Hope & Change

I am so very excited that you are now in a policy making advisory position for European economic affairs. Congratulations! :rolleyes:

NO!, It's an informal group called "the Global Macro Economic Roundtable" and the Moderator is a charming woman from Berlin who is a senior partner with an investment bank. One of the other gig wigs is a fellow named Heinrich from So. Africa.

I joined to educate myself and I was lucky enough to be accepted. One of the reasons I did it was to "test" some of what Ron Paul says. Now most don't want to deal with his whole Central Bank issue because they are part of it. HOWEVER on the issues of debt and taxation they seem to be right with him. All of this frankly surprised me a bit due to his character assassination here.

Apparently "Crazy Uncle Ron" is not as crazy as first thought. Interestingly enough, NO ONE as in ON ONE has much positive to say about Bush & Obama. Again back to debt and commodity inflation as a source of much of our woes, brought on by the staggering debt accumulation over the last decade. Everyone gets all hung up on Bush & Obama however under the COTUS it's Congress who ultimately appropriates money for the government to operate so there is plenty of blame to go around.

I joined a group Tech, be an A-Hole tomorrow as I'll be busy. While I'm away try reading about Frederich Hayek or his book "Road to Serfdom". John Maynard Keynes wasn't the only economist.

This is the stark reality of Obama's energy plan:

API President and CEO Jack Gerard:

“The administration is restricting where oil and natural gas development may occur, leasing less often, shortening lease terms, going slow on permit approvals and increasing or threatening to increase industry’s development costs through higher taxes, higher royalty fees, higher minimum lease bids and more regulations.”

“Keeping 85 percent of our offshore areas off limits – per the administration’s latest offshore energy plan – is not a prescription for increased oil and natural gas production. Decreasing oil and gas leasing in the Rockies by 70 percent is not generating jobs and more affordable energy that America’s workers and consumers need. Having 10 federal agencies planning more regulation of hydraulic fracturing … is not keeping affordable supplies of gas flowing to generate electricity, heat homes and supply chemical plants. Rejecting the Keystone XL pipeline is not increasing American access to affordable, secure energy.”

“The administration’s own projections tell us that we’re still going to rely on oil and natural gas for nearly 60 percent of our energy for the next quarter century. We’re either going to produce that oil and gas in the U.S. with the added benefits of creating over a million new American jobs, strengthening our national security and generating more revenue for our government, or we’re going to depend more on resources from less stable parts of the world.”

NO!, It's an informal group called "the Global Macro Economic Roundtable" and the Moderator is a charming woman from Berlin who is a senior partner with an investment bank. One of the other gig wigs is a fellow named Heinrich from So. Africa.

I joined to educate myself and I was lucky enough to be accepted. ...

I joined a group Tech, be an A-Hole tomorrow as I'll be busy. While I'm away try reading about Frederich Hayek or his book "Road to Serfdom". John Maynard Keynes wasn't the only economist.
my apologies. It sounds interesting. I was being a smart ass. I'm in one of those moods this morning. I guess I left the "adults in the room" crowd for a moment.

Take care.

Hey! I saw some Change last night driving on I-94 to ORD.

Just as I passed this huge truck stop I saw the sign change to from $3.89 to $4.01 for a gallon of Diesel. So there was the change now where's the hope

Gallup Finds Unemployment Climbing to Nine Percent in February
By Matt Cover
February 20, 2012

A man looking for work stands on a street corner in Portland, Maine. (AP)
(CNSNews.com) – Unemployment in the U.S. rose to nine percent in mid-February, up from 8.3 percent a month earlier, according to a new Gallup survey. The polling company said this suggests that it is “premature” to assume the economy will not feature prominently in the 2012 election season.

So who do YOU believe? An Empty suit trying to get re=elected or a respected poll organization like Gallup?

MORE

My link

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. added 227,000 jobs in February, the latest display of the breadth and strength of the economic recovery. The country has put together the most impressive three months of job growth since before the Great Recession.

The unemployment rate stayed at 8.3 percent. It was the first time in six months it didn't fall, and that was because a half-million Americans started looking for work. In the past two months, almost a million have started looking.

"I have more optimism," said Freda Bratcher, 54, who had worked as a substance abuse counselor but has been unemployed 16 months. She had stopped searching, but showed up Friday at a Miami career center after some of her friends landed jobs.

