Final Offer

700UW said:
Are you the moderator now?

I replied to your posting, so I guess you need to take your own advice.

That is right I forgot you volunter to fly the planes back and forth to MAE.

From the FAA:
Airport ID: BFM
Physical Location:
2100 NINTH STREET
BROOKLEY COMPLEX

MOBILE , AL 36615

Certificated Mechanics: 532
Repairmen: 74: No license
Non-Certificated Mechanics: 1173 No license
Total Employees: 1776

And you also said nothing was wrong with 709, and it was grounded to due the Girt Bar attachments missing and covered in PRC at the MED, and the slide rigged wrong.

And you also said you were never gonna post again.

Remember that?
[post="229914"][/post]​
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Go ask the United Pilots about the A320 that they just got from MAE and the nose gear twisted around on landing due to shoddy maintenance.

And the FAA is still at MAE.

A320 Driver said:
It was a mistake for 700 to start this thread. It was a bigger mistake for me to respond to it. This is not the time or place to discuss these issues and nothing good will come of any of this. For my part in this, I am deeply sorry. My goal was to calm fears. The result was quite the opposite. This much is true: A/C 704 was a good ship when she was parked in CLT today. I have no knowledge or clue what happened after that.

I'm placing myself in the cornfield for good. You folks have at it. I've had enough.
Over and out.
[post="136211"][/post]​

A320 Driver said:
700:

You missed your calling. Remind me not to cross sabers with you again.
A320 Driver :p
[post="135456"][/post]​
Guess you did not learn your lesson huh?

A320 Driver said:
Said the same thing at MAE. Stick to the topic. BTW, I am a licensed A & P as well as my other ratings. I do have the knowledge and experience to backup my statements. Maybe more so than yourself. I've maintained em' and I fly em'.

A320 Driver
[post="229913"][/post]​
I also have the KNOWLEDGE first hand of the crap third party puts out, and guess what BUS DRIVER im also a private pilot so big friggin deal!

We can debate this till the cows come home. Won't change a thing. The topic was "Final Offer, IAM to vote on final offer". There has been some pretty good info so far, but we all strayed from the topic. Is the IAM going to put the offer out for a vote or negotiate a settlement? That's what most of us want to know. IMO, the future of U rests solidly on these negotiations. They were late starting and are slow going. Mistakes have been made on BOTH sides. We made the same mistake hoping RJs and SJs would just go away...they didn't. Neither will third party maintenance as long as the cost differential is so massive.

Throwing previous posts up in my face will not change things either. You can either get personal or get real. Frankly, I'd prefer we get real.

A320 Driver

I have been very real and genuine with you on the aspects of third party maintenance, I have seen it up close and personal. as the old saying goes '' YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" will rear its ugly head. go ahead and portray aircraft maintenance as nothing more than a nucisance and big cost disadvantage as the airlines are doing it usually takes loss of life before changes are made. Im sure your familiar with the "TOMBSTONE" phrase tossed around the aviation industry, weve seen before and will see it again!..........." there is nothing new under the sun"

700UW said:
Go ask the United Pilots about the A320 that they just got from MAE and the nose gear twisted around on landing due to shoddy maintenance.

How can that be? United hasn't had any A320's at MAE for quite some time due to a program extension on their S checks. Please elaborate.

The IAM should be negoitating a way to keep the outsourcing inhouse. If it takes 50% less mech and related to keep it inhouse then do it. The mechs left should get paid well for doing a good job, they should also be able to be fired for being lazy!!!!!

And there are plenty of cases where in house licensed mechs have screwed up too....mistakes happen everywhere not just in AL.

In the final analysis,it really does not matter what u employees or management do,the outcome of usair is out of their hands.The demise of this airline now rests with the other carriers.Delta is expanding to current and former usair cities and
with a better product.All rj's and hubs that service many more cities.Next year when jet blue starts emb190 service,i am sure they will blanket the east cost.Air tran will add many new 737's and 717's next year and with midway seemingly
out of the picture,look for new cities.Add to the mix nwa,aa,co which are growing
and the end result will be usair going down in the next few months.And dont forget swa,it appears phl is working well for them and brings usair yields down.
Also all the bad press has fliers looking elsewhere for their travel needs.It all points to what many really have really known deep down,employees,airline analysts,and even management,u cannot survive.

