DL to suspend SEA-HND Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
in fact, after MAH and others have touted all of the growth that AA is doing to Europe, I verified that is a fact that AA is actually cutting its schedule this winter deeper than it has done before - both for PMAA and PMUS networks.

Why do you lie and make up things? I never said anything such. All I said was that AA was going to be transfering Miami-Europe flying largely to 777s, although only MAD has a confirmed date (December 18th) as of now. 

• Banned
737823 said:
The topic is Tokyo-Haneda not routine schedule changes. And again why don't you provide proper attribution when you post things?
Josh
Let's see I am not writing an APA or MLA paper.

And when I get home I will show how many off topic posts you do.

700UW said:
Let's see I am not writing an APA or MLA paper.

And when I get home I will show how many off topic posts you do.

Guess you don't know this is a regular occurrence in the airline industry.  You CLT-Europe flight schedule is also subject to change.

Josh

MAH4546 said:
Why do you lie and make up things? I never said anything such. All I said was that AA was going to be transfering Miami-Europe flying largely to 777s, although only MAD has a confirmed date (December 18th) as of now.
uh, touting growth is hardly a lie.

do you think an upgrade is not growth?

737823 said:
The topic is Tokyo-Haneda not routine schedule changes. And again why don't you provide proper attribution when you post things?
Josh
Josh

Great post can you believe DL has dramatically cut TATL flying it's amazing how lopsided WT's data is on schedules

except that you and 700 are the one that doesn't understand that DL is slightly increasing its capacity over its winter levels which drop dramatically every year.

this year, DL is slightly increasing in BRU, CDG, FCO, LHR, and ZRH while reducing in other locations.

the net is that DL is SLIGHTLY larger - a couple percent than a year ago.

It is AA and US that are making DRAMATIC cuts in their winter schedules because they have a lot of capacity to Europe that doesn't work on a year round basis and AA hasn't operated its schedule that way in the past while DL has done it for years. even though US did it in the past, they now overlap markets which AA also operates.

DL is doing the same thing to HND which every other airline does to Europe.

and DL still meets the DOT's requirements for maintaining service to HND.

That's right they are not managing caoacicity which will hurt their product yields thanks for pointing out their poor management of their schedule

Hail to DL

How was your daily affirmation today

Oh please other airlines have been way more profitable than DL over long period of times

Go back to the years leading up to bK etc

feel free to pull that data and share it with us.

and if those other AAirlines have been so profitable for so long, how come their employees aren't smart enough to get a piece of that profit sharing?

WorldTraveler said:
and if those other AAirlines have been so profitable for so long, how come their employees aren't smart enough to get a piece of that profit sharing?
Why don't you tell everyone, since you're going to tell them their opinion is wrong?

After being burned badly in the early 90's and again in the early 2000's, most long-term employees probably aren't as willing to put their faith in variable compensation.

That tolerance increases with base salary levels -- someone earning $75K might be willing to gamble on profit sharing.

Someone earning $50K probably can't afford to. Given a choice, they'd rather have guaranteed income they can plan their life around, or improvements somewhere else (e.g. lower healthcare expenses). I don't necessarily blame them.

The key phrase there -- given a choice... I know you don't seem to think that's important. I do. In my last employment negotiation, I opted for more vacation versus more pay, and it was worth it.

E,
your little dissertation belies the fact that WN and other companies do not distinguish between "lower" paid workers and those who are the top of the scale.

it also misses the fact that it is a gamble to pass on profit sharing in order to hold on to salaries which have been subject to enormous economic forces regardless of the supposed security of a CBA.

I can assure you that AA employees' will end up on the short end of the stick regarding salaries compared to other employees in the industry who have chosen to participate in profit sharing.

even WN's most recent CBA provides an incentive for the employees to help the company reach certain financial measures which otherwise would mean nothing to employees.

AA employees and their unions are the odd man out from the industry; to think that everyone else is wrong can only be described as the height of AArrogance

Nice try, but there's a saying I heard on Dave Ramsey's show a few days ago that you might want to consider:

A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an opinion.
WN's compensation model has always had profit sharing as a component, it's been demonstrable, and there's a measure of trust between the employees and the company.

Neither UA or AA have established that level of trust, and from personal experience, it wasn't continuously demonstrable in the 20 years or so that AA did have a profit sharing plan in place (the last really good payout was for 1988), and the employees made their decision accordingly.

When it's demonstrable beyond a sample size of one carrier, maybe others will adapt.

Until you have the AA employee's experience, your opinion isn't relevant.

thank you for making the point crystal clear.

AA employees are underperforming their peers at DL and WN in total compensation because of a lack of trust and a lack of running the business as well as DL and WN are doing.

today's results prove exactly what was expected. AA is not being run as well as DL.

DL people know the difference and are benefitting from it.

managing the network for profitability is precisely why.

the fact that AA's RASM in Latin America declined an astonishing 11.7% shows how quickly the revenue environment can move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back