Finally; Non-stops from Dallas to LGA---

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP referenced new hiring at WN.  If WN isn't growing its fleet but it was hiring mechanics anyway, then the issue has nothing to do with the WA and is nothing but swamt's hubris at trying to tout how great the DAL expansion is.

Unless they are firing employees elsewhere or changing their level of outsourcing, the WA has nothing to do with the ability of WN to HIRE new mechanics. 

It might make it possible for them to add more at DAL INSTEAD of at other locations. 

Unless he can actually demonstrate that there really is an increase in system hiring, then his claims are meaningless. 

oh, and a little closer to the topic, DL's schedule from DAL including to LGA is still for sale. 

WN has over 326 planes on order from Boeing, they are growing their fleet, as well as picking up used airplanes, with over 200 options and they are taking 33 new planes this year alone.

700UW said:
WN has over 326 planes on order from Boeing, they are growing their fleet, as well as picking up used airplanes, with over 200 options and they are taking 33 new planes this year alone.
-300s and -500s are exiting the fleet.

Josh

WN's fleet is shrinking this year and they are flying fewer flights on larger gauge aircraft.

Their traffic reports continually bear that out.

They may eventually grow but for now they are cannibalizing their existing route system including the acquired FL network in order to add to DCA, DAL, and LGA. 

The MAX won't even enter service for several years. 

WT shows again he doesn't know what he's talking about. Yes, increased activity at DAL will drive headcount. It's not a shuffling of maintenance like he says- but who really care what he thinks anyways?

Just shows once again that WT  DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!   And I will leave it at that.
WT will look for any avenue to cut down SWA right now, and this is all he has to attack at the moment. SWA will be hiring guys, do not listen to him.  Headcount WILL IN FACT increase at DAL, and in particular, in line maint.  Keep posting WT your ignorance continues to show more and more. 
Even with the 717's going to his beloved Delta (they can have them) the fleet at SWA will in fact be growing over the next 3-5 years. Most all future A/C orders will be some 700's, a bunch of 800's, and the MAX. SWA is also working on numerous used A/C as 700 has stated as well as I have before.  Yes there will be retirements, but, as 700 has also stated, the retirements have been slowed, and they will be used maxed out to help feed the need for the A/C at all the already announced and future announcements coming of the future growth of SWA. 
I still love it how non-employees claim to know more of what is happening inside SWA and what is going to happen.  Keep posting WT, you are looking great, yea right...

Kev3188 said:
Thought you were a fan of fewer flights/larger gauge A/C. What gives?

who said I was against it?  but I don't try to connect two things that have nothing to do with each other.

blue collar said:
WT shows again he doesn't know what he's talking about. Yes, increased activity at DAL will drive headcount. It's not a shuffling of maintenance like he says- but who really care what he thinks anyways?

I'm not doubting what will happen at DAL... that has been a given since 2006 when the WA was revised.

Unless swamt wants to argue that WN wasn't doing maintenance on those aircraft when they overnighted someplace else - even if the work was actually done in other stations because the smaller stations didn't have maintenance capabilities - the maintenance was done somewhere.

This move is not about adding any more system maintenance capability.  It is about SHIFTING It from some stations to DAL. 

When swamt can tell us where WN is cutting maintenance in order to build it at DAL, then we can have a discussion.

WN like other airlines doesn't hire for one station..... once a WN employee, you have employment rights across their system. 

No one has yet to logically show how WN will be hiring

swamt said:
Just shows once again that WT  DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!   And I will leave it at that.
WT will look for any avenue to cut down SWA right now, and this is all he has to attack at the moment. SWA will be hiring guys, do not listen to him.  Headcount WILL IN FACT increase at DAL, and in particular, in line maint.  Keep posting WT your ignorance continues to show more and more. 
Even with the 717's going to his beloved Delta (they can have them) the fleet at SWA will in fact be growing over the next 3-5 years. Most all future A/C orders will be some 700's, a bunch of 800's, and the MAX. SWA is also working on numerous used A/C as 700 has stated as well as I have before.  Yes there will be retirements, but, as 700 has also stated, the retirements have been slowed, and they will be used maxed out to help feed the need for the A/C at all the already announced and future announcements coming of the future growth of SWA. 
I still love it how non-employees claim to know more of what is happening inside SWA and what is going to happen.  Keep posting WT, you are looking great, yea right...

no, I do get it completely.  You are trying to sugar coat a staffing decision that WN is making for its entire system.  Glad you might have a few extra coworkers at DAL but it doesn't change that WN's maintenance staffing is related to their fleet - which for this year is shrinking.  IN the future, it will rise but by that point, WN will have built up DAL to the levels it will likely be given the gate limitations. 

WN isn't hiring because of the fall of the WA.  They are hiring because they, like other airlines, are hiring AMTs anyway.  The WA just means more of them get to work in N. Texas' oppressive heat. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back