DL expands SEA further with SEA-SFO flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
I find it humorous that there are people who honestly are so preoccupied with someone else's reputation score that they have nothing else to contribute to the discussion which is about DL's SEA expansion.
I find it more humorous that you can use the word "honestly" and "reputation score" in the same sentence and not see the irony...

The fact remains that DL's being a predator against its partner.

You can spin & spin if you wish, but the point of having a partnership is for both sides to benefit. It's the same approach they're taking with their Asian partners in Skyteam, which right now appears to be the most dysfunctional alliance around.

No great surprise on either front, but at some point I'd expect that type of strategy will wind up backfiring on them.

• Banned
No rational person can honestly believe that DL sees any value in the AS partnership other than for AS to deliver what it is contractually obligated to do.

AS apparently thought a little too highly of themselves to not realize that DL is a whole lot bigger and has a whole lot more resources to use to achieve its goals. DL can build its hub at SEA with or without AS.

Your behavior is really frightening, E. Not only do you continually try to post personal details about me but you have engaged in a multi-year campaign to try to destroy my character including a pathological fixation with the post voting system.

The real issue is that you are still trying to be the expert on a million subjects about which you really have no clue what you are talking about... but you keep hoping that someone will finally give you the pat on the back you have wanted for your whole life. The fact that you are the only person on this forum who uses their own name and posts their own pictures shows how badly you want to be recognized as the authority. But it also makes it hurt all the more when you are repeatedly shown to be wrong on so many subjects.

This board is about the exchange of ideas, E. Figure out how to talk about what you know and know what you talk about and then stop there.

If AA wants to have AS, DL will probably be more than to let them have it. But first DL is going to extract some contractual obligations that may not leave them terribly attractive by the time it is all done.

Your own actions caused it, not the behavior of anyone else, it is a cowardly move to boost your own reputation with alter ego accounts which you admitted and which is a violation of the board's terms of service rules.

crying_baby.jpg

• Banned
Except there are plenty of people who have manipulated the post voting system... do you violated that there is a clear campaign to trash your score, 700? After all, you have dropped by hundreds of points in mere months.

Are your posts any more or less meaningful because your score changed? Are you any more or less likely to write what you write because more than a few people have trashed your score?

What you can't grasp and you find solidarity with E about is that the hundreds of people who read this site really don't care about the internal politics that play out on this board.

They know who speaks accurately about what they talk about.

Not surprisingly, you and E who have a knee-jerk reaction to say things which are easily proven wrong on multiple occasions have a real reputation with readers of the forum that is anything but all thumbs up.

In your case, you do more harm to the labor movement and to your stated efforts to unionize DL employees than you could possibly imagine - and that has nothing to do with your reputation score on this forum.

I am honored that you and others have given me so much attention on the week of my 10th airlineforums anniversary.

It is obvious that the attempts to discredit me prove that I am a force on this board that you cannot deny.

I dont care about my score, it doesnt make my life any better or any worse.

You know there is a whole world outside the message board, you should try and see it some time.

egomaniac2.jpg

• Banned
With 3X more posts than me over a time period that was only 1 month longer, it would appear you should take your own advice.

I don't think anyone really expects you to change your posting style even though your reputation score has swung by close to a thousand - maybe more - over six months.

What doesn't change is that the post voting system is a feeble attempt that a few including E use to try and boost how they are perceived. it is bad enough to be so defensive about the losses on AA's Pacific route system but it is far worse to do it while using your own name. Those losses are public knowledge and I actually find it humorous that AA, a carrier that used to report its quarterly revenue by region, no longer does it any more.... which makes it a little harder to calculate the amount they are losing in regions like the Pacific.

E also tried really hard to convince me that WN would come into ATL and put a world of hurt on DL... but we know the complete opposite has happened. Yet there are dozens of posts with E's name on where he tried to convince the world that he knew what he was talking about and has been shown to be completely wrong.

I don't care about the post voting system either. E apparently does and he some how thinks that if he rallies enough support behind an idea and against someone else, like me, he will win the argument.

His name is next to a whole lot of things that have simply been shown to be wrong in the industry.

In the case of AS and SEA, DL will do what it needs to do and AS will be the that didn't think this whole thing thru very wisely.

The citizens of SEA will end up with a whole lot more competition and an even better network than they have had being committed to just one hub airline.

Yet he is hired by airlines all over the world and knows the inner workings.

