HHD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who writes this stuff? :lol:
For the 321 why couldn't they say two doors in the front, 2 at row 9, 2 at row 22 and two in the rear. Same for the 757.

I agree, and that's why I always ask which row's the window and emergency exits are located at after the demo on every airline I fly. None of the live demo's on any airline I've flown say the row number. It seems like a no brainer to put it in. More often than not they actually have to go and physically check which row, and sometimes it's like I've caught them off guard and they think I'm a ghost flyer or FAA person.

A321 As the flight attendants are pointing out, there are a total of eight door exits on this aircraft:
two in the front of the aircraft
two in the middle section, and
two in the rear of the aircraft.
There are two additional emergency door exits in the middle section of the aircraft.

you're kidding, right? What drivel. How about pointing out the exits in the same order in which they appear. Just sayin'.

That would require actual experience on an airplane.

Not a qualification for writing pre-flight announcements.

It would be less confusing to say the row with the pointing - seriously, the verbage is jacked up. Sometimes we have people who don't hear but who choose not to announce themselves as needing special attention - rather, they read lips - it would make more sense to identify the row.

I get that the 321 and 757 doors at 3L and 3R (third doors at aircraft left, and aircraft right, for those of you who don't speak airline lingo) might be identified as "small doors" in the demo - but our current wording is horrible and 9 times out of ten is modified by the f/a's who are working the flight.

Once upon a time we were told to utilize our best judgment in situations.

Meh, whatevs.

This has wandered too far off topic to bring back. If you have any more to say about HHDs, start a new thread. If you want to continue the discussion of safety pas, start a new thread. Please do not mix the two in the same thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.