Final Offer

vc10 said:
Southwest has been outsourcing heavy maintenance its entire existence. Yet no problems. There is nothing wrong,in and of itself, with outsourcing maintenance.
[post="230078"][/post]​
ahhh yes another expert on a subject they have absolutely no clue about. if you indeed stand by your statement you are a LIAR, SOUTHWEST HAS HAD PLENTY OF PROBLEMS why do you suppose they are bringing their work inhouse at an accellerated pace? as of yet SOUTHWEST has not suffered a catastrophic loss of aircraft but some of the mechanics ive talked will also tell you they are doing alot of "REWORK" because of the poor quality and that does not add up to being "COST EFFECTIVE" now does it? i stand by by my statement "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" ;)

TheLazarusman:

It is my understanding the IAM-FSA's are making progress on a new labor accord. In my opinion, the CWA TA could be the framework for a new FSA agreement. The big difference would by the "buy out" and what is the IAM willing to provide for this benefit.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

OK, but we're agreed that there is nothing wrong in-and-of-itself with outsourcing maintenance. It's all how you do it.

700UW said:
And WN has draconian oversight where there maintenance is performed by Goodrich Aviation Does most of their overhaul that is outsourced, not like US who is using a facility in AL owned by a foriegn company with over a 2 to 1 margin of unlicensed to licensed mechanics.
[post="230082"][/post]​

According to the company, they are bringing work inhouse because the larger number of new generation aircraft means less work available for existing Southwest mechs, and they don't want to fire any. That's what the company says. Call them liars, if you must, but there's no reason to call me one.

local 12 proud said:
ahhh yes another expert on a subject they have absolutely no clue about. if you indeed stand by your statement you are a LIAR, SOUTHWEST HAS HAD PLENTY OF PROBLEMS why do you suppose they are bringing their work inhouse at an accellerated pace? as of yet SOUTHWEST has not suffered a catastrophic loss of aircraft but some of the mechanics ive talked will also tell you they are doing alot of "REWORK" because of the poor quality and that does not add up to being "COST EFFECTIVE" now does it? i stand by by my statement "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" ;)
[post="230124"][/post]​

vc10 said:
According to the company, they are bringing work inhouse because the larger number of new generation aircraft means less work available for existing Southwest mechs, and they don't want to fire any. That's what the company says. Call them liars, if you must, but there's no reason to call me one.
[post="230176"][/post]​
sorry ive learned over the years to believe the ones who actually do the work and not the pencil pushers ;) southwest still has aging aircraft issues and i dont believe for one minute that they are only bringing work in house "OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF THEIR HEARTS" I have PERSONALLY talked with several overhaul mechanics in dallas who give first hand eyewittness accounts of the crap they get from outsourcing and the overtime they work because of rework items, and yes i called you a liar if you stood by your statment that "SOUTHWEST HAS'NT HAD ANY PROBLEMS DO TO THIRD PARTY MAINTENACE"!

vc10 said:
OK, but we're agreed that there is nothing wrong in-and-of-itself with outsourcing maintenance. It's all how you do it.
[post="230174"][/post]​
who agreed with you that there is nothing wrong in-and-of-itself with outsourcing maintenace? you seem to just avoid the fact that time constraints and cheap unskilled labor is not an issue. do you really believe this has no direct impact on quality and safety? :blink: history has a way of repeating itself because there are those who choose to forget ;) ....THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN....!

Back