Doogie gets arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone brought up an interesting point about the car. If the BMW he was driving is the property of Airways should he be accountable for committing a crime while driving a company asset. A DUI is different from a minor speeding ticket.

FAA legal limit to operate an aircraft is .04. US Airways limit is ZERO (which you could bust with mouthwash or cough medicine).

Guy should practice what he preaches.

A320 Driver B)

FAA legal limit to operate an aircraft is .04. US Airways limit is ZERO (which you could bust with mouthwash or cough medicine).

Guy should practice what he preaches.
A320 Driver B)
Jeez give him a break. He was not going to occupy the cockpit the next day and made a rather large error in judgement which I am sure he feels terrible. Ever made a mistake?

• Banned
Was he attending the event as CEO of US Airways or as Doug Parker?

If you go to FBRs webpage it shows US Airways on it as an advertiser.

And your point? Does that mean no employee can never have a drink on an aircraft because the aircraft say US? He had LEFT the FBR.

If he was legally drunk and convicted the only people he has to answer to is him self and the judge and his family not you.

Hmmm. Not really.

If he does get convicted, it will be as a result of a complaint from the people of the State of Arizona, whose laws he broke.

The charges are coming from the citizens of the State of Arizona. Not the judge. Not his family. Not the police. Not USAirways.

So, it is not a private consideration. It is, by law, a matter of public record and he has to answer to the citizens of the State of Arizona.

I wonder what will happen next. The story is on Drudge right now.

Will ALPA make an issue of this? :down:

After all they are nothing but saints :rolleyes:

Just wondering out loud here but have any airline CEOS done worse things. Lets see AA broke into Braniffs res system.

Certainly there are worse things out there that have been done in the past by other airline execs.

Anyone care to share what Colodny or Beavious (sp?) had hidden in their closets?

The legal limit is .08, that is legally drunk, no and if or buts, why making excuses for him?

Shows very poor judgement for a CEO.

Like you have never gone out for just 2 beers and drove home!? That is certainly not drunk. According to authorities yes, but it's not a big deal. Nobody was hurt or killed. He didn't rob a bank or murder someone...so, leave it alone.

How would you like to be ridiculed for that.

MANY MANY MANY airline employees HAVE DUIs so he just joined the club.

Whether he is CEO or aircraft cleaner....he is human and was just having fun.

When ever I go out and have a few, if I feel I have had too much I call a cab. PERIOD......

It does not happed often but it can run 20-30 dollars. It is money well spent. Here is our multi-millionaire CEO not utilizing good judgement.

Dear Doug,

Sorry about your DUI. That's tough luck, ain't it? Well, you should be able to sweep it under the rug soon enough. Don't feel bad, though. I still think of you the same way I always have.

BTW, when you make it back to PIT for another Town Hall Meeting, I know this micro-brewery where the beer is oh so......oops! Never mind.

Your Buddy,

The Prince of PAWOBs

p.s. Grinstein called. He wants to know if your up for golf on Monday. Something about laughing at you and beating you with a driver. Let me know if your free on your own recognizance.

For what it's worth, .08 is very low and one could feel just fine but still be legally intoxicated. And, honestly, we've all driven when we shouldn't have ... it happens, some get caught.

If he was in trouble, why was it announced in the press nine days later and he did not disclose it to the employees?

Why should he? It is his PERSONAL LIFE!!!

Next time you get a speeding ticket or any other violation, I demand that it be posted on here no later than on hour after you get home or out of jail!!! :up:

Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back