Doogie gets arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

You know what? The guy is human. Let's give him a break--after all he is innocent until proven guilty.

I wonder if it was anyone else would it warrant a thread here?

Now the issue about waiting 9 days--that's a whole other issue.

Let's be fair about this.
Sorry Dr K. but we part ways here.

Here is a guy who wants the press when it comes to being a family man and a Sunday School teacher. He can't have it both ways. Why did he hide for a week and a half, no doubt hoping this would not come public. Where was Dawn in all of this, and you know who I'm talking about....

How much effort was put into keeping a lid on this? I also find it VERY interesting that the Queen of spin, Elise make the following statements..

A US Airways spokeswoman told the Tribune late Thursday the 45-year-old executive, whose given name is William Douglas Parker, was giving friends a ride after they had too much to drink. Parker declined to comment. But the spokeswoman, Elise Eberwein, said she talked to him about the arrest.

Eberwein said Parker told her he “is embarrassed beyond words and knows more is expected of him.â€￾

She added: “Knowing Doug, I do know he would not get behind the wheel of a car if he felt too impaired to drive.â€￾

Parker told Eberwein he believes the results will show his blood-alcohol level was below the limit, she said.

Why is he hiding behind her skirt. Why is he using a US employee to defend his personal actions. Why has he not spoken directly with the press?

This man is not a worthy leader of people and appears to have snowed many of his true character in PHX. His action in handling this incident speaks volumes.

I wonder how long it will take before the press release announcing Doug is entering rehab will come out? If it's good enough for Miss USA and Mel Gibson, it should be good enough for Doogie.

Well, he just lost 11 Billion dollars a few hours earlier. That would drive anyone to drink.

If a pilot gets a DUI he's gone.

If it's good enough for a pilot, It's good enough for this fraud.

MESA - The Chief Executive Officer of US Airways is facing a possible drunken driving charge.

Scottsdale police say Doug Parker was arrested for suspicion of DUI after a late-night traffic stop on Jan. 31.

Parker went through roadside sobriety tests, then taken to a nearby DUI task force command post to draw his blood and officially book him.

Scottsdale police spokesman Sergeant Mark Clark said Parker was released and sent home in a taxi, a normal procedure during DUI crackdowns.

Clark said just how much alcohol was in Parker's system will be determined when a crime lab tests his blood.

The East Valley Tribune says a police report states that Parker said he was coming from the Bird's Nest, a nightly party held during the FBR Open golf tournament. According to the report, Parker told police he had downed three beers in two hours. He was clocked in his black BMW at 65 mph — 20 miles faster than the posted speed limit. Two passengers were with him.

US Airways spokeswoman Elise Eberwein says Parker is "embarrassed beyond words and knows more is expected of him." Charlotte is the largest US Airways hub.

However, Eberwein said Parker told her that he believes the test results will show his blood-alcohol level was below the legal limit.

I remember back when HP announced they wanted to merger with US. Collen Barret, President of Southwest Airlines made a statement wondering if Doug was on drugs.

Was the corporate policy improved or changed after the two HP pilots were arrested in MIA???? What were Doug's statements then? It would be interesting to find those

From the article quoting spokesperson Elise Eberwein:

She added: “Knowing Doug, I do know he would not get behind the wheel of a car if he felt too impaired to drive.â€￾

Huh? :unsure: What a bunch of spinning BS! How would he know whether he was too impaired to drive as he had shown, by his actions, that he was simply too impaired to make an intelligent, responsible decision.

A responsible husband, father, friend, licensed driver, and CEO would hire a freaking car and driver.

Well, he just lost 11 Billion dollars a few hours earlier. That would drive anyone to drink.

Yes, but not drink and drive, that is the issue.

A good CEO leads by example.

First of all, if he is found guilty then there is no excuse. But as many have pointed out, nothing has been proven yet. And there's no reason why he should have disclosed this earlier. It's part of his private life--the only reason he's addressing it now is because the media found out.

Yeah, grow up like Doug?

Get in a car and drive after drinking?

He's not some joe six pack, he's the CEO of an AIRLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell kind of leader is this? Not just pissing off and embarrasing his employees. What about the traveling public? What kind of PR nightmare is this going to be? Grow up? JEEEEEZZZ!!!!

If I were the head of ALPA I'd demand his resignation. If I were a member of the BOD I'd demand his resignation. If I were anyone associated with LCC I'd demand his resignation. He's not just another someone who got a DUI.

He's the very personification of US Airways. And he's made an absolute joke of the LCC reputation.

He should be GONE.

pilot

First of all, if he is found guilty then there is no excuse. But as many have pointed out, nothing has been proven yet. And there's no reason why he should have disclosed this earlier. It's part of his private life--the only reason he's addressing it now is because the media found out.

I would think the toxicology test results are back by now. Even with this being part of what you said was his private life. I bet US Airways corporate policy states employees have to report all arrests so I tend to think he has told the board about this along with HR. I ask you how you know he was not there on business though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back