Finally; Non-stops from Dallas to LGA---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong again WT!!  SWA is hiring directly due to the W/A going away.  As far as the maint goes, yes it is added maint.  SWA will continue the maint they have at all other stations as new A/C will step in to take over flights as well as most new A/C will in fact be here at LF for new flights and for coast to coast flying.  Quit beating a dead horse WT.  It is added maint, and it is added headcount at LF.  
Just like when SWA hired directly tied to the contract to add 4th line of new heavy maint at LF.  It is the very same issue tied to the W/A going away.  Move onto something else WT, when you have an intelligent post with something that has actually changed at LF then maybe some one will respond, until then I will not...  And no you still do not get it and it is obvious to all...

Who cares? Isn't this a thread about new routes ex-DAL? SWAMT has noted a range of between 5-30 potential AMT new hires as a direct result, and tempered that by saying nothing has been locked in yet. How 'bout we wait until there's something definitive one way or the other to add, and pick it up from there?

...Or you can just keep throwing everything in the mixer and muddying up the water. You know, whatever...

I'm still waiting to hear how recently WT worked in the field.

Maybe that was when he lived in North Texas? Possibly with his brother who worked for AA at DFW?

Old Thread

Dunno. For a month or two, he claimed his brother worked for AA, and then he went all "I hate AA". Seems a bit odd to be so anti-AA when you have a brother working there...

Perhaps he conveniently retired.

my brother still works for AA.... I never worked in the metroplex for any company.

I'm not anti-AA.  I am for truth regardless of who it involves.  you can't seem to accept the fact that AA made some major strategic mistakes in the 10 years that AA's old guard mgmt. team tried to protect AMR stockholder value and all kinds of other airlines including DL decided they would go after AA's key revenue, including at DFW where DL gets a revenue premium in the combined LOCAL market relative to AA for the markets in which AA and DL directly compete. 

You somehow seem to think that AA's 10 years of strategic errors including its decision to cede the right to serve DAL will be swept under the rug as if nothing happened.

History will show that AMR's creditors decision to back the merger even at the cost of giving up AA's entire DCA slot portfolio and access to DAL (which could have helped AA defend itself) will end up as yet one more of the major strategic failures that AA has made.

DL isn't willing to participate in the same strategic failure that AA has made, particularly regarding competing with WN where DL has a very good track record of not only keeping WN in check but also maintaining revenue premiums relative to WN in direct overlap markets. 

Kev3188 said:
Who cares? Isn't this a thread about new routes ex-DAL? SWAMT has noted a range of between 5-30 potential AMT new hires as a direct result, and tempered that by saying nothing has been locked in yet. How 'bout we wait until there's something definitive one way or the other to add, and pick it up from there?

...Or you can just keep throwing everything in the mixer and muddying up the water. You know, whatever...

I thought you decided to leave.... but since you raise the issue, swamt has yet to provide any evidence that the hiring that WN is doing has any correlation to the WA and not just part of the hiring that they otherwise were doing.

He doesn't seem to want to admit it, but WN was hiring mechanics long before they won new routes from DAL.

WorldTraveler said:
History will show that AMR's creditors decision to back the merger even at the cost of giving up AA's entire DCA slot portfolio and access to DAL (which could have helped AA defend itself) will end up as yet one more of the major strategic failures that AA has made.

WT has spoken and so it shall be. :lol:

American, and every other airline should just file Chapter 7 now since no one can possible compete against Delta

Hey WT, for the last year SWA has hired 96 new hire mechanics for the past year.  This does not include mechanics brought into the apprentice program and graduate to A&P mechanic.  The prior year SWA hired many new hire mechanics which resulted in 120-150 for the 4th line that was added to Dal LF maint.  These numbers for the 4th line have nothing to do with other new mechanics hired at other stations as they were for the past 5 years.  Why do you ask WT?

SWA, to this date has not won any new routes out of Dallas WT.  Therefore SWA was never hiring mechanics before adding flights to Dallas.  Get a freakin clue dude.  You are looking like such an a$$ it's almost embarrassing.  Good god just stop the postings WT.  SWA has been hiring mechanics for a pretty good time now, and always has even thru the hard times. Has Delta been hiring mechanics during this entire time?  Who cares!!  Where are you going with this crap???

swamt said:
Hey WT, for the last year SWA has hired 96 new hire mechanics for the past year.  This does not include mechanics brought into the apprentice program and graduate to A&P mechanic.  The prior year SWA hired many new hire mechanics which resulted in 120-150 for the 4th line that was added to Dal LF maint.  These numbers for the 4th line have nothing to do with other new mechanics hired at other stations as they were for the past 5 years.  Why do you ask WT?

thank you... because WN has been adding mechanics even with the FL merger - which brought " new"  mechanics to WN.

WN is SHIFTING RESOURCES to DAL but they have been adding mechanics anyway.  I am glad that WN is growing in Texas but don't try to paint the fall of the WA as some great opportunity that WN never had.  WN has long been a growth-oriented company and will continue to do that.  The WA is part of that growth for this year but it is coming at the cost of other cities and routes because WN simply has to get rid of lower margin routes which WN started years ago and no longer work and because FL's network was a lower cost operation than WN's.

WN was going to have to cut in those areas before - the WA and the slot deal is simply forcing WN to move those cuts forward and to use the excuse of the new opportunities as justification to cut what otherwise would have been cut anyway.

Assets are shifting on WN's network and will do so even more going into 2015 when the number of aircraft in the fleet will grow and as WN shifts growth to Latin America and the Caribbean.

I'll give credit to WN where they deserve it... but don't attribute something to them which they aren't really doing.  They have been hiring mechanics and will continue to do so - because WN has long been focused on growth and will continue to be.  This year it is predominantly revenue growth using the same amount of capacity.  The fact that WN can reallocate its assets to produce greater growth is a testament to their mgmt.  not because they are adding capacity which dictates more employees. 

plateSpinner.png

WT,  Before the 4th line no one has been hired in Dal for many, many years.  And no one has been hired in Dallas since.  Since you want to hear this put another way I will.  Do to the increase in flights and overnighters at LF SWA will be hiring mechanics for Dallas once again.  The only reason there is an increase in flights and Overnighters is directly tied to the W/A going away.

WT said,  "... how many new hire WN mechanics has hired over the past year?"

WT, when you say that WN is outsoursing, what does Delta do with  Express Jet, Chautaqua, Compass, GoJet, Endeaver, Shuttle America and Skywest?  How many employee's were not hired by Delta because of Delta outsourcing to these carriers?  Does WN outsourse any flying?

By the way, I have many friends that used to work as ramp agents for Delta.  They don't have jobs because the great and mighty Delta outsourced their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back