Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25646948/

NWA Jet Experiences Mechanical Difficulties

KBJR-TV
updated 1 hour, 9 minutes ago

A Northwest Airlines jet that took off from Minot, North Dakota, en route to Minneapolis-St. Paul returned to the Minot airport after experiencing what the airline said was a minor mechanical issue. The D-C-NINE with 76 passengers and four crew members landed safely Friday morning. Passengers were rebooked on other flights. A Northwest spokeswoman said other details were not immediately available, including what the mechanical problem was and how far from Minot the plane was before it turned back.

BTW, anyone have any idea what round we're on?!

Kev, I lost count over a year ago... :rolleyes:

My next pick will be PDX.

Just to recap:

Round "99" current picks:

Kev: GFK

Purdue Pete: The best city in the world (aka PDX)

Ground Control: EWR

Robbed: MDT

I can't believe this thread is over 2 years old! :shock:

Just to recap:

Round "99" current picks:

Kev: GFK

Purdue Pete: The best city in the world (aka PDX)

Ground Control: EWR

Robbed: MDT

I can't believe this thread is over 2 years old! :shock:
i heard that the DC-9 at abe came in either wed or thurs with a blown number 2 engine. the new engine was actually put onto the aircraft today. th eold one was taken off last nite or the nite before. the plane is still in abe. Does anyone know what happened to it? And with this thread continuing more than 2 yrs later, it is a nowonder that NWA remains the unsafest airline. just look at what they got for maintaince--NON PROFESSIONAL people who cant do much but pencil whip a log book!!!!!! :up: :rolleyes:

A few weeks ago a NW DC-9 was grounded while a mechanic...they had to fly in from JFK because the real scab outfit(not Air Wisconsin) didn't have the brain power to work on it, apparently. Anyway the ac was late taking off after spending the night.

The wheelwell doors were open and on the ground and an initial rumor was that it lost pressure. Since nothing official was announced, it is speculative.

well, today a NWA 757 had an engine fail during a flight from TPA to DTW and made an emergency landing at DAY interrupting an airshow for about an hr and a half or so. I dont know who won this round. Its just amazin how NWA doesnt have any mechanics yet NWA continues to shell out dough for emergency landing fees pax rebooking etc

Here's another link to the latest emergency landing...

NWA Buses Passengers To DTW After Emergency Landing

Northwest spokeswoman Leslie Parker said Northwest flight 491 had 182 passengers and six crew members aboard. "The airplane experienced a computer failure in one of the engines," she said. "As a precaution, the engine was shut down. But a Boeing 757 can safely land with one engine."

My pick for the next round will be SAT.

Today's "event" was in MSN.

Extra points to NWA's "orange sticker squad" for this: :down: :down: :down:

"She says pressure in the cabin dropped but the emergency masks that should drop down when pressure is lost at high altitudes did not deploy. "

I'll go with SDF for my next one.

Hurry and get your picks in; you never know when a round can end!

Back