iam twu alliance vote

PHXConx said:
yes but when you ask a question you wait for him to answer you on the other hand asked a question and answered for him thats talking to yourself 
I was merely predicting what he will do because he has done it before in the past and very typical of him and his actions of past...

swamt said:
I was merely predicting what he will do because he has done it before in the past and very typical of him and his actions of past...
talking to yourself got it LOL 

The IAM and TWU better do their homework, because I don’t know any one that will vote for an alliance, I think we all would prefer no union then That.

chellow said:
The IAM and TWU better do their homework, because I dont know any one that will vote for an alliance, I think we all would prefer no union then That.
......or perhaps a real craft union like the pilots and flight attendants currently have.

chellow said:
The IAM and TWU better do their homework, because I don’t know any one that will vote for an alliance, I think we all would prefer no union then That.
thats what I've been saying bro

swamt said:
I have been in heated talks with 700 about this.  I have said this from the very beginning, and I even asked you, Bob, to pls get involved and help explain this to the membership, so why are you now doing it?  When all this was first announced I said it was all a scam and scare tactics.  See 700, I wasn't so full of crap as you tried to say I was, now there is a TWU represenative saying the exact same thing I have been telling you guys all along.  It takes an election thru the NMB to decert, period...
I've been saying from day one that I'm against splitting up the class and craft between two Unions. 

You dont want to go with no representation, thats for sure. If AMFA gets enough cards thats great, but you would only be hurting yourself by going no union. The company will surely appreciate it though...

700UW said:
Thats real smart, no union means overhaul will be gone and most other things.

You do realize non-union Delta outsources all their heavy checks, as does JetBlue?
Gone where? Jet blue never did heavy oh in house. Their maintenance scope has continually expanded since they started. I'm certainly not advocating going without a union but I can't let these bs threats go unchallenged. Management admitted that they didn't want to outsource the narrow body work they were doing in house because they would not realize savings. Now you are trying to use that threat to get us to accept your BS alliance. Well we don't want it and don't care what you threaten us with. We will reject it no matter what the threat is. Neither union is likely to walk away from $10 million in dues and both unions need to remember they work for the members.

Would be a nice change of pace to see unions threatening companies in order to get good deals instead of threatening members to accept bad deals. This Alliance is yet another bad deal. Instead of attempting to sell it on its merits, which are lacking, you are resorting to sell it with threats.You are even worse than the company. You would be foolish to overestimate the value the members feel they get from the two unions that have the worst deals in the industry. They need to come up with a different plan. I for one can not and will not support splitting up my profession. I between two unions at the same company. Like I said this scheme was not cooked up for our benefit, it was cooked up to maintain dues flow to the respective unions. This is nothing but pure business unionism. We dumped Little and we want out of the deal he cooked up. It's bad enough when the company wants to jam bad deals down your throat with threats of accept it or else, it's even worse when the union you pay dues to does it.

Bob Owens said:
Gone where? Jet blue never did heavy oh in house. Their maintenance scope has continually expanded since they started. I'm certainly not advocating going without a union but I can't let these bs threats go unchallenged. Management admitted that they didn't want to outsource the narrow body work they were doing in house because they would not realize savings. Now you are trying to use that threat to get us to accept your BS alliance. Well we don't want it and don't care what you threaten us with. We will reject it no matter what the threat is. Neither union is likely to walk away from $10 million in dues and both unions need to remember they work for the members.

Would be a nice change of pace to see unions threatening companies in order to get good deals instead of threatening members to accept bad deals. This Alliance is yet another bad deal. Instead of attempting to sell it on its merits, which are lacking, you are resorting to sell it with threats.You are even worse than the company. You would be foolish to overestimate the value the members feel they get from the two unions that have the worst deals in the industry. They need to come up with a different plan. I for one can not and will not support splitting up my profess I between two unions at the same company. Like I said this scheme was not cooked up for our benefit, it was cooked up to maintain dues flow to the respective unions. We dumped Little and we want out of the deal he cooked up. It's bad enough when the company wants to jam bad deals down your throat with threats of accept it or else, it's even worse when the union you pay dues to does it.
The only entity crookeder than the company I work for is the union I'm required to pay dues to.