Best wishes to all.

jack mama said:
The IAM should be negoitating a way to keep the outsourcing inhouse. If it takes 50% less mech and related to keep it inhouse then do it. The mechs left should get paid well for doing a good job, they should also be able to be fired for being lazy!!!!!

And there are plenty of cases where in house licensed mechs have screwed up too....mistakes happen everywhere not just in AL.
[post="229933"][/post]​
jack mama, sure human's make mistakes the list of pilot errors are long and mechanics also error but what Im talking about is DELIBERATE PENCIL WHIPPING of maintenance Items that should be addressed, and having personnel who have know clue how to treat corrossion, rig a flight control, service a strut, etc....ANYONE WHO DEFENDS THIRD PARTY MAINTENANCE HAS NEVER WORKED IT!...........................I HAVE :shock:

A320 Driver said:
As an airline pilot with 30 years experience (ATP, CFII, FE, A & P), I can tell you it's not the problem you think it is. I never refered to rushing and tha's not been the case here.

A320 Driver
[post="229898"][/post]​

I don't want "time" to be a factor. Period.

It's either sheer coincidence (not likely) or a trend that several U birds have come out of HMV from Alabama with problems with systems that were worked during the check. Further, this is "faster" and "cheaper" than inhouse (supposedly), and their are many fewer licensed folks down there. That leads one to believe that the pencil whipping and such is running rampant.

Let's look at a few more drivers: it's not as if ST Mobile is going to lose the Airbus work--it's going to go to Alabama until one of the blue and grey birds drops out of the sky and the result is pinned on the HMV. There is no motivation to do the work properly, but there is plenty of motivation to do it "quickly" and "cheaply."

This issue is tangental to ALPA's original and best: schedule with safety. I'll bet I can find a bunch of south american pilots who will happily fly around for 20 hour duty days with 14 of those actual flight time. It's not a good idea, so we don't do it. Same principal.

Further, does one have to look any further than the B1900 that went in at CLT and how/where/why the trim cables (IIRC) were misrigged?

I'm not suggesting that every mech be given carte blanche to drag the rear end on HMV. But the polar other end of the spectrum at the thrid party shops that are not properly supervised (such as the regime that LUV has in place) is dangerous.

As for the suggestion that the IAM-M permit the Airbus outsourcing or not strike over that issue (as I've said/asked before and it's gone unaddressed): would ALPA permit Mesa to fly all the Airbus narrowbodies? Because that's the same impact that it would have on the IAM-M's ranks (the individual who brought it up in this thread has never actually addressed this--it shoots the glaring hole into the middle of his spin).

A320 Driver said:
Throwing previous posts up in my face will not change things either. You can either get personal or get real. Frankly, I'd prefer we get real.

A320 Driver
[post="229923"][/post]​
You may not see the quality difference between a pilot topping at $150,000 and one topping at $90,000 because both numbers are still good living wages in most geographic areas, but I definitely can see the skill and ambition difference between a mechanic who willingly allows his employer to top him at $38,000 and one who will change jobs and possibly industries to make $60,000 +. Most mechanics with good skills will leave. Who does that leave to work on your aircraft?

The IAM has been negotiating since November 2nd, can you can fathom that?

The company is hell bent on outsourcing and laying off 50% of the workforce.

PineyBob:

The IAM knows it has lost the battle and your analogy is very good. You're right, the IAM needs to cut a deal with a "buy out" that protects as many jobs as possible.

I believe that will occur for the Maintenance Trainers and the FSA's.

In regard to the Mechanics and Utility workers, there is reason to believe there has not been much progress. It is possible that a deal could be struck, but I am not as optimistic like I am with the other two IAM units.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
PineyBob:

The IAM knows it has lost the battle and your analogy is very good. You're right, the IAM needs to cut a deal with a "buy out" that protects as many jobs as possible.

I believe that will occur for the Maintenance Trainers and the FSA's.

In regard to the Mechanics and Utility workers, there is reason to believe there has not been much progress. It is possible that a deal could be struck, but I am not as optimistic like I am with the other two IAM units.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="229992"][/post]​

What about Fleet Service?

Back