FINANCIAL RESULTS

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-airways-reports-first-quarter-financial-results-2012-04-25

In line with what SWA did, wouldn't you say?

I haven't looked at Southwest's results. Did they also have some one time events factored in? Maybe you already know all this but ,our operating net income (flying planes) was actually a loss of something like $22 million. Our one time event (DAL swap) brought in around $60 million, hence our overall net profit. I'm not saying the results are bad, just not stellar. Maybe someday.....

Bean

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't looked at Southwest's results. Did they also have some one time events factored in? Maybe you already know all this but ,our operating net income (flying planes) was actually a loss of something like $22 million. Our one time event (DAL swap) brought in around $60 million, hence our overall net profit. I'm not saying the results are bad, just not stellar. Maybe someday.....

Bean

I didn't look as WN's performance either. Like you said, good results not great and frankly in for Q1 I think the result is just fine. Q2 & 3 will tell the tale for US.

I didn't look as WN's performance either. Like you said, good results not great and frankly in for Q1 I think the result is just fine. Q2 & 3 will tell the tale for US.
We're estimated to make a profit of around $400M for 2012. Had we had 2011Q1 fuel prices for this quarter, we would have made about $100M. Fuel costs are, obviously, putting a hurt on everyone.

As for SWA:

Gary C. Kelly

Thank you, Marcy, and thanks, everybody, for joining us this morning. We'll jump right in here.

We -- while we had a modest operating profit of $10 million, we had a net loss of $18 million, excluding items first quarter. Better than estimates, it represents a $38 million swing from last year's modest net profit. So comparing to combined with AirTran results from a year ago, our fuel bill was up about $216 million on essentially a flat capacity, and that was the challenge that we had to overcome and with revenues. Our revenue performance was strong. We were up almost 6% on a combined basis year-over-year.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/512271-southwest-airlines-ceo-discusses-q1-2012-results-earnings-call-transcript

And all in one place:

US: operating profit = $59 million, WN: operating profit = $22 million
US: net profit = $48 million, WN: net profit = $98 million
US: net profit ex-special items = ($22 million), WN: net profit ex-special items = ($18 million)

Source: US - Earnings Explained US News Now, WN - SEC filing

Jim

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts