Here comes the BK threat from the company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong, Frank. AA is self-funded. The only thing that UHC does is process the payments.

Every dollar of health care claims paid out for individuals covered by AMR's health plans gets paid out of AMR's pocket (other than copays, of course).

Hmmmmm.

Wonder if I can tell AA I want to switch to a chick, but will take $10,000 cash not to go through with it.

I get the cash and some manager can get a plaque for saving the company $65,000. :blink:

Wrong, Frank. AA is self-funded. The only thing that UHC does is process the payments.

Every dollar of health care claims paid out for individuals covered by AMR's health plans gets paid out of AMR's pocket (other than copays, of course).
SNIVLERS ! Bitchin about someone else's healthcare benefit UNBELIEABLE !!

I forgot that, E - you're right - AA is ASO.

I've been in a HMO (total bypass of the company and associated BS) that's offered at TUL for years and completely forgot about how this all works even though the wife work in the field.

SNIVLERS ! Bitchin about someone else's healthcare benefit UNBELIEABLE !!
That depends on how you care to look at it, Red. There are many different opinions.

Some feel being able to change gender on a whim is the best thing since sliced bread. Some consider it everything from immoral to satanic to weird to perverted, etc. and et al.

Personally, I think if the company wants to pay for body modifications such as this, I think they ought to be paying for tattoos, studs, and other goodies like that also. Modifications are just that.

There's this really cool artwork by Anne Stokes I like to get tatted on my ...

I'm not bitching about a thing - simply staying amused.

At least people like FWAAA have the good sense to stop arguing when they know they can't counter the point being made.

I'm fairly certain that there's no reason for you to post my username in any of your posts either in a complimentary manner or, in this case, a disparaging manner. Disussing the topic does not require that you discuss me.

Don't do it again. Am I clear?

I'm fairly certain that there's no reason for you to post my username in any of your posts either in a complimentary manner or, in this case, a disparaging manner. Disussing the topic does not require that you discuss me.

Don't do it again. Am I clear?
Yeah...WT...don't do it again. Am I clear ???

I don't need to go to a gay bashing website because between you and Vortilon this one has become one in itself.

Nobody is being bashed. Just pointing out that a certain group at AA is being afforded coverage for cosmetic surgery. It is unfair to the rest of the employees.....end of story! Nice try on the gay victimization BS though.

You do realize the two quotes are from two different posts? So it is ok if I challenge someone else but certainly not you?
but we have important issues to discuss about the future of AA and its employees... surely you have a pertinent thought on the subject.
Yes I work for the company....

Nobody is being bashed. Just pointing out that a certain group at AA is being afforded coverage for cosmetic surgery. It is unfair to the rest of the employees.....end of story! Nice try on the gay victimization BS though.

I know that breast enlargements and tummy tucks aren't covered, but does AA also fund bariatric/gastric bypass surgery, or lyposuction? Obesity is more of a life threatening problem than disagreeing with the plumbing you were born with...

How about abortions? Are they covered procedures?

I am not against people being able to use sick time for elective surgical procedures, but using company funds for them is another issue, especially when the company is losing money...

The money spent on one sex change could fund one new hire for a year, or pay for a year of one or two retiree's pensions. And that doesn't even consider the lost time impact or the other stuff like prescription drug coverage.

I know that breast enlargements and tummy tucks aren't covered, but does AA also fund bariatric/gastric bypass surgery, or lyposuction? Obesity is more of a life threatening problem than disagreeing with the plumbing you were born with...

I am not against people being able to use sick time for elective surgical procedures, but using company funds for them is another issue, especially when the company is losing money...

The money spent on one sex change could fund one new hire for a year, or pay for a year of one or two retiree's pensions. And that doesn't even consider the lost time impact or the other stuff like prescription drug coverage.
I agree Eric, and I'm almost positive that the twu has the highest health care costs out of the three unions. If we are self insured, I guess we all have to pay for Mike's conversion to be Michelle, but the twu contributes a little more.

I'd rather fund 100 sex change ops by getting rid of some of the dead beats at this company !!!I forgot theTWU would be out of business then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back