"There's something out there for me," she said. "And if other people are getting hired, then why not me?"

The Labor Department, in its monthly jobs report, said Friday that December and January, already two of the best months for jobs since the recession, were even stronger than first estimated.

January job growth was revised higher by 41,000 to 284,000. December job growth was raised by 20,000 to 223,000. The overall job growth for February of 227,000 beat economists' estimate of 210,000.

"It's a very strong report," said Bob Baur, chief global economist at Principal Global Investors, an asset management company. "I could hardly find anything not to like in it."

Looks like the prediction from your earlier post was wrong.

My link

Looks like the prediction from your earlier post was wrong.

Most places providing growth are those in the private sector where Obama can't touch. LOL

Most of that job growth is coming from fracking and spin off jobs, just think if O opened up drilling?

If there was an increase in jobs added, why does the number unemployed stay the same?

Technoboy drinky too muchy koolaid.

If there was an increase in jobs added, why does the number unemployed stay the same?
If you read the article or the report you would see that it stayed the same because more people have hope to find a job and are entering the job search again. They factor in the final number.

Of course you knew that.

Confidence in the market and the economy is growing as a whole.

I know that doesn't fit in your hope of a global meltdown or 2011 or 2012 depression.

Maybe you have more of a taste for the doomsday, Jonestown type Koolaid?

If you read the article or the report you would see that it stayed the same because more people have hope to find a job and are entering the job search again. They factor in the final number.

Of course you knew that.

Confidence in the market and the economy is growing as a whole.

I know that doesn't fit in your hope of a global meltdown or 2011 or 2012 depression.

Maybe you have more of a taste for the doomsday, Jonestown type Koolaid?

No, they cook the final number, its all BS and you know it. Obama says 8.3 is the new norm.
I though somewhere here you mentioned Gallup being one of the more prestigious polling firms. Duh, not now?

I though somewhere here you mentioned Gallup being one of the more prestigious polling firms. Duh, not now?
They are. The results sparrow posted were a narrow window.

You say all the numbers are bs, yet you trumpet them when it suits your discourse.

That unemployment rate was/is used by you and others constantly. When they start going in a direction showing improvement then you discount them as bs.

Obama says 8.3 is the new norm

Source for where he said that?

They are. The results sparrow posted were a narrow window.

You say all the numbers are bs, yet you trumpet them when it suits your discourse.

That unemployment rate was/is used by you and others constantly. When they start going in a direction showing improvement then you discount them as bs.

Source for where he said that?

My apologies, was Ben Bernanke and now Obama admin(MSM) is touting it like it is a good thing. :p

Not to rain on the Happy Parade but 227,000 new jobs doesn't even cover the number of NEW people entering the workforce each month. The UE rate does not include those who used to have 70K/yr jobs who now work for $11/hr just to survive. Further it doesn't include the folks who've given up trying to find a job.

Those factors render the Unemployment Rate subject to manipulation by desperate Politicians eager to be reelected.

Not to rain on the Happy Parade but 227,000 new jobs doesn't even cover the number of NEW people entering the workforce each month. The UE rate does not include those who used to have 70K/yr jobs who now work for $11/hr just to survive. Further it doesn't include the folks who've given up trying to find a job.

Those factors render the Unemployment Rate subject to manipulation by desperate Politicians eager to be reelected.

You're not supposed to see it that way.

You are searching incessantly for a way to make any good news seem like the end of the world as we know it. Feel free to be miserable, you have that unalienable right. Unless of course you can find some way to say that Obama wants to take that right from you.

Thanks to all those companies out there that are so overburdened with regulation that they refuse to hire...

The country has put together the most impressive three months of job growth since before the Great Recession

You are searching incessantly for a way to make any good news seem like the end of the world as we know it. Feel free to be miserable, you have that unalienable right. Unless of course you can find some way to say that Obama wants to take that right from you.

Thanks to all those companies out there that are so overburdened with regulation that they refuse to hire...

Saw some preliminary Gallup numbers come in at just over 9% Until we reduce the deficit and balance the budget there will be no economic growth job wise, even that tool Bernanke agrees, So get it through your Progressive head that Keynesian Economics is an epic fail.

Face it, these clowns in this admin are losers. Why you keep coming out trumpeting every miniscule nanopercentage and dancing makes me think you are a MSM plant.