Hey USA320 This one's for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see! everybody except you westies can see you got a windfall. Talk about a bunch of pathetic crybabies. I have not seen so much BS in my life.

When you say "everyone" hawk to whom are you refering?? The NWA merger committee didn't see it that way, the UAL merger committee didn't see it that way and many other mec's didn't see it that way however you and ONE east worshiping customer says it and you claim everybody!! There was/ is no west windfall and like I've said before many of us lost realitive position. We gave up our growth and attrition to YOUR unemployed pilots!!! Our top pilots lost over 517 numbers so when you start throwing around that windfall comment, keep in mind that you still getting a paycheck was a major windfall!!! Lets not forget it was AWA making your payroll just prior to the full announcement of this thing...

No genius, I said I declined to return from furlough.

But, I am now a Gold Preferred frequent flier on US Airways. Which means I am the customer now.

And since the Customer is always right, that means that you are always wrong when you argue with me. (not that that's anything new)

Now get out there in the rain, and do a proper walk around. I'm going to sit here in First and enjoy my free drink.
Got the "picture" now...?

Oh I don't mind that at all it's called being employed and not furloughed (UNEMPLOYED)!! Enjoy first class, that's what it's there for. I want you first class passengers to be happy because you keep me EMPLOYED and not like you FURLOUGHED!! Now when it comes to plane matters and matters of the union Mr. Passenger, you gots nothing to say about that, just sit back relax and enjoy the flight, we'll get you there safe and sound...

When you say "everyone" hawk to whom are you refering?? The NWA merger committee didn't see it that way, the UAL merger committee didn't see it that way and many other mec's didn't see it that way however you and ONE east worshiping customer says it and you claim everybody!! There was/ is no west windfall and like I've said before many of us lost realitive position. We gave up our growth and attrition to YOUR unemployed pilots!!! Our top pilots lost over 517 numbers so when you start throwing around that windfall comment, keep in mind that you still getting a paycheck was a major windfall!!! Lets not forget it was AWA making your payroll just prior to the full announcement of this thing...

This is where the definition of "windfall" will never be understood by either side. First off, AWA didn't have the money to make our payroll. In the forums it seems to be an established fact that AWA had 30 days cash left and AAA had 90 days. So in reality, the money either came from our own operations or from outside sources. The only reason an investor would put up the cash is if there was still perceived value in the east operations under new management. I think it was back in '98 when AAA under Wolf posted a little over $1B proffit. Then he tried to sell us to UAL for $60 share. In which case the place fell apart again after 9/11. The moral? If managements would quit trying to merge, sell or buy we can make money. Can't you see why the east people see deja vu all over again? i.e. DAL? Cratering operations?

Second, the windfall you so vehemently deny is something I still will never figure out. In my case under nic I get to retire at age 60 as a senior f/o in 8 years. My counterpart (One number senior) gets to retire as a senior narrow body or junior wide body captain in 13 years. Under d.o.h. he would still retire as a captain. At age 65 if we make it, I get maybe 3 years in the left seat as a narrowbody Cap. He would get at least 5 or more in the w/b. No windfall yet?

Third as I recall, under nic the 517 position protections go away if the age limit is changed to 65. That seems to be a foregone conclusion. Your top pilots move into those positions as 90% of those Cap and F/O's ALL retire within 2-3 years. What wide bodies were you operating before merger?

I can see we will never see eye to eye on the windfall issue. But in my case, I hope you at least understand the east side in my case. Probably not, but had to try.

Oh I don't mind that at all it's called being employed and not furloughed (UNEMPLOYED)!! Enjoy first class, that's what it's there for. I want you first class passengers to be happy because you keep me EMPLOYED and not like you FURLOUGHED!! Now when it comes to plane matters and matters of the union Mr. Passenger, you gots nothing to say about that, just sit back relax and enjoy the flight, we'll get you there safe and sound...
I am employed, and I chose not to return from the furlough.

Not just because giving up left seat in a 747 to return seemed kinda dumb, but mainly because I just didn't want to fly with the likes of you. Taking a huge pay cut to return also helped make up my mind, plus no longer having to commute sealed the deal.

So yeah, I hope ya fly me safe and sound to LAX tomorrow, so I can fly myself to China on the weekend.

Actually, that's not exactly true, I'm hoping for an East crew, as they tend to do a better job.

Have you "got's" anything else stupid to say...?

This is where the definition of "windfall" will never be understood by either side. First off, AWA didn't have the money to make our payroll. In the forums it seems to be an established fact that AWA had 30 days cash left and AAA had 90 days. So in reality, the money either came from our own operations or from outside sources. The only reason an investor would put up the cash is if there was still perceived value in the east operations under new management. I think it was back in '98 when AAA under Wolf posted a little over $1B proffit. Then he tried to sell us to UAL for $60 share. In which case the place fell apart again after 9/11. The moral? If managements would quit trying to merge, sell or buy we can make money. Can't you see why the east people see deja vu all over again? i.e. DAL? Cratering operations?

