Do You Want To Re- Elect Bush For Presendent!

Kerry has never said this. Or implied it. The only poeple who have said this are the GOP cheerleaders who want you to be afraid. If you have the opinion that Bush is "Better for Defence", whatever that means, tell us why?
Kerry Wanted U.N. to Control U.S. Troops
NewsMax.com Wires
Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2004
Flashback: NewsMax reported this "new" story weeks ago.
More: Kerry's History of Voting Against the Military
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Democrat presidential front-runner John Kerry called for U.N. control of the U.S. military in an interview 34 years ago with Harvard University's student newspaper.

Kerry was a long-shot congressional candidate in Massachusetts when The Crimson interviewed him in February 1970, 10 months after he returned from a tour of duty in Vietnam.

'Internationalist'

He described himself as "an internationalist," and said he wanted "to almost eliminate CIA activity."

"I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations," Kerry said.

"The CIA is fighting its own war in Laos, and nobody seems to care," he later said.

As a presidential candidate, Kerry has said he supports the autonomy of the U.S. military and has not called for a reduction in CIA operations.

"Through 20 years in the United States Senate, John Kerry has stood up for the strongest military on Earth and a muscular internationalism that makes America safe while winning the cooperation of allies," said Kerry spokesman David Wade. "Unlike George Bush, John Kerry knows that while the United States never gives veto power over our security to any international institution, multilateralism is a strength and not a weakness."

Former U.S. Secretary of Labor Robert Reich, who has endorsed Kerry, said Kerry's statements were appropriate for their time.

"In the context of the Vietnam War, those comments are completely understandable," he said.

Kevin Madden, a spokesman for President Bush's re-election campaign, said Kerry's remarks were a sign of his weakness on defense.

"President Bush will never cede the best interests of the national security of the American people to anybody but the president of the United States, along with the Congress," he said.

I stand corrected. :eek:

Still, I think you'll have to do better than a quote from 1970 to convince me Kerry can't handle the defense of America. Really, thats about as legit as claiming Bush is week on defense cause he avoided going to Vietnam.

sentrido said:
I stand corrected. :eek:

Still, I think you'll have to do better than a quote from 1970 to convince me Kerry can't handle the defense of America. Really, thats about as legit as claiming Bush is week on defense cause he avoided going to Vietnam.
please,please...a little levity.. ;)

First off, what covers congress and the military is not the same plan, but it is not socialized medacine. Their employer pays for an insurance program and they can go see whatever doctor they want. Champus is very flexable in that regard and those covered by the plan get to make their own decisions. What the libs have been trying to do is socialized healthcare. The government gets to decide who you can see and what they can do for you and tax you for the priveledge of letting them do that.

If you want meaningfull healthcare reform all you have to do is get congress to accept 2 things. Ready cause here they are:

1. Meaningfull tort reform. Doctors are fleeing the practice of medicine because of the rocketting costs of insurance. Why, because anybody and everybody likes to blame the doctor and sue them for their million dollar settlement. Edwards should be very familure with that approach.

2. Don't let the drug companies market directly to the public. All these stupid add proclaiming how wonderful this medacine is for that condition or some other. Why do they do that? because they know that people will see that, say to themselvs, "hey I have that conditon and I can get better", go to the doctor and get that prescription. They pay the Dr. $15 and the $20 co pay for the medacine. The insurance company pays the doctor, a portion of what he would normally charge, the doctor writes off a lot because the insurance company won't pay him all of it, and the insurance company pays the drug company for the prescription. The insurance company pays lots of money and has to raise premiums and reduce benefits, the doctor has to raise his rates and the drug companies laugh all the way to the bank and the stupid sod that saw the advertisement and only thinks they are paying the co-pays votes for the politician that wants to let the government provide them their healthcare never even knowing that they are a direct cause of the high prices.

fred-look at the already high cost of healthcare and what drives it up...now we are going to let the government "fix" it for all?
they fixed welfare and medicare and what else? :shock: :lol:

I didn't say that the government should fix healthcare. That was not what I was trying to convey. What we need the government to do to fix healthcare is to enact meaningfull tort reform. No more bogus law suits against doctors because people expect them to be miracle workers and sometimes bad things happen to good people. That is one thing the government should do. Doctors are fleeing medical practice because they cannot afford insurance because they are going to get sued. OB is the worst. That speciality has the highest insurance cost of any medical field, specifically because of the probability of law suits and the outrageous settlements that juries think is fair. The Congress should put some type of meaningfull limits on that crap. Gross negligence is one thing, but sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Second, the government should not allow drug companies to advertise to the general population.

This is not getting government into the healthcard industry, but merely providing a better environment for those in that industry to operate and therefore reduce their actual costs.

By no means am I advocating that government step into healthcare.

Of course if the current lib ticket of John John gets into office, none of these measures that might actually have an effect and still allow the market to function will be enacted. Can you imagine Edwards voting for meaningfull tort reform?

:shock:

even so, point being the government gets involved it will spin out of control and will grow even worse.
what have they ever done right? ;)

The ABC one I dont mind so much, and the last one cause its containe arguments from both sides, But he DRUDGE REPORT? Come on Dell, those funny pictures you post have more credibility.

sentrido said:
The ABC one I dont mind so much, and the last one cause its containe arguments from both sides, But he DRUDGE REPORT? Come on Dell, those funny pictures you post have more credibility.
hope you have been listening to sean at the convention......

sKerry has taken a page right out of Slick Willie's play book, tell the people what they want to hear and never take a stand on anything.

Sentrido was saying earlier that sKerry is saying that nobody who earns under $200k/year is going to see a tax increase. That is only what he is saying now because he is running for President. Look at his history. He is the absolute bigest tax and spend liberal. Bigger even than Wine em, dine em and drown em Kennedy.

Today he says different that what he has said in the senate for his whole career, but somehow we are supposed to believe that he is reformed? or better that he has had these beliefs all along?

Maybe he should open a string of Waffle houses.

FredF said:
If you want meaningfull healthcare reform all you have to do is get congress to accept 2 things. Ready cause here they are:

1. Meaningfull tort reform. Doctors are fleeing the practice of medicine because of the rocketting costs of insurance. Why, because anybody and everybody likes to blame the doctor and sue them for their million dollar settlement. Edwards should be very familure with that approach.

2. Don't let the drug companies market directly to the public. All these stupid add proclaiming how wonderful this medacine is for that condition or some other. Why do they do that? because they know that people will see that, say to themselvs, "hey I have that conditon and I can get better", go to the doctor and get that prescription. They pay the Dr. $15 and the $20 co pay for the medacine. The insurance company pays the doctor, a portion of what he would normally charge, the doctor writes off a lot because the insurance company won't pay him all of it, and the insurance company pays the drug company for the prescription. The insurance company pays lots of money and has to raise premiums and reduce benefits, the doctor has to raise his rates and the drug companies laugh all the way to the bank and the stupid sod that saw the advertisement and only thinks they are paying the co-pays votes for the politician that wants to let the government provide them their healthcare never even knowing that they are a direct cause of the high prices.
I agree on point 2.

The jury is still out on the first point.

http://www.consumerwatchdog.org/insurance/tortreform.php3

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=133

It seems just as likely that insurance companies used the DOW downturn (and its hit on their coffers) to poor mouth Congress to rid themselves of litigation, and more important, accountability. Just as corporations used the DOWnturn to dump pensions.

I find it of exceeding interest how quick companies jumped on the DOWnturn to dump liabilities. Yet the last I checked, the DOW is back to pre-911 levels, and while corporations are doing fine, profit-wise, they are sticking with the poor-mouth as they continue to shed obligations.

Interestingly, my 401k rode DOWn, and then up, with the economy. Yet the 'small' investor was obliged to ride it out, and take the full risks.

Yes, in this country, we subsidize corporate risk, and privatize profit.

Back