IAM Withdraws NMB Election Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
swamt said:
southwind, I have understood your stance since you first answered this question a long long time ago.  Don't know why he keeps beating a dead horse with you.  I actually feel the same way you do.  But we had no choice of being represented or not when we hired on as the unions were already here.  With that being said, I will add this to the entire picture.  Now days here at work with certain individuals now gone from work, I am glad I am represented by a union now.  As alot of us feel very different than we did 5-10-15-20 years ago and it is spreading like wildfires throughout the ranks and ALL groups from the pilots to the cleaners to the office folks.  With all that; is any company out there the same as when people were first hired in? Yea they are.  And we could get back to it but there needs to be some changes in order to get there as well as time...
You're assuming what I write is only meant for the individual I'm addressing. It's not.

"All the world is a stage and we are merely players"

WeAAsles said:
Do you have a reading comprehension issue? Here let me post this article for you.

So, you ask me to answer a simple question, I do, then you turn around and attack me ( see above)?
Sorry you didn't like my answer but , to be honest, there's nothing you, personally, can sell me, that I'll buy concerning a union!

Now, let's see if you can give me a simple answer...........yes or no will do!

Did the IAM perform struck work, when NW mechanics went on strike?

southwind said:
So, you ask me to answer a simple question, I do, then you turn around and attack me ( see above)?
Sorry you didn't like my answer but , to be honest, there's nothing you, personally, can sell me, that I'll buy concerning a union!

Don't know? They say they didn't and others say they did. I wasn't there.

11709516_1023651347646947_878444101445898917_n.jpg

100% yes they did deicing while the AMFA was on strike. They agreed to do the work and when everything was over and done NWA said thanks for your help during the strike but we are going to outsource the work. Champion air flew routes for NWA due to all of the grounded a/c for mechanical problems. The pilots were represented by the reamsters.

Some of you still dont get it.

Ancillary duties were ALREADY being done by the ramp in most stations, the language is in the CBA, and when AMFA struck NW they imposed a CBA and the work went to the ramp as it was ALREADY in the Ramp CBA.

And parking and pushing, deicing and air starts did not break AMFA.

No IAM member at NW fixed an airplane.

And Champion Air was represented by the IBT, not the IAM.

AMFA was out smarted by NW Management and lost the war.

767 mechanic said:
100% yes they did deicing while the AMFA was on strike. They agreed to do the work and when everything was over and done NWA said thanks for your help during the strike but we are going to outsource the work. Champion air flew routes for NWA due to all of the grounded a/c for mechanical problems. The pilots were represented by the reamsters.
Two points of order:

First: AMFA struck in August. Not a whole lot of spraying happening, even in places like MSP.

Second: Deicing had been performed by the ramp for years prior to the strike, even in cities staffed with AMTs.

700UW said:
Some of you still dont get it.

Ancillary duties were ALREADY being done by the ramp in most stations, the language is in the CBA, and when AMFA struck NW they imposed a CBA and the work went to the ramp as it was ALREADY in the Ramp CBA.

And parking and pushing, deicing and air starts did not break AMFA.

No IAM member at NW fixed an airplane.

And Champion Air was represented by the IBT, not the IAM.

AMFA was out smarted by NW Management and lost the war.
You can sugar coat it any way you want to but, the IAM crossed another unions line and performed struck work!

First of all I said Champion air was represented by the ibt. So why are you so defensive. You also said in most stations not all stations so the fact remains that the iam scabbed at stations that the AMFA did that work. And also 700 why would you apologize and say that the iam was wrong for doing that work if you did not believe that they were doing scab work. If I have to look the post up on the AA site to prove that you apologized I will. So quit trying to spin this by telling only part of the history. Typical of an industrial union person.

Kev3188

The fact that it was Aug and there was very little deicing being done has no bearing on this. It is the fact that they did the work at a station that the work was normally performed by AMFA mechanics. If they performed the work only once they are still scabs

southwind said:
You can sugar coat it any way you want to but, the IAM crossed another unions line and performed struck work!
As did ALPA, PFAA(which was AMFA's sister union) and the TWU.

767 mechanic said:
Kev3188

The fact that it was Aug and there was very little deicing being done has no bearing on this.
Too early for dry wit?

It is the fact that they did the work at a station that the work was normally performed by AMFA mechanics.
All well and good, except that deicing was NOT normally performed by AMT's, nor had it been for many years leading up to the strike.

767 mechanic said:
First of all I said Champion air was represented by the ibt. So why are you so defensive. You also said in most stations not all stations so the fact remains that the iam scabbed at stations that the AMFA did that work. And also 700 why would you apologize and say that the iam was wrong for doing that work if you did not believe that they were doing scab work. If I have to look the post up on the AA site to prove that you apologized I will. So quit trying to spin this by telling only part of the history. Typical of an industrial union person.Kev3188The fact that it was Aug and there was very little deicing being done has no bearing on this. It is the fact that they did the work at a station that the work was normally performed by AMFA mechanics. If they performed the work only once they are still scabs
The reason he's so defensive is your showing others members of his "precious" IAM has scabs working for them.....you know, the type of people legitimate unions abhor!

silverbird007 said:
That's Aluminum Lady, lots of funny videos on You Tube
Thanks for answering my question, instead of answering my question with another question, like someone else did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back