Here is the big problem with that statement and the other forums. AWA had just come off of it's second stright profitable qt so 30 days cash on hand is a bit out there. Second, just under one year prior we had made a bid for ATA so if our cash position was that poor how could this bid even have wheels? The last SEC filing I saw prior to the merger had AWA's cash on hand at roughly 500 million. I can get a copy of that for you if you like?

Second, the windfall you so vehemently deny is something I still will never figure out. In my case under nic I get to retire at age 60 as a senior f/o in 8 years. My counterpart (One number senior) gets to retire as a senior narrow body or junior wide body captain in 13 years. Under d.o.h. he would still retire as a captain. At age 65 if we make it, I get maybe 3 years in the left seat as a narrowbody Cap. He would get at least 5 or more in the w/b. No windfall yet?

To this I only ask how many people on your list one day prior to the announcement were below you and how many today??? How much either way did you move??? Ok that was really two questions, sorry.

Third as I recall, under nic the 517 position protections go away if the age limit is changed to 65. That seems to be a foregone conclusion. Your top pilots move into those positions as 90% of those Cap and F/O's ALL retire within 2-3 years. What wide bodies were you operating before merger?

I think age 65 stalled on the senate floor. None but does this mean that we would never operate them again without the merger?? Remember we were going after ATA first and they have wide bodies!!!

I can see we will never see eye to eye on the windfall issue. But in my case, I hope you at least understand the east side in my case. Probably not, but had to try.

I do understand your point....

Not an employee then he has no say in our EMPLOYEE issues. He has no REAL inside information outside of what's placed on this forum and it's rather insulting to have a customer make statements about our arbitration. He really needs to stick to the passenger forum...

Not cool at all Pineybob!!!

AWA320,
You've only been working for HP since 2003. I realize (like most on here) that it is going to take you (the snot-nosed, punky Gen-X'er) at least a decade to realize the people paying your salary are the customers. Keep it up punk.

Later,
Eye

I do understand your point....

""Here is the big problem with that statement and the other forums. AWA had just come off of it's second stright profitable qt so 30 days cash on hand is a bit out there. Second, just under one year prior we had made a bid for ATA so if our cash position was that poor how could this bid even have wheels? The last SEC filing I saw prior to the merger had AWA's cash on hand at roughly 500 million. I can get a copy of that for you if you like?""

Just scanned the 2nd Q. 10Q from the company website. Not $500m but $116m. Granted, more than 30 days but who really knows?

""To this I only ask how many people on your list one day prior to the announcement were below you and how many today??? How much either way did you move??? Ok that was really two questions, sorry.""

It's not how many below me, but how many above me. I have a '87 hire date and moved down 1500 numbers. Therefore if I stay I get to retire as a permanent F/O. Something real pleasing to look forward to, huh?

""I think age 65 stalled on the senate floor. None but does this mean that we would never operate them again without the merger?? Remember we were going after ATA first and they have wide bodies!!!""

Can't comment on the Senate, but Bular is on a crew news as saying he expects the age 65 to happen. If it's stalled, great!
As I remember, ATA was in a catfight between you and Southwest. I may be wrong but Southwest messed everything up. As for money to buy them? How much money did we have on hand of the $10B to buy DAL? Back then less than $3B. So it doesn't take cash on hand to buy anybody. Just investers who believe in the deal and how to make a quick buck and bail.

AWA320,
You've only been working for HP since 2003. I realize (like most on here) that it is going to take you (the snot-nosed, punky Gen-X'er) at least a decade to realize the people paying your salary are the customers. Keep it up punk.

Later,
Eye

I'm sorry what did you say??? I have hard time understanding sheep talk.

I'm sorry what did you say??? I have hard time understanding sheep talk.

Here's the Webster's 411 for you...

punk (pngk) KEY

NOUN:

Slang
A young person, especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group.
An inexperienced young man.
Music
Punk rock.
A punk rocker.

Slang A young man who is the sexual partner of an older man.
Archaic A prostitute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETYMOLOGY:
Origin unknown

OTHER FORMS:
punker (Noun)

Here's the Webster's 411 for you...

punk (pngk) KEY

NOUN:

Slang
A young person, especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group.
An inexperienced young man.
Music
Punk rock.
A punk rocker.

Slang A young man who is the sexual partner of an older man.
Archaic A prostitute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETYMOLOGY:
Origin unknown

OTHER FORMS:
punker (Noun)

You're still here??? The only definition that would describe you is a proctologist dream :lol: Now go look that up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back