First Paycheck for 2013 less than 2012

Would you rather have Payroll have to take out make-up deductions later had no agreement been reached?

Seems to me they took the worst-case approach and followed the law as it was written on 12/31/2012.

Would you rather have Payroll have to take out make-up deductions later had no agreement been reached?

Seems to me they took the worst-case approach and followed the law as it was written on 12/31/2012.
Come on Eric, by now you know that the logical view does not allow us to express our emotions and disdain for management. You always spoil the pity party with some form of logic. LOL

Would rather that they explain what they are doing and why on the bottom of the statement.

They made some comment about it a few days before the end of the year on jetnet.

Illegal immigrants (or "undocumented" immigrants, depending on your point of view) can come from any country around the world. All you have to do is come from a visa waiver country or go thru the hassle of obtaining a visa, enter the USA (saying you're a tourist) and then over-stay your visa. Unlike most all other countries in the world, the USA doesn't check to see that everyone left on time. We don't check anyone's passport on the way out. Here in the LA area, I have acquaintances who overstayed their permitted tourist time and are thus undocumented immigrants, no different than the ones who walked across the border at San Ysidro (Tijuana border w/San Diego) or those who sneaked across the southern border (CA, AZ, NM or TX).

I think your country turns a blind eye to illegals. They wouldn't be doing what they do, if there wasn't a way to do it on the grapevine. As I said, I'm sure exceptions will come up. There are people that are actually in the business of smuggling illegals into this country. Read my other coming responses to see what I am talking about.

I didn't know that tourists needed visa, unless you mean from questionable countries. If we want to get into the whole matter of your country and illegals, I remember a few years ago one of those news tabloids(20/20, Dateline, etc), can't remember precisely which one, talked about a Mexican border state that would bus in Mexican children to their schools for school ade. After class the kids were bused back to Mexico.

Guess you arent Italian. Now the term "wetback' is applied to people who are assumed to be illegal aliens, a geration ago they used the term "wop" toward Italians who simply showed up on our shores without documentation even though the governement used the letters to identify anyone who showed up at Ellis Island With Out Papers.

Well people have been going Global for centuries, not about to stop it now.

Ellis Island hasn't been in business for at least 100 years. I doubt they had any type of security, so many people that went aboard to say good-bye to relatives decided to become stowaways. I on the other hand had to procure a permanent visa and a green card.

Yes, global has been around for centuries, and the reason the American workforce was earning high wages was that there was no real competition. Now with the tearing down of the wall and NAFTA, we won't have to worry about the illegals. The illegals will go back to their own countries because that's where the money and the jobs are. Mexico's GDP may be behind us, but it is gaining alot more than our GDP. Careful how you treat immigrants, because we might be crossing the border as illegals!

We have a lot of illegal Chinese here in large numbers.

Yes, because there are smugglers that will bring them over. Funny that most illegals pay a lot more to be smuggled than they would pay if they came by legal means. I read an article once about an illegal Venezualan that paid $20,000 to get smuggled into the US. Unfortunately the only ones who can vouch for you if you want to come here legally, are probably illegals themselves.

Oh this ought to be good. Define how I am a hypocrite. This should be very entertaining.

Well get ready to split a gut.
1) I was being sarcastic.
2) I was trying to point out that some people aren't entitled to basic benefits.
3) I wasn't talking to you nor was it directly about you.

Enjoy :rolleyes:

Yes, because there are smugglers that will bring them over. Funny that most illegals pay a lot more to be smuggled than they would pay if they came by legal means. I read an article once about an illegal Venezualan that paid $20,000 to get smuggled into the US. Unfortunately the only ones who can vouch for you if you want to come here legally, are probably illegals themselves.
I know this is way off topic but interesting..... The L.A. Times had a story today about pregnant Chinese women coming to the United States to have thier baby so the babies are American citizens! There are several "Businesses" that have sprung up in California that offer this to the women in China, Taiwan and Korea. They pay these people and come over on a vacation visa when they are about 7 months pregnant and they are given a place to stay like a hotel and it also seconds as a birthing center. These women want thier kids to have access to American universities and also social programs. Nice huh? If you spit out a kid on U.S. soil the kid is an automatic citizen. This anitquated amendment needs to be removed from the constitution but congress can't even get a decent budget passed.
Here is the link: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-birthing-centers-20130104,0,2984889,full.story

As a matter of fact, it is still on the front page of Jetnet for all to see. It has even been updated recently. I think it said 1-2-13. If you don't read what AA provides for you, then that is your fault. Not AA's. I disagree with a lot of things they do, this is not their fault. By the way, most every major national and I would imagine local news covered this as well. Is it their fault some people don't read the paper or keep up with the news? I think not. Enjoy the last 2 years of a pay increase and move on. Nothing else to see here.

Ellis Island hasn't been in business for at least 100 years. I doubt they had any type of security, so many people that went aboard to say good-bye to relatives decided to become stowaways. I on the other hand had to procure a permanent visa and a green card.

Ellis island was still processing immigrants until 1954. There were no restrictions on immigrants until 1921. Basically you showed up there, and you were allowed to come into America. Don't know where you got that it hasn't been in business for 100 years...

Well get ready to split a gut.
1) I was being sarcastic.
2) I was trying to point out that some people aren't entitled to basic benefits.
3) I wasn't talking to you nor was it directly about you.

Enjoy :rolleyes:

You quoting this comment
It is ironic that La li Lu.....claims to be so against social programs while enjoying the benefits of one. It is people like La le lu... that is supposed to help.
Followed by this comment
Yeah it is really funny when others are hypocrites.
Led me to believe that comment was directed toward me. If it was not apologies.

Reactions: 1 person