Iam Mech Strike, Who Would Cross

Would you cross?

• I would Cross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would not Cross

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That original poll was hilarious. Hey Delldude, what WERE you drinking or watching. I just pictured you drinking a bottle of JD and watching BRIDE OF CHUCKY. :lol: :lol:

What about the "Confused" vote? This is a US Airways IAM vote.

(Former IAM member, withdrawal card application denied and application fee not returned)

Today in BOS two mechanics told our crew that if the IAM attempts a strike or job action, the BOS mechanics would report to work. Why? They would lose their unemployment because the state of Massachusetts would not pay their unemployment benefits during a work stoppage. If true, that could have a major positive impact on any job action in the future.

With a job action, the IAM members could not only lose pay, benefits, severance, etc, but unemployment too.

Meanwhile, this poll assumes that Judge Mitchell would not grant the company's pending injunction request, which is unlikely considering the court's history.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Did you happen to ask those two mechanics in Bos what their hire date was? Lets see daylight line working on Wed I would guess they would be a very low 3 digit. Other than pay&pension they would not be affected by the company proposal. Last I checked Bos line had about two dozen mechs on daylight. Come back around on third shift and ask who is crossing. Ask any mechanics in PHL this afternoon. They majority will not be here if the company gets their way. Sure a judge issue an injuction to eliminate a strike but what do you think is going to get accomplished with that type of workforce?

You saw what happened with some understaffing and 40 persons off sick in Phl. Imagine that systemwide.

USA320Pilot said:
Meanwhile, this poll assumes that Judge Mitchell would not grant the company's pending injunction request, which is unlikely considering the court's history.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="235736"][/post]​

Perhaps Judge Mitchell would like to leave a legacy as the first federal judge to outlaw a strike following a contract abrogation - stranger things have happened. Either way, the next few days could prove to be interesting......

Jim

ps - of course, there are other actions that constitute "self help" - striking isn't the only choice available to the IAM.

BoeingBoy said:
Perhaps Judge Mitchell would like to leave a legacy as the first federal judge to outlaw a strike following a contract abrogation - stranger things have happened. Either way, the next few days could prove to be interesting......

Jim

ps - of course, there are other actions that constitute "self help" - striking isn't the only choice available to the IAM.
[post="235757"][/post]​
very good point....havoc can occur in many other forms...

USA320Pilot Said:
They would lose their unemployment because the state of Massachusetts would not pay their unemployment benefits during a work stoppage. If true, that could have a major positive impact on any job action in the future.

With a job action, the IAM members could not only lose pay, benefits, severance, etc, but unemployment too.

I Say:

It's like that in North Carolina. It would be worth giving it all away,
just to DELETED

If the judge orders an injuction I would to my job, but by the book. In other words, not one second sooner than allowed and not one plane would move unless every "I" wad dotted and every"T" was crossed. Happy now USA320? Savy

A320 Driver said:
Sure, APA tried something like that.

I think the tab was around 40 million when the judge finished with them.
[post="235786"][/post]​

Yea but how much of it did AA collect?

They didnt pay it.

It actually worked to their benifit because the pilots ended up taking a smaller paycut because the fine ended up being credited towards their "share" of the concessions.

Too bad the TWU did not have a $40 million fine, we probably could have kept holiday pay!!!

Besides let them fine the union, just like in the old days when they used to jail the union leaders, simply dont pay it. Let it go to trial. All their fines cant make you work. It gets to the point where what is the court going to do lock up hundreds of people for refusing to perform work for a private company?

As far as a few mechanics from BOSTON crossing the picket line, when push comes to shove there is no way that in such a union town they would do it, their neighbors, friends and relatives would crucify them, nevermind their own coworkers.

USA320Pilot said:
Today in BOS two mechanics told our crew that if the IAM attempts a strike or job action, the BOS mechanics would report to work. Why? They would lose their unemployment because the state of Massachusetts would not pay their unemployment benefits during a work stoppage. If true, that could have a major positive impact on any job action in the future.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="235736"][/post]​

Tell me,

As a member of ALPA, do you endorse the crossing of pickets lines by an AFL-CIO organization? Would you support such a crossing?

luv2fly said:
Tell me,

As a member of ALPA, do you endorse the crossing of pickets lines by an AFL-CIO organization? Would you support such a crossing?
[post="235818"][/post]​

I think crossing a picket line makes one a . . . . . SCAB??