Fa Sick Calls

Bob Owens said:
I got a tip that Flight Attendants are calling in sick in record numbers.

Anyone else hear of this?

So it seems that maybe the mechanics are not alone. As the leaders vacilate and accuse, whining over past trespasses, or stay silent, it seems that its up to the workers to take a stand on their own.

Keep the Odds claims the pilots are writing up anything they can imagine.

Another post said that an IAM Crew Chief refused to do struck work.

Now I hear the flight attendants are calling in sick in record numbers.

Seems that the mechanics may have more support than the corporate controlled press, the company and the business unions on the property care to admit.

But where have all the leaders gone.

Perhaps they were never really there in the first place.
[post="291402"][/post]​

I don't know about the IAM, but I heard that so far F/A sick calls are at or below average.

I think the problem here is that those who want NWA to "win" are claiming that on-time, cancellations, etc. are good and getting better, while the people rooting for AMFA say just the opposite. Like in all such cases, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

That being said, I am forced to agree with some of the more "radical" posters that the full effect of the mechanics' strike may not be felt for a while yet. However, Northwest supporters will claim that the current situation is due to a pre-strike slowdown, and that once that's been resolved delays, cancellations, etc. will decrease. I guess the only real truth is that the message depends a lot on the messenger, and only time will tell which side came-out on top.

Regardless, good luck to all. The current economics of the industry are having a brutal effect on everyone.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JS,

IT FIGURES that YOU'D know a lil' something about RUSH BIMBO" !!!
MH/BB's
[post="291665"][/post]​

Let me guess... you think that I am a dittohead. You would be wrong.

I said that Rush is biased, and I really meant it. I agree with him much of the time on issues that aren't politics, but when it comes to his rabid Republican stance of praising Bush like he's the best President this country has ever had (more like the worst), I disagree.

Garfield1966 said:
Like a FA needs a 'reason' to call in sick. If it's a day that ends in 'y' it's a good day to call in sick.
[post="291708"][/post]​
Understand Garfield doesnt get that real people do get sick. Being a crew scheduler It sucks for him because then actually has to look up from the book, take a call and assign a reserve to do the trip. Oh the horror.

JS said:
Let me guess... you think that I am a dittohead. You would be wrong.

I said that Rush is biased, and I really meant it. I agree with him much of the time on issues that aren't politics, but when it comes to his rabid Republican stance of praising Bush like he's the best President this country has ever had (more like the worst), I disagree.
[post="291716"][/post]​

Rush is nothing more than a Republican shill who happens to be a conservative.

If you want real conservative opinions without the political spin, try Michael Savage....

the bottom line is. They are both losing. If the Mechanics vote the way NW wants them to 50% lose thier jobs. If they dont they try to bankrupt an airline and cost everyone their jobs. A lose lose situation.

If AMFA has their way then the likes of the rest of the legacy carriers and LLC will get more passengers and the skies will be a little less crowded. Not wishing for that but some good could come of this one way or another.

oh and Mikey that was a good one look up from his book ha ha ha

that is real good

operaations said:
the bottom line is. They are both losing. If the Mechanics vote the way NW wants them to 50% lose thier jobs. If they dont they try to bankrupt an airline and cost everyone their jobs. A lose lose situation.

oh and Mikey that was a good one look up from his book ha ha ha

that is real good
[post="291906"][/post]​

Actually it's worse than lose-lose for the union. As I understand it NW is asking to eliminate 50% of the mechanics immediately, cut the pay of the rest 25% immediately, then over time eliminate the rest of the mechanics' jobs--i.e, outsource all mechanic positions.

So, it's more like a case of lose your job now or lose your job later. And with the lack of support that the mechanics have gotten from the other unions on property, why should they be concerned that the strike might cause the whole company to fail? I don't have a dog in this hunt, but think about it. There are people out there saying "I'm going to cross your picket line, and I think you should end this strike to save my job even though it will be the end of your job." Well, no. :huh:

operaations said:

[post="291906"][/post]​
Not really, if this did make NWA file and and CW says they were going to shortly anyway. Chapter 11 means reorganization. Yea they could go chapter 7, but I doubt it. UAL and U filing didnt mean the end to everyones job, nor would a filing by NWA management.

You are right there its always a lose situation. But it is the last and final step to protect your job and your career.

FA Mikey said:
Not really, if this did make NWA file and and CW says they were going to shortly anyway. Chapter 11 means reorganization. Yea they could go chapter 7, but I doubt it. UAL and U filing didnt mean the end to everyones job, nor would a filing by NWA management.

You are right there its always a lose situation. But it is the last and final step to protect your job and your career.
[post="291973"][/post]​

The last and final step was gone before the strike. AMFA has fallen off the cliff and will soon be a distant memory.

Latest posts

Back