Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

So this means ...the pilots :pwere flying it wondering why they can't use some sensor? This is good "food for thought" to speculate how this could happen. Someone rammed some equipment downstairs and didn't say a thing? Could they not notice a bird hitting it? Now a lightning couldn't have struck that without them having a heart attack (meaning scaring them to death)

Well next round I'm gonna vote for anything out of DTW... like hydrolics. That seems to be a common thing they can't fix in DTW. They'll say its good and we'll just divert.

Kevin...... B) BTW, nice weather over here........ very pretty ....I was just enjoying the weather.

Aight, FlyJoe wins the latest round with BNA...

I'll take SAT for this one...

Jenny-- It sure was nice earlier here in the 'hood, and now we're being treated to a fantastic lightning show! :)

:D

Today (7/08) the FAA says it wasn't a bird since it was reported at FL180, too high up to be a bird. They don't know what it was, however. Perhaps it was Batman? Superman?

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080708/plane_damaged.html?.v=1
Several birds fly that high. The record holder was a Ruppell's griffon that was sucked into a jet engine 37,900 feet on November 29, 1975.
Geese and swans are often seen above 27,000 feet during their migrations.
A mallard collided with an airplane above Elko, Nevada on July 9, 1963, at 21,000 feet.

Reference

Bird Strick my A$$.....

Where's the feathers, blood etc. I've seen lots of bird stricks, but none from a stealth bird!

I'm betting a catering truck at the origin station may have a little extra paint on it.

A NWA DC-9 is at ABE getting a new engine replacement. Not sure what happened as the plane was already at the airport. When I got to work at 330p, the plane was by the old tower and freight house. a crane was brought in, but the number 2 engine was not taken off until tonight. When I left at 1110p, the plane was minus one engine. I dont know the a/c number or flight or where it came from or heading to

also according to www.examiner.com/topic-Airlines.html there is an article that a NWA DC-9 returned back to Minot Airport after "some minor mechanical issues"

Back