HERE COMES THE LAYOFFS

Its hard to say cause its lumped up as Mechanic AND Related. And Fleet Service and related. So when you have different title groups you would need numbers broken down better to get numbers.

I'm hearing that after the layoff and eventually when they start to recall mechanics and fleet service all the AA employees have to be recalled before they can recall exTWA? Is this true

I'm hearing that after the layoff and eventually when they start to recall mechanics and fleet service all the AA employees have to be recalled before they can recall exTWA? Is this true
I think these layoffs are permanent. The recall right clause will be removed from new TA. Scary!!!!

Its hard to say cause its lumped up as Mechanic AND Related. And Fleet Service and related. So when you have different title groups you would need numbers broken down better to get numbers.
Well in Tulsa they said 2100 to 2800 lay offs there are a total of apx 400 fac. maint 500 some OSM's and as far as stores the number system wide is 275 but 240 are in AFW so the rest will be mechanics. I did the numbers of just 1000 mechanics at tulsa it goes to jan 1996 but i see that as going deeper

At this time there are no 737's being worked in 3,4,5,6 or 7.
True, but you make it sound like hanger 1&2 will be the only hangers with airframes.
It will be years before all the md-80's (hanger 3&4) go away. Then they will probably get modded to fit a 737

True, but you make it sound like hanger 1&2 will be the only hangers with airframes.
It will be years before all the md-80's (hanger 3&4) go away. Then they will probably get modded to fit a 737
That was not my intent. I realize that maintenance will be drawn down over time.

Hey guys. Southwest just posted mechanic positions on Southwest .com for PHX and OAK. Get in the door now for future hiring for the 4th line in DAL later. Good luck to all you guys!!

Hey guys. Southwest just posted mechanic positions on Southwest .com for PHX and OAK. Get in the door now for future hiring for the 4th line in DAL later. Good luck to all you guys!!
Any word on ISP or LGA? They would get the pick of the litter there. AA has over 400 mechanics in the area and better than 90% would dump AA and go the SWA if they hired them, the other 10% are looking to retire.

Any word on ISP or LGA? They would get the pick of the litter there. AA has over 400 mechanics in the area and better than 90% would dump AA and go the SWA if they hired them, the other 10% are looking to retire.
Hey Bob is AA going to lose a lot of AMT's in NY. I have a lot of AA friends at LGA and JFK. In your opinion what will be the junior seniority in NY after all is said and done?

this supposed to of came out of ord that some b checks going to be done in denver from the old united hanger dont no if that true maybe some ord guys/gals can clarify

link for SWA application http://www.southwest.com/html/about-southwest/careers/positions.html

where do I sign?

Looks like SWA has removed the postings. I'm telling you guys, you have to act quick. Check the site daily, and thru-out the day many times. As usual they prob had a flood of responces. If I see another posting I will try to let you all know...

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like SWA has removed the postings. I'm telling you guys, you have to act quick. Check the site daily, and thru-out the day many times. As usual they prob had a flood of responces. If I see another posting I will try to let you all know...
Thanks for the heads up swamt