District 141 Survey

Well the 757s that were outsourced on the east side and the 50% of the 737s that they were allowed to outsourced just swung back in on the "may" language.
Permanently?? Talk is that there was some airbuses that were done early that left some open slots. Great that they are being done in house..........can only hope it's permanent. :unsure:

All the inventory at BFM is back in CLT and PIT or in the process of being moved.

The Buses are done in PIT, not CLT. 737s all in CLT 757s to PIT along with the 320 family.

Recentley CLT base got a 737 Q-Check done 10 days early only to have the plane sit for five more days as the seats were not done in time by the vendor in Texas, ironic the shop is owned by a friend of the former SR VP of MTC on the east side. Things that make you go hmmmm!

Thank Awatech and Tim Nelson for that, not I.

I just refuted what they posted, and if you don't like it don't read it!

Thank Awatech and Tim Nelson for that, not I.

I just refuted what they posted, and if you don't like it don't read it!

refuted what?
You are perhaps the IAM's best advocate and all you can come up with is to stand on the foundation of 'may' language.

Like I said, there is no logical reason to pay a union for having "May" language in a contract. You don't need a contract that says the company 'may' bring things in house.

kudos to the company for bringing some mechanical work back to its own employees. Personally I believe it was a wise move for them. You should be grateful and thank the company for that, not your IAM contract that stands on the foundation of 'MAY" language.

In fleet service, the company, on its own, offered 2 more stations as class one stations to raise the total to 11. Again, thanks to the company, not union.

Contrary to how the unions manufacture your company's image of a beast, the company continues to offer non-negotiated compensatiion to its union members. Think about that.

I think your company is much more appreciative of its employees than the previous regime.

regards,

I must admit, this is the FIRST survey of any kind I've seen the IAM put out for fleet. And I am cynical enough to call it window dressing.

Nonetheless, I urge all fleet agents to fill the survey out - especially the comment section at the bottom.

I used that part to urge the IAM to restore recall rights to fleet agents - the same recall rights our mechanic brothers and sisters still have, and the same rights our pilot and flight attendant friends enjoy.

Will the IAM act? Doubtful. But at least they won't be able to blame us for a lack of participation.

You are correct about the "window dressing", and you should be cynical about their motives. They haven't started doing this type of thing until the members wanted answers and they were getting none. The Teamsters were talking about how the members were able to get on line and see the contract negotiations and other information. Now the IAM all of the sudden is wanting your input. Go figure. Just remember the opinions you give will be considered "just venting" by the IAM.

All that aside I do hope they are listening.......but it is very unlikely. :)

If he is divorced, I am sure that there is a good reason why.

rofl2.gif

:)

Last time I checked this thread is about a 141 survey and the IAM, not me.

Amazing.