said:
I don't understand why they wouldn't have a cap we have one I looked at the LUS contract its there. Only ten lines but it's there. Are you sure this isn't a communication problem. The should clarify this ASAP
They don't have a cap. It was lost somewhere along the way, probably in their BK?

But I don't think it's a good reason honestly to vote no if you're not losing something you don't currently have? Yea it sucks they don't have one but they won't have one no matter how they vote right now either way and there certainly aren't any guarantees they will get it in the future either.

And just to be on the record if we got a TA that asked me to give up our PT caps I would emphatically vote NO. But I already have it and that would be a huge concession in my book to "lose" it.

xUT said:
Watch out T5!

JMHO, don't buy into it.

Take Care,
B) xUT
Quite amusing, actually how he votes does directly effect me and my negotiations.

xUT said:
Watch out T5!

JMHO, don't buy into it.

Take Care,
B) xUT
Read there current agreement and compare it to what they will be voting on before you open your mouth tough guy. It's always the tough guys who are the first ones to desert when the other army comes over the ridge and the fighting starts.

I'm positive you'd be one of those paper cloth tough guys.

Worldport said:
Quite amusing, actually how he votes does directly effect me and my negotiations.
Avsolutely. And we would both be insulting T5's intelligence to deny that.

WeAAsles said:
They don't have a cap. It was lost somewhere along the way, probably in their BK?

But I don't think it's a good reason honestly to vote no if you're not losing something you don't currently have? Yea it sucks they don't have one but they won't have one no matter how they vote right now either way and there certainly aren't any guarantees they will get it in the future either.

And just to be on the record if we got a TA that asked me to give up our PT caps I would emphatically vote NO. But I already have it and that would be a huge concession in my book to "lose" it.
The caps should have been a priority for the union they F/up. I doubt the company even opposes a cap. Put one in now. The settlement with the hedge funds looks to me as a victory for the hedge funds thats not good for the unions

Worldport said:
The caps should have been a priority for the union they F/up. I doubt the company even opposes a cap. Put one in now. The settlement with the hedge funds looks to me as a victory for the hedge funds thats not good for the unions
Heck even DL has a percentage they go by  it changes daily but they have one

T5towbar said:
Of course we're not negotiatng a new contracts.

Why one week to decide something like this? There is a lot of skepticism among the people I talk to. What are we going to lose and how bad we will get hurt. This District hasn't seen everyone yet to discuss this.

Either way I vote, I just have a bad feeling that the other shoe is going to drop.............
With no PT cap, I'd trust my gut too...

Worldport said:
Heck even DL has a percentage they go by  it changes daily but they have one
Point of order: At DL, we don't have PT & FT in the same way everyone else does. The workforce is split between "benfitted" employees, and Ready Reserve employees. The stated goal used to be a 50/50 mix, but that's gone. Within the benefitted group, there is no real fixed cap or ratio between 40 hours lines and ones with less...

Kev3188 said:
Point of order: At DL, we don't have PT & FT in the same way everyone else does. The workforce is split between "benfitted" employees, and Ready Reserve employees. The stated goal used to be a 50/50 mix, but that's gone. Within the benefitted group, there is no real fixed cap or ratio between 40 hours lines and ones with less...
If it starts being unacceptable  gather  union cards DL will implement a ratio that's acceptable and there you go you'll have a cap or they will throw more money at you.

You guys are assuming that they didn't try to get FT/PT caps? I'd have to assume the effort was put in? But this is also why I don't think a PTer should contribute the same amount in Union dues as a FTer.

If they both pay the same then there's really no way of knowing if they really did fight for a cap.

But gut instincts or emotional responses still doesn't change what they currently have in black and white for what the company can do to them.

7 Stations VS
30 Stations
17 more for at least another 8 year =
47 Staffed stations

47-7 = 40 held Stations and jobs.

And also how many more jobs added to the list with the express work???????

I can't even actually fathom the fact that we are having this debate personally.

Forget even the increase to base rate and retirement accumulations since I guess that's not important huh.

Seriously guys. Jeez Louise here.

So what happens in those stations when attrition kicks in and there's 1-2 FTers left?

Well crafted language is essential in this industry. NO language is even worse, since it essentially equates to carte blanche for mgmt.

Kev3188 said:
So what happens in those stations when attrition kicks in and there's 1-2 FTers left?
Well crafted language is essential in this industry. NO language is even worse, since it essentially equates to carte blanche for mgmt.

So what happens if they don't agree to the current deal, the company decides to wait until their current CBA is up, and then start Section 6? But in the meantime they go on with the Smisek plan which looked very much to me as if he had either no problem closing many stations or make them compete against the costs of those sub contractors?

Kev I live in the moment of what I have written in front of me right now. Not some pipe dream that maybe if I send them back they can get me exactly what it is that "I" need or "I" demand.

In this case I'm going to look at the package that my negotiators brought back for my consideration. I'll weigh the positives and the negatives and see how they stack up against each other and whichever direction I think it leans more for, that's how I'll cast my vote.

It's very apparent that you don't like this deal. Alright offer up your assured alternative of what you know for a FACT is going to happen if they turn it down? Can you provide anything "In Writing" that can give these people that guarantee? What would or could you offer them if it was you they sent back to the table. Again not forgetting that their contract isn't even up yet.

How many groups out there are still negotiating and how many years has it been? The FA's at UAL, AMFA at SWA, the TWU at SWA ramp (how long did that take) US ramp before the merger (How long did it take them)

What can you promise these people Kev?

Latest posts

Back