Hey USA320 This one's for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWA320

Veteran
May 6, 2007
Western hemisphere
Yeah your MEC is doing you and your brethren a great service with your new resolution how ever you need to read this and know it well.

Transition Agreement VI.A:

The Airline Parties will make every reasonable effort in good faith to secure a single FAA operating certificate for

America West and US Airways as promptly as practicable.

Your move bro :up:

Keep 'em seperate boys!!

What absolutly baffles the mind is how you really think you have a say! I can see in now Mr. BOD member we the pilots of the EAST demand seperate ops as per our resolution. :lol: :lol: :lol: They are going to laugh your a back to philly!!

Here sheep sheep sheep :lol: You guys are way too easy...

AWA320,

The vast majority of the East pilots believe the Nicolau Award violated ALPA Merger Policy. Furthermore, the Transition Agreement indicates you cannot have a joint contract without a seniority list integration; therefore, the problem.

Now the Rice Committee has proposed 3 options: separate contracts and separate operations, a joint contract or separate operations, or the AWA pilots beginning Section 6 negotiations. Following the meeting with Paul Rice the US Airways MEC passed a resolution indicating they believe the best option is separate contracts and separate operations, which is the only negotiation now permitted.

With that said, I believe the East pilots would encourage the West pilots to enter into Section 6 negotiations so the West pilots can obtain a better contract.

Let me ask you this.

What is wrong with either a separate contracts and separate operations or a joint contract or separate operations? This would preserve pre-merger career expectation and prevent the East pilots from bidding PHX or LAS. Furthermore, the East and West pilots could obtain a pay raise.

What's wrong with keeping pre-merger career expectations and obtaining contract improvements per the Rice Committee's or US Airways MEC's new resolution?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

AWA320,

What's wrong with keeping pre-merger career expectations and obtaining contract improvements per the Rice Committee's or US Airways MEC's new resolution?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Dude, are you that thick?

Doug doesn't want two separate airlines.

When are you going to figure that out?!?!

Let me ask you this.

What is wrong with either a separate contracts and separate operations or a joint contract or separate operations? This would preserve pre-merger career expectation and prevent the East pilots from bidding PHX or LAS. Furthermore, the East and West pilots could obtain a pay raise.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Nothing really, unless the AWA pilots were counting on that windfall. ;)

Call it a "merger pre-nup", where both parties keep what they brought into the marriage.

Lol

See - that's the issue. East pilots had NO pre-merger career expectations. Continued employment alone is a windfall for the East pilots. And you didn't bring attrition to the merger, because you didn't have it without the merger. AWA had growth, which was taken away as a result of this merger. Pay parity with the West wasn't something that East pilots were contemplating prior to the merger either, so don't expect to get that now either.

The fact is that there is no way to preserve pre-merger career expectations unless Parker frags out the East operation (which I hear he's contemplating).

Call it a "merger pre-nup", where both parties keep what they brought into the marriage.

Lol

What you brought to the party was downsizing, furloughs, LOA 93, and a chance of liquidation.

You and your merger comm went down that road once, do you really want to try again?

50N30W

Your MEC and NC could have put that forth as a position before arbitration. They failed to do so.

Why, if you are AWA, would you think that AAA gets multiple bites at the apple because they found the first one sour?

Nothing really, unless the AWA pilots were counting on that windfall. ;)

Lol

Now they say that you are not even main line but that cool because you have an opinion. Read the three post above this one and I think you may get the picture...

AWA320,

The vast majority of the East pilots believe the Nicolau Award violated ALPA Merger Policy. Furthermore, the Transition Agreement indicates you cannot have a joint contract without a seniority list integration; therefore, the problem.

Now the Rice Committee has proposed 3 options: separate contracts and separate operations, a joint contract or separate operations, or the AWA pilots beginning Section 6 negotiations. Following the meeting with Paul Rice the US Airways MEC passed a resolution indicating they believe the best option is separate contracts and separate operations, which is the only negotiation now permitted.

With that said, I believe the East pilots would encourage the West pilots to enter into Section 6 negotiations so the West pilots can obtain a better contract.

Let me ask you this.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I have pretty much been convinced that the East pilots are behaving irrationally and thinking illogically. This post now has thoroughly convinced me that the easties are "out there." Perhaps this is because of the highly edited material being fed to the east pilot workforce over there by its MEC and various LEC's. Or perhaps its just because they all feel that entitlement is deserved or inherited. Whatever the case, it is very unfortunate for both east and west that this self-induced death spiral has gotten this far.

To answer the questions posed in this post, I will say just one word.

WHIPSAW

If you folks on the east cannot see that, you are beyond help.

AWA320,

The vast majority of the East pilots believe the Nicolau Award violated ALPA Merger Policy.

I don't for a second believe even a miniscule (rather then "vast") majority of East pilots actually believe the award violated policy. They may wish that the award violated policy, but I can't believe that there is a majority who feels this way deep in their hearts.

I suspect many of the ones saying so are actually doing so because they don't want to be publiclly at odds with their fellow pilots.

Nobody cares what your convict idol Dougweiser wants or says. His credibility is below zero IMO

Doug is in charge of the company. You probably missed this small point behind your florid anger of the Nicolau award. Have a nice day!

Ironic on how vocal the "west" is when it comes to seperation. All of a sudden Dougie and company are the greatest thing since swiss cheese. Followers not leaders like the east!

I don't for a second believe even a miniscule (rather then "vast") majority of East pilots actually believe the award violated policy. They may wish that the award violated policy, but I can't believe that there is a majority who feels this way deep in their hearts.

I suspect many of the ones saying so are actually doing so because they don't want to be publiclly at odds with their fellow pilots.

Yeah I guess your right there Miss.

450 pilots show up to picket National
National worried about decert
MEC latest Resolution
No joint contract

Remember the pilots that are being recalled were ALL put below Save Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts