Here comes the BK threat from the company

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that breast enlargements and tummy tucks aren't covered, but does AA also fund bariatric/gastric bypass surgery, or lyposuction? Obesity is more of a life threatening problem than disagreeing with the plumbing you were born with...

How about abortions? Are they covered procedures?

I am not against people being able to use sick time for elective surgical procedures, but using company funds for them is another issue, especially when the company is losing money...

The money spent on one sex change could fund one new hire for a year, or pay for a year of one or two retiree's pensions. And that doesn't even consider the lost time impact or the other stuff like prescription drug coverage.

Obesity may well be a life threatening issue should a person "grow" enough but again - it's an issue of political correctness vs: common sense - PC will always win - those with an overabundance of poundage (like me) can go to hell because obesity seemingly makes an individual less than human.

Obesity isn't covered by any federal "hate" statute and, therefore, has no standiing in the grand scheme of things. People can't stand it when they haven't anything to hate about another person - obesity has to remain unprotected for this very reason, ie, to legitimately continue a quality that everyone can hate and get away with it - something has to exist to allow some to be better than others or the very fabric of "society" will fall apart.

Over the years, AA has run afoul of numerous government PC rules and overreacted severely with "training", termination of really good people that shouldn't have been fired and many other things that in a sane world would never have happened nor have been tolerated.

I'm afraid "we ain't seen nothin' yet ..." - how about a cupful of Soylent Green?

Reactions: 1 person
I'd rather fund 100 sex change ops by getting rid of some of the dead beats at this company !!!I forgot theTWU would be out of business then.
I'll get a sex change if we can get rid of the twu!!

I'll be gay though.

I know that breast enlargements and tummy tucks aren't covered, but does AA also fund bariatric/gastric bypass surgery, or lyposuction? Obesity is more of a life threatening problem than disagreeing with the plumbing you were born with...

How about abortions? Are they covered procedures?

I am not against people being able to use sick time for elective surgical procedures, but using company funds for them is another issue, especially when the company is losing money...

The money spent on one sex change could fund one new hire for a year, or pay for a year of one or two retiree's pensions. And that doesn't even consider the lost time impact or the other stuff like prescription drug coverage.

I wonder which employee is more expensive to the company. A single employee that gets a gender change operation; or
a marry employee with four kids all in American airlines insurance.

I know that breast enlargements and tummy tucks aren't covered, but does AA also fund bariatric/gastric bypass surgery, or lyposuction? Obesity is more of a life threatening problem than disagreeing with the plumbing you were born
I believe that gastric bypass surgery is covered if someone is morbidly obese.

I agree Eric, and I'm almost positive that the twu has the highest health care costs out of the three unions. If we are self insured, I guess we all have to pay for Mike's conversion to be Michelle, but the twu contributes a little more.
I'm not almost positive, I'm absolutely certain there's an obscene difference in the TWU's premiums compared to the other groups. As Bob has pointed out several times, it's due to the removal of the pilot cap we used to have. As I've said before, we should demand the pilot cap back, among other things, or no deal.

I'm not almost positive, I'm absolutely certain there's an obscene difference in the TWU's premiums compared to the other groups. As Bob has pointed out several times, it's due to the removal of the pilot cap we used to have. As I've said before, we should demand the pilot cap back, among other things, or no deal.
There's a little more to it. We pay so much, way, way more then inflation, because the company has us subsidize what they provide the pilots and fa's. My medical went up around 600% since 2003. AA made a profit providing mr medical last year as my premiums outpaced my claims by a wide margin.

I agree Eric, and I'm almost positive that the twu has the highest health care costs out of the three unions. If we are self insured, I guess we all have to pay for Mike's conversion to be Michelle, but the twu contributes a little more.

Just like Michael/Michelle has to pay for Odie01 husband/wife and four kids.
Same concept!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.