You arent in the industry and his skill level is way above yours, that is why he is working all over the world and you still have Delta envy and you arent even there anymore.

• Banned
perhaps someone is getting their money's worth?

He may be very good at what he does but like you he doesn't know when to stop.

Making statements that adding flights to a hub would dilute the local market revenue makes no sense right after saying that O&D revenue management systems exist to maximize local market revenue.

What you and E have written are here for everyone to see...

I don't get paid to be in the airline industry but yet I am able to more accurately converse about the topics about which I do talk about than people like you and E who try to convince us you know a lot - and then ruin your real reputation by talking about things that you don't know about.

I'm pretty sure E doesn't support revenue management systems.

As for this discussion, do you realize that the Business Travel Network, which represents some of the largest large client purchasers of air transportation in the US have voted DL as the best US airline... by a hefty margin above its competitors.

http://www.businesstravelnews.com/uploadedFiles/Research/2013AirlineSurveyCoverPDF.pdf

One of the categories rates is networks, partnerships, and frequencies and DL's score is higher than AA and UA's, the carriers that CW says have the best networks. Maybe the fact that the BTN doesn't agree with CW is precisely why DL is enjoying the revenue premiums over the industry that it has.

Forcing DL to build out SEA only increases the attractiveness of DL's network.

You'll notice if you flip thru the report that they also vote Skyteam higher than oneworld or Star also.

but these are just the people who buy corporate travel in the millions of dollars... I'm sure they wouldn't know.

• Banned
cute....
saying that defined contribution plans are not pensions when that is exactly what the DOL and IRS call them will ruin your reputation to the people you seem to be trying to convince to join a union.

problem for you is that is what YOU wrote.

A 401k is not a pension plan.

If it goes belly up the PBGC doesnt step in and take it over.

I have been talking about the difference between a DBP and a 401k.

And once again glad to see you take it off subject to try and make yourself feel better.

the-ego-is-not-who-you-really-are-deepak-chopra.jpg

WorldTraveler said:
I'm pretty sure E doesn't support revenue management systems.
Actually, I do support RM from time to time.

Do you?

I can sleep at night, knowing I don't use multiple accounts for posting or voting. I don't think you can say the same, WT.

It all comes down to honesty & integrity. Those of us who play by the rules have it.

You? Gaming the voting system, coming up with all kinds of disclaimers when you're proven wrong, and doing whatever it takes to spin narrative it is you want to spin...

That's not honesty or integrity.

Reputations are like respect: they're earned, WT. Not bought. Not stolen. Not given.

Don't understand why everyone is so caught up with the rep score. I speak my mind and share unpopular view points from time to time, and if my posts get votes down so be it. So funny that E you say you don't care about the voting system yet are advocating people vote down WTs posts like as your new signature icon indicates. And so what this is an online forum where people exchange ideas and information, if you don't like what is being stated 1) refute the post with facts 2) ignore the poster, it's not complicated.

Josh

eolesen said:
I find it more humorous that you can use the word "honestly" and "reputation score" in the same sentence and not see the irony...
^This^

WorldTraveler said:
AS apparently thought a little too highly of themselves to not realize that DL is a whole lot bigger and has a whole lot more resources to use to achieve its goals. DL can build its hub at SEA with or without AS.
Did they, or have they simply made the decision not to be bossed around by a larger carrier?

The real issue is that you are still trying to be the expert on a million subjects about which you really have no clue what you are talking about... but you keep hoping that someone will finally give you the pat on the back you have wanted for your whole life.
Wow. Project much?

If AA wants to have AS, DL will probably be more than to let them have it. But first DL is going to extract some contractual obligations that may not leave them terribly attractive by the time it is all done.
What sort of obligations?

WorldTraveler said:
I don't think anyone really expects you to change your posting style even though your reputation score has swung by close to a thousand - maybe more - over six months.
As has yours, interestingly enough...

I don't care about the post voting system either.
Lol. Your actions clearly say otherwise.

In the case of AS and SEA, DL will do what it needs to do and AS will be the that didn't think this whole thing thru very wisely.
...or it might backfire. Who's to say at this point?

WorldTraveler said:
He may be very good at what he does but like you he doesn't know when to stop.
Pot, kettle, and so on...

eolesen said:
Reputations are like respect: they're earned, WT. Not bought. Not stolen. Not given.
^Also this^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back