iam twu alliance vote

ThirdSeatHero said:

Chuck  your post illustrates the common misconceptions about your upcoming vote.

You are correct the NMB doesn't cover would be union alliances, what they do cover is representational elections.

That is the key to all the confusion - this is not a vote on the FORMATION of the TWU/IAM alliance, The TWU and the IAM hierarchy did that on their own without a membership vote. This is a REPRESENTATIONAL vote on whether or not the AA/US mechanics want them as a CBA representative, and that is a function that falls under the jurisdiction of the NMB.

Please check the NMB link I posted earlier in this thread it spells out exactly how merger representational votes are conducted.
Not true sir.  This will be an alliance vote within the union.  These guys are already represented, therefore this is not a representational vote called upon by the majority of the membership.  I encourage you all to write the NMB and ask for yourselves.  After months of argueing with 700 over this issue he finally aknowledged that the option of either other or write in will be on there, if this is the case then the membership will need to write in who they want to represent them.  If it is not an option vote NO or against alliance as the unions cannot decert themselves from representing you it would take the NMB to decert.   You guys really need to do your OWN homework.  NEVER rely on any union that is involved (TWU/IAM)  and please do not rely on me, write the NMB and get the facts from the horses mouth, the TWU and IAM will lie thru their teeth at a last ditch effort to keep the dues flowing in...

Bob please explain to these guys to get their own information they will be shocked at how much the IAM/TWU alliance is lying to its members...

700UW said:
Because that is how the NMB does, it was that way on the IBT Raid at US.

It was
IAM
IBT
Other
No Union

And the Alliance ballot will not look like what you have posted.

Did Tommie Regan show you the ballot too?

Josh

Can you ever add something to the debate instead of being an anus?

And I saw many the letter the NMB put out with the ballots which explained it all during the raid, did you?

Were you there?

Did you have anything to do with the raid?

Do you have anything to do with US, AA, IAM, TWU, or the NMB?

And who is Tommie Reagan?

See in your over-zealousness to be a crap stirrer with name dropping you cant even get the names right.

The NMB will be conducting the election, the IAM and TWU as the alliance are going to file with the NMB.

So swamt will see who is right when it happens.

What if about it?

If AMFA files you will see an SCS filed to then the PMUS mechanic and related will count towards the 50%+1, and they wont get enough cards from the PMUS side.

And once again you avoid the things told and asked.

Cant admit you were wrong once again.

700UW said:
Can you ever add something to the debate instead of being an anus?

And I saw many the letter the NMB put out with the ballots which explained it all during the raid, did you?

Were you there?

Did you have anything to do with the raid?

Do you have anything to do with US, AA, IAM, TWU, or the NMB?

And who is Tommie Reagan?

See in your over-zealousness to be a crap stirrer with name dropping you cant even get the names right.

The NMB will be conducting the election, the IAM and TWU as the alliance are going to file with the NMB.

So swamt will see who is right when it happens.

700UW said:
What if about it?

If AMFA files you will see an SCS filed to then the PMUS mechanic and related will count towards the 50%+1, and they wont get enough cards from the PMUS side.

I have a question, if the NMB is conducting this election, why is the IAM forcing an unwanted raid at AA. I surely did not sign an IAM card and never will!!
I already have a POS union I have to deal with, why would I want two. This is a BS alliance and everyone knows it and you fail to acknowledge it.

700 GET A LIFE!!

Let us worry about what's going to happen.

How is the IAM forcing anything when the TWU are a signing party to the Alliance and agreed to it?

700UW said:
How is the IAM forcing anything when the TWU are a signing party to the Alliance and agreed to it?
 forcedforc·ingforc·es
1. To compel through pressure or necessity

2.   a. To gain by the use of force or coercion
      b. To move or effect against resistance or inertia
      c. To inflict or impose relentlessly

Exactly my point !!. No one here at AA asked for this. It's just something else the TWU did without asking it's members and they are forcing an unwanted election.

700UW said:
What if about it?

Admit I am wrong about what?  So what I misspelled an IAM official's name once get over it.  You are wrong plenty and never own up to it.  

Josh

700UW said:
There is going to be a vote, so nothing is forced.

There shouldn't be a vote for this dues protecting BS, the membership never asked for it and if you pay any attention here I have seen nothing positive written about it (aside from weAAsles, who seems more like an IAM apologist).

Josh

ThirdSeatHero said:

Chuck  your post illustrates the common misconceptions about your upcoming vote.

You are correct the NMB doesn't cover would be union alliances, what they do cover is representational elections.

That is the key to all the confusion - this is not a vote on the FORMATION of the TWU/IAM alliance, The TWU and the IAM hierarchy did that on their own without a membership vote. This is a REPRESENTATIONAL vote on whether or not the AA/US mechanics want them as a CBA representative, and that is a function that falls under the jurisdiction of the NMB.

Please check the NMB link I posted earlier in this thread it spells out exactly how merger representational votes are conducted.
I think this bears repeating. You guys can hopefully rid yourselves by getting AMFA cards signed. Your unions sold you guys out- without any input from you. They decided this alliance was best for you, no matter what you think. Get your cards signed, and have an active write in campaign to make sure.

blue collar said:
I think this bears repeating. You guys can hopefully rid yourselves by getting AMFA cards signed. Your unions sold you guys out- without any input from you. They decided this alliance was best for you, no matter what you think. Get your cards signed, and have an active write in campaign to make sure.

Would be great to see hope AA goes AMFA and the IAM/TWU gets beat at their own game and loses duespayers.

Josh

swamt said:
Not true sir.  This will be an alliance vote within the union.  These guys are already represented, therefore this is not a representational vote called upon by the majority of the membership.  I encourage you all to write the NMB and ask for yourselves.  After months of argueing with 700 over this issue he finally aknowledged that the option of either other or write in will be on there, if this is the case then the membership will need to write in who they want to represent them.  If it is not an option vote NO or against alliance as the unions cannot decert themselves from representing you it would take the NMB to decert.   You guys really need to do your OWN homework.  NEVER rely on any union that is involved (TWU/IAM)  and please do not rely on me, write the NMB and get the facts from the horses mouth, the TWU and IAM will lie thru their teeth at a last ditch effort to keep the dues flowing in...

Bob please explain to these guys to get their own information they will be shocked at how much the IAM/TWU alliance is lying to its members...

swamt, it is true.

The upcoming vote this membership is going to take isn't a question on whether the membership wants the IAM/TWU to form an alliance, that has already happened without the membership voting.

The IAM/TWU alliance will file a petition for representation with the NMB, and if there are no intervenors then the only selections will be IAM/TWU - Other/write in - no union.

Again - the alliance is already formed - thats NOT what the upcoming election is for.

It will be a representational election, and it will be conducted by the NMB.

Back