Iam Mech Strike, Who Would Cross

Would you cross?

• I would Cross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would not Cross

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bob Owens said:
If USAIR should close, which it probably will, most of the routes that they fly would be picked up by other carriers. Those carriers would pick up more employees to handle the increased work. Does it make sense to cut your own pay to $20/hr in order to prevent a $40/hr job from moving in?

The employees of USAIR are much better off to have the company close their doors, the sooner the better, than to quit and then look for a job. If they quit they cant collect unemployment, if USAIR goes out of business they can because they have no job to go back to.

[post="236141"][/post]​

If you actually believe that there are big airlines jobs with substantial pay increases out there for you, good luck. Ask the employees of UA, DL, NW, CO, and AA how many profit sharing deals are on the table. No one is making money. They're giving back. Ask a starting ramp worker at Southwest at BWI how much they're making. They might dispute your idea of the company "paying them well". If they're picking up more employees, they're picking up their own.

It is a sad day when someone actually believes that good would come from putting more than 30,000 people out of work.

Bob Owens said:
Yea but how much of it did AA collect?

They didnt pay it.

It actually worked to their benifit because the pilots ended up taking a smaller paycut because the fine ended up being credited towards their "share" of the concessions.
[post="235808"][/post]​

I believe AA did collect approx $15M in cash, which is what the Judge ordered to be escrowed. Only the remaining $25M was negotiated away during the restructuring.

delldude said:
very good point....havoc can occur in many other forms...
[post="235760"][/post]​
Hello, Delldude...........been awhile!!! Got a trip to the cornfield for over 6 weeks!! A particular poster didn't like what I had to say, and he has a moderator in his pocket! That cool.... Was actually a nice break! Sorry to hear everything still seems to be the same old BS!! Like your reply, though.....thats the "dude" I remember!!!....Hang tough!! NFS

Well that is because Bob buddy subscribes to the idea that if We go away, that that will be good for Bob Owens... He could care less about any of the 34000 people working here.

Thing is, he is not the brightest bulb on the tree, as his carrier is in no position to take real advantage of our demise either.

If anything it would mean an expansion of LCCs instead, further weakening his carriers standing.

But like I said, not a bright bulb that Bob...

Latest posts

Back