Doug Parker decries profit sharing....

Pretty ironic that AA is always chasing non union DL pay rates. With these record profits shouldnt it be the other way around? I thought being union brought higher pay than non union?! Now I get to PAY dues to earn less income than my peers!! Like a donkey chasing a carrot on a stick AA employees will never catch DL. Doug isn't stupid, he knows having unionized labor is the cheaper option nowadays.

I've worked at jobs with and without profit sharing.  Take it in salary, always!  Profit sharing is a way to keep routine wages lower to avoid year-over-year increases in other costs (e.g., benefits, annual merit increases, etc.).  (Just my two cents I know many on here don't agree with.)

Profit sharing? I would just like to get out of the twu negotiated bankruptcy contract.....

Some time before I retire...

DL has paid more to keep unions out.

Guess you don't realize that 40% of DL's ACS are ready reserve who make about $13 an hour with zero benefits?

700UW said:
Guess you don't realize that 40% of DL's ACS are ready reserve who make about $13 an hour with zero benefits?
How many ready reserve flight attendants does DL have?

Black Magic said:
Pretty ironic that AA is always chasing non union DL pay rates. With these record profits shouldnt it be the other way around? I thought being union brought higher pay than non union?! Now I get to PAY dues to earn less income than my peers!! Like a donkey chasing a carrot on a stick AA employees will never catch DL. Doug isn't stupid, he knows having unionized labor is the cheaper option nowadays.

I really do wonder what I pay union dues for?

I wonder why a member of the TWU, whether Local or International, would agree to contractual parameters that made a direct comparison on any wages or benefits?

700UW said:
With unions like the IAM, TWU and IBT you have to wonder why they remain union free.

I guess it's easy to decry profit sharing when your salary is $5.3 million per year....in good times and in bad.  That's a lot more than the average AA employee makes.  The thing is, with record profits, the bonus check will look REALLY good...and the stock options should bring a spectacular return.  

Buck said:
I wonder why a member of the TWU, whether Local or International, would agree to contractual parameters that made a direct comparison on any wages or benefits?
Sorry Should have said:

I wonder why a member of the TWU, whether Local or International, would agree to contractual parameters that made a direct comparison to a nonunion airline on any wages or benefits?

Because the market determines the rates.

So of course you use what other airlines are being paid as a comparison.

Did you complain when AMFA got a huge raise at NW which in turn forced AA to give you all a big raise also?

Buck said:
Sorry Should have said:

I wonder why a member of the TWU, whether Local or International, would agree to contractual parameters that made a direct comparison to a nonunion airline on any wages or benefits?
Once again , for all the (knuckleheads) the market dictates wages and benefits. The more non-union MRO's are popping up the more wages will be suppress and work contracted out. Members do not decide the market does.

APFA is a crappie union that lost united to IBT and has been after AA for over twenty years. A big "L"

Latest posts

Back