TopCat870 said:
You dont want to go with no representation, thats for sure. If AMFA gets enough cards thats great, but you would only be hurting yourself by going no union. The company will surely appreciate it though...
That is why we have two options on the ballot. If AMFA is on the ballot  that is great, if not then the fill in option is second best. We all have to be aware of the choices on the ballot.
Voting NO union is last ditch desperation that is why we have a fill in to avoid the Alliance and NO union altogether. It is not all doom and gloom. We have to educate ourselves and make sure the membership votes in the upcoming Alliance vote.

the TWU-IAM alliance vote is not a representational vote is outside the NMB.  It is an internal vote within the unions.  I do not believe that they can put on the ballot to vote for "NO Union" meaning no representation.  Unless the "no Union" does not mean no representation only "No" to the union or per say alliance of the TWU-IAM.   We have to have them explain and put in writing what a "NO Union" vote signifies.

I can't figure out why they would put a "no union " selection on the ballot or is it intended to decieve.
it should say:

vote for:   check one:

TWU ______

IAM________

TWU/IAM ________

other__________

Because that is how the NMB does, it was that way on the IBT Raid at US.

It was

IAM
IBT
Other
No Union

And the Alliance ballot will not look like what you have posted.

Chuck Schalk said:
the TWU-IAM alliance vote is not a representational vote is outside the NMB.  It is an internal vote within the unions.  I do not believe that they can put on the ballot to vote for "NO Union" meaning no representation.  Unless the "no Union" does not mean no representation only "No" to the union or per say alliance of the TWU-IAM.   We have to have them explain and put in writing what a "NO Union" vote signifies.

I can't figure out why they would put a "no union " selection on the ballot or is it intended to decieve.
it should say:

TWU ______

IAM________

TWU/IAM ________

other__________

Chuck  your post illustrates the common misconceptions about your upcoming vote.

You are correct the NMB doesn't cover would be union alliances, what they do cover is representational elections.

That is the key to all the confusion - this is not a vote on the FORMATION of the TWU/IAM alliance, The TWU and the IAM hierarchy did that on their own without a membership vote. This is a REPRESENTATIONAL vote on whether or not the AA/US mechanics want them as a CBA representative, and that is a function that falls under the jurisdiction of the NMB.

Please check the NMB link I posted earlier in this thread it spells out exactly how merger representational votes are conducted.

Chuck Schalk said:

it should say:

TWU ______

IAM________

TWU/IAM ________

other__________
Chuck, the unions can put any options on the ballot they want as it will be an internal union vote.  When I wrote the NMB they told me they have no idea what options will be on the Alliance vote with TWU and IAM.  He also told me since this is not a representational election (after a card collection showing the members wanted an election) the NMB has no juristinction to conduct, run or perform an alliance election.  Knowing all this we also know that it would take a full representational election "requested by the majority of the membership" that could decert a union which would have to be conducted by NMB and "only" the NMB can officially decert a union after said election.
Yes all the going non-union or no-union is just scare tactics to get the membership to vote in this alliance as this alliance is scared to death it will not pass, and they know about the threat of AMFA coming in.  They also know what will happen after AMFA would get in at AA, the snow ball effect would then kick in.  US would follow AA, then only a matter of time that other mechanics at other carriers follow suit.   In my eyes it is beyond pathetic that a union would threaten it's members into a vote rather than having a democratic vote and see what happens, this is enough in itself to fire both the TWU and the IAM as well as a possible DFR law suit.  This is the only option for the TWU and the IAM to stay in the industry and they know it, therefore they are extremely desperate to keep what they got before it's too late, desperate moves and pathetic demoralizing actions by a union that is supposed to be taking care of it's members, so sad to sit and watch, this should b the final nail in the coffin for the TWU and IAM the way they are showing everyone how they are treating their members...

Back