First Paycheck for 2013 less than 2012

[quote name='OldGuy@AA' timestamp='1357343122' post='964497']
I know this is way off topic but interesting..... The L.A. Times had a story today about pregnant Chinese women coming to the United States to have thier baby so the babies are American citizens! There are several "Businesses" that have sprung up in California that offer this to the women in China, Taiwan and Korea. They pay these people and come over on a vacation visa when they are about 7 months pregnant and they are given a place to stay like a hotel and it also seconds as a birthing center. These women want thier kids to have access to American universities and also social programs. Nice huh? If you spit out a kid on U.S. soil the kid is an automatic citizen. This anitquated amendment needs to be removed from the constitution but congress can't even get a decent budget passed. [/quote]

OLDGuy@AA I saw that story months ago. What did you expect of of California the center of the liberal movement.

Reactions: 1 person
That was also happening fairly frequently in not-so-liberal Texas, with women coming over from Mexico. "Anchor babies" aren't exactly a recent development...

No anchor babies are a new thing, but I don't remember anyone going into business by selling American citizenship for your baby. Apparently they don't even try to hide it.

You have a good point Kev3188.

I thought some might find this interesting
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2010/08/11/unauthorized-immigrants-and-their-us-born-children/
http://www.cis.org/birthright-citizenship

Part of the second website.
In California, three Chinese-owned “baby care centers” offer expectant mothers a place to give birth to an American citizen for a fee of $14,750, which includes shopping and sightseeing trips. For a $35 daily fee, television, internet, and three meals are provided. “We don’t encourage moms to break the law — just to take advantage of it,” explains Robert Zhou, the agency’s owner. Zhou says that he and his wife have helped up to 600 women give birth in the United States within the last five years. In fact, they started the business after traveling to the United States to have a child of their own. Zhou explains that the number of agencies like his has soared in the past five years.

As a matter of fact, it is still on the front page of Jetnet for all to see. It has even been updated recently. I think it said 1-2-13. If you don't read what AA provides for you, then that is your fault. Not AA's. I disagree with a lot of things they do, this is not their fault. By the way, most every major national and I would imagine local news covered this as well. Is it their fault some people don't read the paper or keep up with the news? I think not. Enjoy the last 2 years of a pay increase and move on. Nothing else to see here.

It should have been on the check, who wants to read Jetnet and subject themselves to corporate propaganda on a daily basis? You?

http://www.pewhispan...-born-children/
http://www.cis.org/b...ght-citizenship

In California, three Chinese-owned “baby care centers” offer expectant mothers a place to give birth to an American citizen for a fee of $14,750, which includes shopping and sightseeing trips. For a $35 daily fee, television, internet, and three meals are provided. “We don’t encourage moms to break the law — just to take advantage of it,” explains Robert Zhou, the agency’s owner. Zhou says that he and his wife have helped up to 600 women give birth in the United States within the last five years. In fact, they started the business after traveling to the United States to have a child of their own. Zhou explains that the number of agencies like his has soared in the past five years.

Typical..

Blame the Anchor babaies for the fact that AA screwed you. Its so much easier to take on the defensless than the oppressors.

http://www.pewhispan...-born-children/
http://www.cis.org/b...ght-citizenship

35 bucks seem a little low for the daily rate - but then I guess w/ 14750 they want the money up front - surprise, surprise.

Note that the mother had to meet visa requirements in order to get into the US in the first place and it is not easy to get a visa if you are not middle class or higher in a non-visa waiver country. And I'm not sure what the market is for this kind of service for citizens of visa waiver countries.

I'm struggling also, Bob, to see the connection between anchor babies and the change in tax rates and thus take home pay for AA employees.

That was also happening fairly frequently in not-so-liberal Texas, with women coming over from Mexico. "Anchor babies" aren't exactly a recent development...

Nope. Fortunately, two of my kids were born in Texas, just in case they do decide to follow thru with secession...

It should have been on the check, who wants to read Jetnet and subject themselves to corporate propaganda on a daily basis? You?

I thought AA went to 100% direct deposit? Either way, physical paychecks and paystubs are usually printed about a week in advance so they can be sent to the field stations.

If AA were to prognosticate on every possible permutation of a change in law on your pay stub, it would be ths size of the Queens Yellow Pages....

I'm struggling also, Bob, to see the connection between anchor babies and the change in tax rates and thus take home pay for AA employees.

It's the typical thread drift here. Can't argue the original b!tch & moan topic, so the perpetually bitter move onto one of several red herring topics...

Bob, don't know about you, but to get my check. I have to go to Jetnet to get it. Thus, yes, you do need to wade through the propaganda to get it. That is precisely how I noticed the message. I usually ignore everything on there. As well as the soon to be defunct Jetmail messages.

Ellis island was still processing immigrants until 1954. There were no restrictions on immigrants until 1921. Basically you showed up there, and you were allowed to come into America. Don't know where you got that it hasn't been in business for 100 years...

Point taken.