US Airways has no plans to put more money into the Flight Attendant Agreement

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that I think that the CWA Csa group got the best deal. Their scope on the outsourcing of stations, and their partial snap-backs alone put them far ahead of the others. Add to that the fact that they actually got some Res jobs brought back in house recently. Thier contract makes the IAM fleet one look like a coloring book.

I'm not as familiar with that contract. I have met more than one CWA leader and I have to say they are very passionate in their representation of their fellow workers. there is one I met I'm not so fond of but hey you can't like everyone.

And yet the CWA has no pension, the IAM Fleet and M&R do, CWA still lost jobs, not all the jobs that left came back, it was still a net loss. And they have to use their own money to fund their retirement.

I knew that it was just a matter of time before you came along to defend the IAM on this topic. We have gone back and forth on this many times in the past. The IAM pension is going to be reduced in the future, so its no longer the golden nugget that you claim it to be. Let's get right to the "facts" here as you like to call them. You don't, and never have worked under or endured the current IAM CBA for the Fleet group. What you dealt with during BK, and the M&R negotiations, don't mean squat to the current situation 7 years later. The CWA Csa group was/is in a far better position than Fleet.
On another note, ZERO IAM jobs have came back, instead more have vanished with continued outsourcing.

The company did reopen a few stations, and yes your fellow fleet ratified the language.

Oh, BS to your broken record response about the fellow fleet. You really are clueless as to just who the "fellows" were. And since the outsourcing blitz of 05 began, ONE station has come back ATL. Of corse that was overshadowed by the 6 others that were lost this year. It was exactly your brainwashed type of mentality that got your union brothers where they are today, nowhere.
Without having a list of stations in front of me, I can say that fleet lost 30, and got one back. On the other hand the CWA currently staffs every single one of them.

And they have to use their own money to fund their retirement.
3% is automatic given by the compay without the employee contributing a dime

The IAM pension fund can be reduce with out membership vote or say

can you retire on 3%?

The answer is no and you have to fund your own retirement.

We have been over this before and you were shown to be wrong.

So if you earn $45,000 a year, 3% is $1,350 good luck on retiring on that.

Keep in mind that the 401K that the CWA have is a continuation of the one that Fleet among others had from 1992 onward.

We have been over this before and you were shown to be wrong.

Wrong about what that the IAM can/did reduce the payout of the IAM pension fund without membership vote or that the CWA US employees get 3% contribution to the of employee’s bi-weekly pay

Since we are on the subject what is the current AFA 401k contribution and what is in the TA

Wrong about what that the IAM can/did reduce the payout of the IAM pension fund without membership vote or that the CWA US employees get 3% contribution to the of employee’s bi-weekly pay
Actually they haven't yet, but it is planned to take place in 2014. My question here is what if we do merge with AA, and become members of the TWU? What would then happen to the IAM plan? Does the TWU have one that it would be rolled over into? If not, I assume that it would be frozen and sit idle until the people in it were eligible to draw off it

Actually they haven't yet, but it is planned to take place in 2014. My question here is what if we do merge with AA, and become members of the TWU? What would then happen to the IAM plan? Does the TWU have one that it would be rolled over into? If not, I assume that it would be frozen and sit idle until the people in it were eligible to draw off it

I would think that a joint negotiations would occur; just as is on-going with America West and US Airways. For example, the f/as currently work under different contracts even though they are the same union. America West contract currently has compensation language that is by far much less than US Airways post bankruptcy concession agreement.
Until a joint agreement can be ratified, they continue you operate under different contracts.

If you merge and don't continue with the IAM pension, it cannot be rolled over. It will sit idle until you are eligible to collect on it.

If the combined group goes IAM the pension stays in effect until a combined CBA and its negotiable.

I'm just about willing to bet that Fleet will be TWU, and Mtc will be all IAM should this merger take place.

Latest posts