Gun Threads - Merged

delldude said:
I never heard of playgrounds....I thought ambulance chasers fixed that concept.
They still exist; think no metal slides, and lots of rubberized infill...

Parents have no input to a school having armed security.
Sure they do; they're the ones ostensibly paying for it.

Kev3188 said:
When someone's "protecting themselves" puts me or my kids in the line of fire, all bets are off.
If you weren't so consumed with trolling, you would've realized I'm not calling for any sort of restriction on responsible gun ownership/usage. At all.
So what's your plan to remove the threat once a shooter visits your kids school?

You'd be surprised by how many people you cross on a daily basis (outside work) who carry, and you don't even know it.

If you did you'd probably faint.

And then:

Officer Is Attacked and Then Surrounded by ’40 or 50′ Teenagers. But Just When It Looks Like the Cop Is ‘Dead Meat,’ a Gun Owner Opens His Front Door.
Fortunately for the outnumbered cop, a resident who lives on the block emerged from his house holding a gun and telling the teens to stop.

The surrounded officer suffered hand injuries, the outlet said — but Chitwood said it could have been a lot worse, noting that if the ”good Samaritan” resident hadn’t stepped up, the officer would have been “dead meat.”
The gun owner, 35, is a concealed-carry permit holder, Chitwood added to the outlet, and he put a lid on the rumbling teens until other officers got there and took control.

Food for thought...
B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
Even when faced with the many instances a shooter was neutralized by an armed civilian, they just can't accept it as a reality.

The best and only solution for threat coming at you or your family is to take it out first.

townpete said:
So what's your plan to remove the threat once a shooter visits your kids school?
You'd be surprised by how many people you cross on a daily basis (outside work) who carry, and you don't even know it.
If you did you'd probably faint.
Why are you so focused on being reactive?

The focus should be on stopping that visit from ever occurring in the first place.

Kev3188 said:
The focus should be on stopping that visit from ever occurring in the first place.
So again i ask for the hundredth time: how do stop the evil in people's minds?

You had gun free zones to prevent people bringing guns on property.

Why didn't that work?

Adam Lanza never purchased the guns used. Not even using the mythical "gun show loophole".

He broke dozens of laws that day.

So what specifically would have stopped the kid from snapping?

Kev3188 said:

I agree with you Kev.
Question is, what do we do?
I don't have an easy answer to such a complicated dilemma.

Bad guys are going to get weapons regardless of our silly laws, that's what they do.

He11 we can't stop illegal drug trade, sex trafficking, or illegal gun trafficking.

IIRC, when I flew through CDG in the 90's, I was impressed with the military presence.
ParaMilitary everywhere, loaded machine-guns and these folks where watching everyone.
Same with ORLY.

Maybe that's why the terrorists keep away from the airports.

JMPO
B) xUT

Reactions: 3 people
Dog Wonder said:

First, they were not just willing to talk but also willing to listen. There was a simple reason for their openness: They are no more immune from the pain of suicide than anyone else.

Second, I learned why the NRA had never focused its gun safety programs on suicide prevention. Like most of our society, it had bought into the myth that if someone wants to kill him or herself, there’s nothing you can do about it. But the opposite is true: Suicide is our nation’s most preventable cause of death when the right resources and services are in place.
Once we got past that misconception, the NRA and Second Amendment Foundation became active participants in a year-long conversation about reducing the number of suicides by firearm in Washington state. With the leadership of state Rep. Tina Orwall (D), we formed a working group that included gun rights advocates, public-health experts and individuals who have been affected by suicide.

Suicide is preventable, but your linking it to a NRA  issue is bullcrap., Dog Wonder

Reactions: 1 person
delldude said:
First, they were not just willing to talk but also willing to listen. There was a simple reason for their openness: They are no more immune from the pain of suicide than anyone else.

Second, I learned why the NRA had never focused its gun safety programs on suicide prevention. Like most of our society, it had bought into the myth that if someone wants to kill him or herself, there’s nothing you can do about it. But the opposite is true: Suicide is our nation’s most preventable cause of death when the right resources and services are in place.
Once we got past that misconception, the NRA and Second Amendment Foundation became active participants in a year-long conversation about reducing the number of suicides by firearm in Washington state. With the leadership of state Rep. Tina Orwall (D), we formed a working group that included gun rights advocates, public-health experts and individuals who have been affected by suicide.

Suicide is preventable, but your linking it to a NRA  issue is bullcrap., Dog Wonder
Liberal's have no concept of personal responsibility.

When someone does something bad it's not their fault. It's others, or society or etc.

You're right. All bull crap.

Latest posts